Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movies filmed in Tipperary

• 06-10-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Excalibur (The Rock of Cashel & Cahir Castle)

Barry Lyndon (Cahir Castle)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

• This was filmed in Cahir Castle in 1979 Tristan and Isolde, Lovespell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZqEMGwCUjE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I watched the Italian job the other night for the umpteen time and for the first time I noticed in the credits at the end that it was filmed in England,Italy and Ireland,I was wondering what parts of it were filmed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭Bigus

tippspur wrote: »
    I watched the Italian job the other night for the umpteen time and for the first time I noticed in the credits at the end that it was filmed in England,Italy and Ireland,I was wondering what parts of it were filmed here?

The jail was kilmainham , all jail scenes, and the cemetery with the meeting was cruagh cemetery, in rathfarnham hills beside merryploughbhoy pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bigus wrote: »
    The jail was kilmainham , all jail scenes, and the cemetery with the meeting was cruagh cemetery, in rathfarnham hills beside merryploughbhoy pub.
    Thanks for that Bigus.I never knew that was Kilmainham Jail even though I visited the place once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Barry Lyndon (Cahir Castle)

Barry Lyndon was also filmed at Moorstown Castle, not far from Clonmel.
    The scene should be the one when Barry fights with Mr. O'Toole, one of his fellow soldiers, during their lunch, about 35 minutes into the movie.
    Though I've been at Moorstown Castle, I didn't recognize the place. The castle has a tower, a round keep inside its bawn, but in the movie this tower is never visible.
    Can anybody clear this up for me, please?

Advertisement