Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Local Radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I would like to thank Tipp FM for their coverage of the Hurling Final both drawn and replay and also the homecoming on Sunday. Wasn't able to get to croke park or even back to tipp so it was a priceless service.

If you meet them in the street,and say " I listen to Tipp FM " You will get 20 Euro,,and if you have it written somewhere,like your phone,you will get 40 Euro.....So make sure you know the phrase that pays!

The hospital radio has extended its hours of broadcast.It has a morning call show which starts at 10am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Yorker

Tipp fm read yesterdays news at 10 am today

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Yorker wrote: »
    Tipp fm read yesterdays news at 10 am today

With all this rubbish about irish water there probably was no difference to todays news or tomorrows for that mattter!

With all this rubbish about irish water there probably was no difference to todays news or tomorrows for that mattter!
    why is it rubbish it is news and that is a cop out. it is a joke to play news with warnings about halloween the day after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

why is it rubbish it is news and that is a cop out. it is a joke to play news with warnings about halloween the day after

It was probably a Newstalk feed at that hour I'd imagine rather than something that Tipp FM were responsible for

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    It was probably a Newstalk feed at that hour I'd imagine rather than something that Tipp FM were responsible for
    no it wasn't it was a repeat of a local broadcast from yesterday. and how would tipp fm not be responsible for all they broadcast? It had halloween warnings from a bulletin from yesterday. yesterdays stories at 10 am today

Rumour has it,that some ex Tipp FM presenters may be thinking along the lines of local radio..Maybe just a rumor and talk..

DT100 wrote: »
    Rumour has it,that some ex Tipp FM presenters may be thinking along the lines of local radio..Maybe just a rumor and talk..
    how can they do that would they not need a licence? who are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Expunge

According to the JNLR listenership survey, published yesterday, Tipp FM is down to a 35 percent listenership reach.
    The Reach figure for Tipp FM in 2012 was 50 per cent. The station would seem to be dying on it's arse.

I took those figures from ilevel.ie

• Advertisement

Expunge wrote: »
    According to the JNLR listenership survey, published yesterday, Tipp FM is down to a 35 percent listenership reach.
    The Reach figure for Tipp FM in 2012 was 50 per cent. The station would seem to be dying on it's arse.

I took those figures from ilevel.ie

***More and more people are tuning into Tipp FM.
    Latest JNLR/MRBI figures show that over 43 thousand people listen to Tipp FM every weekday.
    We retain the lion's share of the radio market in the Premier County at 43.2%, meaning we have more than double the market share of our nearest rivals.
    Station Manager Fran Curry has thanked the loyal listeners and extended a warm welcome to all our new listeners.***

That's from the Tipp FM news....I suppose its how you spin the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Expunge

Yep. There's nothing inaccurate in that statement.
    It listenership reach is 35 per cent - a figure declining heavily in recent times.
    This figure is not mentioned in that piece of spin.

The Market Share is indeed 43.2 percent which means those who do tune in listen longer.

So their headline should not be "more and more people are tuning in to Tipp FM"
    it probably should be "less and less people are tuning in to Tipp FM but are staying a bit longer"
    Less catchy, I suppose.

Expunge wrote: »
    Yep. There's nothing inaccurate in that statement.
    It listenership reach is 35 per cent - a figure declining heavily in recent times.
    This figure is not mentioned in that piece of spin.

The Market Share is indeed 43.2 percent which means those who do tune in listen longer.

So their headline should not be "more and more people are tuning in to Tipp FM"
    it probably should be "less and less people are tuning in to Tipp FM but are staying a bit longer"
    Less catchy, I suppose.

Which might be in breach of their oligation to give both sides or tell the truth in their 'news', sorry spin

how can they do that would they not need a licence? who are they?

Community I suppose....I don't think anyone would chance pirate these days?

Community I suppose....I don't think anyone would chance pirate these days?

Butvypu said ex tippfmers, which ones or it it rumour. Why don't they come out with it

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭johnplayer

TippFM looking for presenters .

http://www.tippfm.com/pages/vacancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

This is the perfect opportunity for all the posters that know all about how the job should be done. Get in there and show us how it should be done instead of posting here :-) Happy new year everyone.

This is the perfect opportunity for all the posters that know all about how the job should be done. Get in there and show us how it should be done instead of posting here :-) Happy new year everyone.

You might put in a good word for us;-)

You might put in a good word for us;-)

Ye don't need a word put in, ye're so good can't understand why ye not been headhunted by the national stations :-)

• Advertisement

Ye don't need a word put in, ye're so good can't understand why ye not been headhunted by the national stations :-)

If the national stations need a spark..I am available...I have opinions on movies as well,but I am not John Wayne.:D

Did you apply for Ray Darcys job then. Opinions are fine everyone's entitled to one but continual criticism of something without suggestions on how to improve it is very easy and gets very tiresome. This isn't aimed at you the way :-)

Did you apply for Ray Darcys job then. Opinions are fine everyone's entitled to one but continual criticism of something without suggestions on how to improve it is very easy and gets very tiresome. This isn't aimed at you the way :-)

Why would I apply for Ray Darcys Job....I am sure you heard the term spark/sparky
    Crossed wires a I think;-)

Why would I apply for Ray Darcys Job....I am sure you heard the term spark/sparky
    Crossed wires a I think;-)

Thought from your posts here you might enjoy the challenge...maybe not. If your a sparks better not cross your wires :-)

Well hopefully the advert for new presenters,will find some new talent,that will see their listenership rise again,and make it a decent station for Tipp....

This is not provoke anybody on this thread whether you work in Radio or not but its always always always been my experience that most vocal have the least ability to create good radio .

johnplayer wrote: »
    This is not provoke anybody on this thread whether you work in Radio or not but its always always always been my experience that most vocal have the least ability to create good radio .

From that post,I presume you are in the radio business?

From that post,I presume you are in the radio business?

Not sure if you are having a dig at me there 😉 and I'm guessing you too have more then a passing interest going by calling yourself after a set of industry standard cans but without exposing myself too much I can say yes I've worked in Radio but it's been quite a few years ago . I've not worked on the Air so I'm slow criticise people who do . But I still maintain that the emptiest vessels make the most noise .

• Advertisement

The empty vessel syndrome is alive and kicking. There are two kinds of people, people who talk and people who do. The people who talk won't put themselves out there to be criticised but instead wait to criticise every move of the people who do.
    For the most part the people who do are too busy to hear the criticism anyhow so it doesn't really matter a whole lot to them.

Advertisement