Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We went over to PDT earlier for (our first) social hour - Bailey is crashed out EXHAUTED lol!! So glad we went - wasn't in the mood for the park mafia (small dog owners who let their dogs run up to ours and initiate play...then freak out if ours agree to play with them!) this morning as my friend is away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

anniehoo wrote: »
    I've been soooo busy lately, ive only tipped in and out of the forum the last 2 weeks. How are your kittens? Did they make it? Sorry, i know i commented once but haven't checked back since :o

Beanie does the same territory marking too,even when friends have stayed over, let alone having other animals in the apartment. He has his own designated area that's only his, but still has his little moments.

They are doing great, I have them placed in a foster home as I am moving away tomorrow for my equine placement!! So if you know of anyone wanting a kitten... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Lola chewed my f**king glasses to pieces last night :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Dunny wrote: »
    Lola chewed my f**king glasses to pieces last night :(:(

Was it you who recently posted that their little terror had chewed up a pair of runners too?

Whispered wrote: »
    Was it you who recently posted that their little terror had chewed up a pair of runners too?

Yeah trainers and jeans

• Advertisement

Dunny wrote: »
    Yeah trainers and jeans

haha you poor thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Huge congratulations to the Irish Junior agility team who competed this weekend in the UK. The over 12 team came 2nd in a group of 20 teams :D

So so proud of them. They and their Trainer have put in an incredible amount of work over the past few months!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I just moved to Tipperary for my equine placement, this should be fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I'm starting to think millie is a rhodesian x boxer instead of a boxer x lab (that's what they told me in the shelter) Probably something I should know at this stage but I have yet to figure it out.

It was this picture that I found today that has cast some doubts :P

Boxer+Rhodesian+Ridgeback+Mix.jpg

here's millie
    birthdayj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have no idea :P

Anyone have any ideas? I don't really need to know but I'm really curious. Everyone asks me what she is and I'm sort of like, "ehh... I think she's X"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Looks like a few boxer lab crosses I've seen before but that's not to say she definitely is either. I'd put my money on it though tbh if I had to choose. Gorgeous dog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think millie is a rhodesian x boxer instead of a boxer x lab (that's what they told me in the shelter) Probably something I should know at this stage but I have yet to figure it out.

Anyone have any ideas? I don't really need to know but I'm really curious. Everyone asks me what she is and I'm sort of like, "ehh... I think she's X"

Does she have any kind of ridge on her back?

ISDW wrote: »
    Does she have any kind of ridge on her back?

Nope. Is that always on cross breeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Nope. Is that always on cross breeds?

No they don't. I seen a program on them before and some of the pure bred puppies didn't have ridge. This breeder would put the ones without a ridge to sleep as they weren't desirable in the show world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

TillyGirl wrote: »
    No they don't. I seen a program on them before and some of the pure bred puppies didn't have ridge. This breeder would put the ones without a ridge to sleep as they weren't desirable in the show world.

I saw that too, wasn't it that bbc expose on pedigree dogs?

Tranceypoo wrote: »

I saw that too, wasn't it that bbc expose on pedigree dogs?

Was trying to remember but can't think at all what it was on. Awful sad. One of the reasons I hate showing dogs.

I heard there were issues with the ridge on the back. Causes problems later on in their lives. Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Yeh I seem to recall on the program it said that the actual ridges were a sign of a potential spinal disease, that's how I remember it now I stand to be corrected of course!

No manners on the pets in this house :o

Yesterday the cat got into the kitchen unsupervised and ate 2 freshly cooked chicken breasts which were left cooling, covered on the counter.

This morning Harley decided he did not want to go outside for the toilet so ran in under the clothes horse then knocked it over scattering clean clothes against the fire place.

This evening I called Phoe up onto the couch beside me, instead of going around the couch to climb up, he ran across the coffee table :eek

No manners on the pets in this house :o

Yesterday the cat got into the kitchen unsupervised and ate 2 freshly cooked chicken breasts which were left cooling, covered on the counter.

Reminds me of my last dog. When he was a pup, we left him in his bed in the kitchen for a couple of hours. When we came back down, he was fast asleep in his bed with a plastic container on the floor in front of him. In that plastic container, before we left, was 6 frozen chicken breasts that we were defrosting for the dinner :P

haha you poor thing!

Heres another one, ate my Glasses last night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I use my microwave for hiding stuff to defrost or to cool, cats and dogs haven't figured out how to open the door yet! :D

I was out gardening earlier and Ollie was supervising, I come in for a cuppa and he's up on the arm of the sofa sitting on my clean bedding I just bought in off the line an hour earlier, must be naughty pet week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

It was this picture that I found today that has cast some doubts :P

Boxer+Rhodesian+Ridgeback+Mix.jpg

here's millie
    birthdayj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does she have any markings down her back? we have a dashund x staffie or so we think. we got her from shelter and her mum was def dashund and we think dad is staffie but my uncle is convinced there is rhodesian in her too cos she has this zig zag marking down her lower back.

fifib wrote: »
    Does she have any markings down her back? we have a dashund x staffie or so we think. we got her from shelter and her mum was def dashund and we think dad is staffie but my uncle is convinced there is rhodesian in her too cos she has this zig zag marking down her lower back.

To a large extent? No. No considerable markings other than speckles of black hair running down her back and through her tail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For some reason this morning everybody wanted to sit on me. I must have smelled furry or something!

Peteb2s Roxie is up top draped across my left arm, Tillygirls Lexi is on my right leg, Gizmo the little foster is on my knees and Benson is snuggled under my arm.
    Oh and Shadow the yorkie is at my feet, refusing to get involved in the scrum but nonetheless had to be close by.

SDC12468.jpg

Cute photo! Thanks so much she is panned out on the backseat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Cute photo! Thanks so much she is panned out on the backseat!

You're welcome, she's a little sweetheart! Here's that nice one I got on the beach, well the dunes!

066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

She is soooo cute!

Love that photo! Wud you mind emailing me the batdog one/stick it up here, it didn't come through proper on my phone. Thanks!

stick it up here

I LOVE staffy batdog faces. Phoes batdog head is what made me realise he wasn't going to be rehomed again.

• Advertisement

I LOVE staffy batdog faces. Phoes batdog head is what made me realise he wasn't going to be rehomed again.

She is the ultimate batdog!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement