Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey ate something in the park this morning and has been sick 3 times... Lucy has an exploding bum from daycare and has been up the last 3 nights between 2:00-3:00am! :( I forget what a night's sleep is lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »
    Bailey ate something in the park this morning and has been sick 3 times... Lucy has an exploding bum from daycare and has been up the last 3 nights between 2:00-3:00am! :( I forget what a night's sleep is lol!

Hope they feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

This weather is doing my head in! EVERYTHING is damp: clothes, shoes, dog beds, rugs, doormats etc. I had to change clothes 3 times yesterday due to getting damp sand stuck to me, then got soaked in a shower, then got covered in mud splatter in the garden. It was one of those days where it didn't seem necessary to wear wet gear but I got caught anyway. :(:(

I hear ya! Wasn't raining when we went out this morning..5 mins later it started and we got soaked!! I have Bailey's old drying towel on the pup and a robe/drying towel on Bailey that doesn't cover his tummy...so another towel wraped around and stuck with velcro lol! lol! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Another week another vet trip, I noticed a pink tinge to Tobys' urine this morning so he's booked in at the vet this afternoon, I think he's got another urinary tract infection, he only got treated for the last one a few weeks ago.:( I've got to take Felix in on Wednesday for a check on his ear, that's not looking promising as he's shaking it as much as ever even though he's getting his antibiotics every day.

Honestly I should be getting a discount at this point, this is the 5th week in a row that I've been to the vets, at least once. Our trip to Dublin is looking less likely as well now with all the outgoings to the vet for the cats, but they're worth it and will always come first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

So this has been happening for the last few hours... One day she'll get that ball :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Where did you get that toy? I think one of mine would love it!

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Where did you get that toy? I think one of mine would love it!

Got it in Dunnes last christmas, only about 6 euro. Hope they've more this year, there were a few different toys I wanted to get but missed out.
    I've seen them in tkmaxx too but they were a bit more costly.

Found out recently that kildare village outlet place has dog kennels for up to four hours! Clever move by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Wow, think that is a great move by them. I wish more places had a doggie crèche, where you could pop them in and know they are being looked after for an hour or so.

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    Wow, think that is a great move by them. I wish more places had a doggie crèche, where you could pop them in and know they are being looked after for an hour or so.

Are they being looked after or just left in a pen/kennel though?

Kennels only but the person I was talking to on the phone said they are quite large kennels (four of them).

Just spent the afternoon being sat on by 40kgs of sad dog. I think I have internal organ damage but at least she's a little happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Spent an incredibly frustrating morning trying to find pictures of my little darling so I can print them off. Going around in circles. I'm so frustrated, I've given myself a headache.
    I'm so lonely and heart sore for that little cat- misery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Got it in Dunnes last christmas, only about 6 euro. Hope they've more this year, there were a few different toys I wanted to get but missed out.
    I've seen them in tkmaxx too but they were a bit more costly.

That's awesome!! I need to get one. mental puppy would love it

doggy shopping creche is an awesome idea...

Jazzys been guarding my left leg for me this afternoon. I've a nasty abcess under my right arm and the pain was making me queasy, so in my rush from the chemist to get a cab I stumbled and twisted the ankle just as I got to the cab.

I've been icing it and have it propped up on pillows. I've torn ligaments in that leg a few times over the years and it doesn't
    take much to damage it now. Honestly, sometimes I feel like there's a deity somewhere just having a laugh finding things to inflict on me:(:D

I won a bag of real nature kitten food at the cat show, and didn't realise there was ingredients in English until today.. Barbary duck and ostrich flavor! No wonder it stinks!! :eek:

I've gotten ostrich treats loads of times on zooplus and there was no mad smell off them. Come to think of it I was feeding ostrich & potato food at one stage and it was fine!

Maybe it's the duck part that smells :P

tk123 wrote: »
    His bandage is PINK! Lol! The surgeon was really happy with the op and how it turned out. On the way back to Dublin with my head against the crate and my arm under his head poor baba

179323.jpg

So this happened 2 years ago! :pac: My baba!! :P

• Advertisement

Felix attacked Toby again yesterday in the kitchen, for no obvious reason. My husband was in the room so he saw that Toby was asleep on the armchair and Felix just leapt through the air at him and attacked him:confused:

He got himself all worked up last night so we brought him up with us and closed the bedroom door, instead of curling up on the bed with us he sprayed the radiator and got so stressed out we had to open the bedroom door for him. Toby stayed out most of the night to avoid him and didn't come home til gone 6am, he was soaked.

We got some more Zylkene yesterday in the hope that it'll calm him down. I'm hoping that it's just the problem with his ear making him grumpy and aggressive and not a longer term aggression issue with Toby:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Just home after a few days in hospital, met by a very excited doggie. Hubby said he found it very hard to get her to eat while I was away and she spent every night sleeping on my side of the bed resting her head on my pj's :(. He doesn't like her being on the bed so he had to move out as there was no way she was leaving:D Just goes to prove she is a Mummy's girl. I must say I was so happy to get lots of welcome home licks, from the dog that is :P

Layinghen wrote: »
    from the dog that is :P

:pac: :pac: glad you clarified that!! Hope you're feeling better :)

I slammed the car door on my foot today in my stupidity, and had to walk around town for a few hours on it so was in agony. I was greatly looking forward to lying down in bed to rest it with a nice ice pack but Dude has decided he wants to play 'kill all the lumps under the duvet'. Ouch!

OMG Cinnamon threw the mightiest tantrum yesterday morning over her food. She often comes up and wakes us up for breakfast in the morning, which is grand.. wander down half asleep, feed her, then back to bed to sleep again. But yesterday morning she was having none of it. She had a half bowl of dry food (there's dry food for her continuously) and a fresh pouch that my OH had only just opened for her. But she wanted more dry food, and we had none. I moved the biscuits around in the bowl after pretending to put more in from an empty packet and that worked for all of ten minutes before the screaming and banging and pulling stuff out of the wardrobe and the hitting our sleeping hands for 2 hours. In the end I got some of Poppy's dry food and put it under the food already in Cinnamons bowl to make it look full and then she was happy :rolleyes:. I don't even know. She may be a teeny bit spoiled :p:o

Sylbs is settling in nicely, we're trying to find a new name for him, currently trying out Max (for Maxwell Franklin Pennington, because we're weird and he looks posh). He's moved down the lounge and hasn't had a single accident, using his litter box every time. He's very nervous still and we dont pat him too much, but he wanders around happily and walks over up to us and puts his front paws on the couch to see what we're doing then wanders off again.
    Poppy is like a little mother with him, it's so lovely. She'll see him come out from under the table and she'll go over and give him a lick on the top of his head and he'll push into her and then she'll go back to what she's doing. And then last night I was holding my hand out to Sylbs and he was looking cautious so Poppy came over, licked him, licked my hand and then nudged him with her nose as if to say 'it's ok, she's nice'.
    Cinnamon's been ignoring him when we're here, but I spotted them touching noses without any growling from the top of the stairs yesterday, so yay, progress!

Poppy has been impossible with her toileting the past few days with the weather. Because she's so small the grass is making her belly wet and she's refusing to go outside unless we pick her up and put her lead on and make her go :( This morning my OH tried to take her out and as soon as she realised he was taking her out she turned straight around, raced upstairs and doce under the covers with me :P

Sorry for the novel length post :o

Honerbright you'll have to watch Downton Abbey for ideas on posh names for him:D

I find it funny, most people my age look forward to having a free house so they can have a party, get up to mischief, the usual things you would do in your early 20s.. and me.. I use the time to keep my cats in all day and have bedtime cuddles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Got some great new cat collars in tk maxx yesterday. They're adjustable which is handy as the last one was huge on umi because she's tiny. And they have a safety buckle which pops open if they get caught on something which I was worried about. Only three euro each! I'm buying them a huge cat tree today too. Spoilt I tells ya!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz Lucy was up at 3:30 last night - didn't know if she wanted to go to the loo or just get up on the bed with us so took her out to be safe, lock back up and Bailey comes bounding down the stairs so back out again! :p
    Bailey went to daycare on Friday with her - I was up early enough to try him and take him home if he wasn't going in.. He happily went in and was fine when I collected him so a big relief. We're into week 4 of the thyroid meds and I've started to see a difference in him - both in his coat (he doesn't look like he got an electric shock lol) and he's definetly not as jumpy - especially on walks - I think he's also getting some confidence from walking with Lucy too.
    We walk by 3 barking dogs - Bailey walked by them 3 years ago and they went nuts and frightened him - it took us the best part of 2 years to be able to walk by them again.
    Walk #1 with Lucy - she got afriad and leaned into Bailey, gave a little woo growl as we crossed the road (the dogs are by the traffic lights/crossing)
    Walk #2 - she got a fright at first then went bananas jumping around in circles and barking as we crossed the road - to the amusment of the cars waiting at the lights :p
    Walk #3 - she blanked them and sat for treats beside Bailey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just back from the vets with Benson. Thought he had a blood blister in his ear but it's actually a small growth:eek: Hopefully it's benign, vet thinks it's most likely a histeocytoma but worst case scenario it could be a basal cell tumour, which can be malignant :eek:.
    Test results should be back by the weekend. Which can't come fast enough now.

• Advertisement

Just back from the vets with Benson. Thought he had a blood blister in his ear but it's actually a small growth:eek: Hopefully it's benign, vet thinks it's most likely a histeocytoma but worst case scenario it could be a basal cell tumour, which can be malignant :eek:.
    Test results should be back by the weekend. Which can't come fast enough now.

Nothing worse than waiting for results, I hope everything is okay with him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement