Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historians + satanists= mildly interesting boards thread

• 28-02-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hey this is just something I found that was interesting ,
    So im walking around a semi-semi-rural area near me and I stumble on a little chapel and graveyard I go inside and see that theres a vault attached to the chapel there are iron bars in front of a steel door and on that steel door is an upside down pentagram spraypainted on the iron door at first I thougt "pricks" and found it wierd that someone from that area would vandalise a grave, I got home and googled his name "Austin Cooper" and found he did a study on the hellfire club and the land around it in 1779, 8 years after it's revival (according to wiki) . So this left me with a few questions:

1. Did he do something when studying montpelier hill to piss off satanists/300 year old secret society ?

2.Did he join the club and do something to earn praise 300 years later?

3.Was it ne'erdowell youths and just a coincedence ? (I have ruled out this answer because it's boring)

Bear in mind this place is pretty secluded and in a nice area and there was no other graffiti in this place

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Any chance of a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Where is this? I'm 100% sure I've been in that graveyard and seen the same spray painted door you mentioned about three or so years ago.

Advertisement