Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Political Policing? PSNI soft on Loyalists

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

so they were causing an obstruction and were arrested by the Police?

Wow, I'm sure MI5 spent hours instructing the PSNI on what to do with that one:rolleyes:
    How come loyalist blocking roads havent been arrested....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

so they were causing an obstruction and were arrested by the Police?

Wow, I'm sure MI5 spent hours instructing the PSNI on what to do with that one:rolleyes:

Arrested ages later at a time when the cops are pursuing a nationwide agenda including attempting to have people imprisoned for having a beret in the house. Considering the police in the north have recently been proven to be colluding with Loyalists to murder British citizens I don't see how you have such difficulty believeing they may have an agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

GRMA wrote: »
    How come loyalist blocking roads havent been arrested....

yet....
    FTA69 wrote: »
    Arrested ages later at a time when the cops are pursuing a nationwide agenda including attempting to have people imprisoned for having a beret in the house. Considering the police in the north have recently been proven to be colluding with Loyalists to murder British citizens I don't see how you have such difficulty believeing they may have an agenda.

it was proven the RUC were doing it, the PSNI is a different animal entirely.

yet....

it was proven the RUC were doing it, the PSNI is a different animal entirely.

The PSNI has the same agenda the RUC did, to maintain the security of the northern state within a British context. And to this effect their security agenda is exclusively dictated by MI5, who were up to their necks in state collusion with Loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

The PSNI has the same agenda the RUC did, to maintain the security of the northern state within a British context. And to this effect their security agenda is exclusively dictated by MI5, who were up to their necks in state collusion with Loyalists.
    i would not be so quick in throwing accusations about so quickly,wait at least untill the smithwick tribunal report is published,

• Advertisement

getz wrote: »
    i would not be so quick in throwing accusations about so quickly,wait at least untill the smithwick tribunal report is published,

Sorry but collusion was a reality. End of story really.

Sorry but collusion was a reality. End of story really.
    and so was irish senators gun running,and defence monies being paid to the IRA ,

and so was irish senators gun running,and defence monies being paid to the IRA ,

First of all Irish state support went to defence committees, by the time the Provisional IRA was up and running properly the state turned completely against Republicans. And besides, does that somehow justify official British state agencies such as the police, the military and various intelligence agencies arming and equipping Loyalists so they could murder civilians in the UK?

First of all Irish state support went to defence committees, by the time the Provisional IRA was up and running properly the state turned completely against Republicans. And besides, does that somehow justify official British state agencies such as the police, the military and various intelligence agencies arming and equipping Loyalists so they could murder civilians in the UK?
    then the smithwick tribunal on state collusion in the shootings of northern irish policemen is a complete waste of time and money [costing millions of euros ,so far]

then the smithwick tribunal on state collusion in the shootings of northern irish policemen is a complete waste of time and money [costing millions of euros ,so far]

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps a guard did pass on information to the IRA, I wouldn't disbelieve the notion. That however, is very different to a co-ordinated and sustained campaign of collusion undertaken by various state bodies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Ironically almost an identical thread is running on a loyalist site with exactly the same complaints about the police as the usual republicans on this site, the arguments are identical, just have to substitute the words republican / loyalist

junder wrote: »
    Ironically almost an identical thread is running on a loyalist site with exactly the same complaints about the police as the usual republicans on this site, the arguments are identical, just have to substitute the words republican / loyalist

Why are Republicans in charge of the PSNI's security agenda? I thought it was MI5 myself.

Loyalists having a siege mentality where everyone wants to sell them out at the drop of a hat is nothing new to be fair.

Given decades of RUC support any marginal move towards equal policing is viewed as favoring nationalists by loyalists.

Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. So far any evidence that the psni is favouring loyalists is anecdotal. No actual proof. Once the protests die down the police will start arresting people, at the moment they are gathering intel,same as the Garda did during the recent dissident funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

no the haven't!
    It is believed that their was collusion at a very high level between the British Army (mostly the FRU) and loyalist gunmen years ago.
    However dont let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

no the haven't!
    It is believed that their was collusion at a very high level between the British Army (mostly the FRU) and loyalist gunmen years ago.
    However dont let the facts get in the way of your agenda.
    800px-Collusion_is_not_an_illusion.jpg

Everyone knows collusion was a reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. So far any evidence that the psni is favouring loyalists is anecdotal. No actual proof. Once the protests die down the police will start arresting people, at the moment they are gathering intel,same as the Garda did during the recent dissident funeral.

and it is exactly the same way the Metropolitan and West Midlands police handled the riots last year.

Seeing as the chief constable of the PSNI cut his teeth at the Met and then the WM Police, I'd say these riots will be handled pretty much the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

and it is exactly the same way the Metropolitan and West Midlands police handled the riots last year.

Seeing as the chief constable of the PSNI cut his teeth at the Met and then the WM Police, I'd say these riots will be handled pretty much the same way.
    Dont think the police in England would let super brit types wrapped in union jacks block roads in London Liverpool or any other city or town in England

I see, it's on a gable wall so it must be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

The key word is WAS , not as another poster claimed IS.
    I was reponding to a gross misrepresentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's like Groundhog Day here in all the Republican/Loyalist/Northern Ireland threads. Address the points made, if a poster doesn't make a point and just posts tripe, don't feel like you have to respond, makes for a far more informative thread.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

I see, it's on a gable wall so it must be true

But what if British government reports say it;

http://sluggerotoole.com/2012/12/12/de-silva-report-reveals-that-85-of-uda-intelligence-sourced-in-state-material/

Also consider;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Reaction_Force

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252237/The-murder-mayhem-squad-Shocking-new-revelations-undercover-soldier-carried-shoot-ask-questions-later-attacks-IRA-terrorists-British-Army.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Our wee country or our wee colony?

Anyway to the OP "Republican" rioters have also had the softly, softly approach.

Remember that the biggest victims of this current this mess have been the Alliance which is mostly Scotch Irish. They have been forced to leave Northern Ireland and received very serious death threats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Both myself and my teenage daughter (13 years old) are cinstantly harassed by protestant teens, the PSNI have done nothing about it for over a year not. I have made five complaints and supplied both video footage and photographs, I was told they could only see two faces clearly and unless I had names and address for the two faces they could do nothing. I was told this by a member of the PSNI that gave his name as Constable English!!!
    If thats not collusion then could someone please explain to me what it is?

Offy wrote: »
    Both myself and my teenage daughter (13 years old) are cinstantly harassed by protestant teens, the PSNI have done nothing about it for over a year not. I have made five complaints and supplied both video footage and photographs, I was told they could only see two faces clearly and unless I had names and address for the two faces they could do nothing. I was told this by a member of the PSNI that gave his name as Constable English!!!

There are two things going on in Northern Ireland- one is a fight between two tribes, and this is very real, but beyond this there is the British state and its wish to continue ruling this part Ireland (yes there are and were before partition major differences between northern and southern Ireland) and it is more than happy to use tribal antagonism to cement its rule.

There is a lie put forward infront of the world that the GFA sorted everything out. It didnt. But the facade has to be maintained and so innocent people on both sides have intimidation and violence ignored by the state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

There are two things going on in Northern Ireland- one is a fight between two tribes, and this is very real, but beyond this there is the British state and its wish to continue ruling this part Ireland (yes there are and were before partition major differences between northern and southern Ireland) and it is more than happy to use tribal antagonism to cement its rule.

There is a lie put forward infront of the world that the GFA sorted everything out. It didnt. But the facade has to be maintained and so innocent people on both sides have intimidation and violence ignored by the state.

I can only assume they realise that this kind of behaviour is the best recruitment for the IRA, they are not stupid people after all. So why do they want people supporting the IRA? I can only conclude that the British government and the PSNI want the IRA to exist and this confuses me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

This is funny, how do you know their religion? And I have complaned about kids hitting my cars with balls and people letting their dogs crap everywhere and they never sent in gunships, must be collusion also, but the constable was not named english so I am probably safe.

I can only assume they realise that this kind of behaviour is the best recruitment for the IRA, they are not stupid people after all. So why do they want people supporting the IRA? I can only conclude that the British government and the PSNI want the IRA to exist and this confuses me!

Yes I can, and the same behaviour on the other side is the best recruitment to this "Unionist Forum" and "Protestant United Voice". I presume that the British state want to keep both "tribes" fighting among themselves but to contain the problems.

To be frank with you after they got violence down to "managable levels" I think the British State allowed the Troubles to continue as it was a good training ground.

gallag wrote: »
    This is funny, how do you know their religion? And I have complaned about kids hitting my cars with balls and people letting their dogs crap everywhere and they never sent in gunships, must be collusion also, but the constable was not named english so I am probably safe.

People know people's religion in Northern Ireland. Thats just the way it is.

And tribal violence/intimidation hits another level of your being than normal vandalism/thuggery. If you had experienced it you would know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Yes I can, and the same behaviour on the other side is the best recruitment to this "Unionist Forum" and "Protestant United Voice". I presume that the British state want to keep both "tribes" fighting among themselves but to contain the problems.

To be frank with you after they got violence down to "managable levels" I think the British State allowed the Troubles to continue as it was a good training ground.
    So it was not terrorists bombing/shooting to force their agenda it was actually the british gov working like a puppet master keeping a reason to spend massive amounts on security and training in n.i. would be cheeper to keep sending troops to Kenya, canada etc for training.

Advertisement