Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

musical.x wrote: »
    Choose me doesn't stain my nails at all

Lucky thing ... mine were absolutely destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

This is some nail art I had on last week:

Snoopy+woodstock+nail+art+2.JPG

I really liked it! I wish I was able to keep it on a bit longer though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These are the things that give me inspiration to try nail art!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

This is some nail art I had on last week:

I really liked it! I wish I was able to keep it on a bit longer though :(

How did you do these things? Do you just paint them on with brushes or use something else?
    I would love to try these but mine end up looking awful:(

How did you do these things? Do you just paint them on with brushes or use something else?
    I would love to try these but mine end up looking awful:(

I use normal paint brushes and acrylic paint :) It gets a bit easier after a while!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You are so talented musical.x!! Wish I could do nail art like that.

You are so talented musical.x!! Wish I could do nail art like that.

Thank you so much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

magztar wrote: »
    Pennys in hedaford road,galway

Was up there today, and they only head the marble mania stuff.

Does anyone know anywhere else in galway that might have the snow white polishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Was up there today, and they only head the marble mania stuff.

Does anyone know anywhere else in galway that might have the snow white polishes?

I got those snow white polishes in the headboard road penneys yesterday. The stands are at the tills. There's were 2 stands in there yesterday. The essence stand just had the marble mania stuff on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Angel8ie wrote: »
    I got those snow white polishes in the headboard road penneys yesterday. The stands are at the tills. There's were 2 stands in there yesterday. The essence stand just had the marble mania stuff on it
    Thanks so much! I didn't realise they were right *at* the tills. Was in lidl so, popped back up and got some :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Thanks so much! I didn't realise they were right *at* the tills. Was in lidl so, popped back up and got some :-)

Good stuff :) did you get many? I just got 3. Two toppers and a polish. They're so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

my top/base coat has gone missing and I need it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Choose me doesn't stain my nails at all

I used Choose me this week and it didn't stain my nails either. I find that none of the Essence polishes do!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mah burfday nails:

09ee9482c78711e1aee522000a1e8a5f_7.jpg

I was going to paint them all green first, but I found the colour a bit watery and in need of two coats (it's Catrice Limited Edition Revoltaire in Innocent Toxin) so then I decided to throw the burnt orange on the other nails. It only needed one coat and was nice and thick (it's Catrice Rusty but Sexy). I was also contemplating doing some nail art on the green nails, but decided for now to leave them as is, cos if I'd made a mistake I'd have flipped and the whole lot would have had to come off and be redone, and they take long enough as is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

lizt wrote: »
    I used Choose me this week and it didn't stain my nails either. I find that none of the Essence polishes do!

Choose Me doesn't stain mine, but Lets Get Lost stains like a mofu :eek: Sorry!

Choose Me doesn't stain mine, but Lets Get Lost stains like a mofu :eek: Sorry!

Don't have that one.... yet :P I suppose it depends on the pigments they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I am wearing china glaze in towel boy toy. Taken with flash. I love this it's cookie monster blue :)

a9f05ba6.jpg

Currently wearing Misty Jade by Rimmel

6027181715_d286b0fae1.jpg

Pic source

Love the colour but really not impressed with the polish itself. The first coat is really opaque and streaky, you need at least three coats to get a decent colour out of it and even then it still looks slightly streaky. Thinking of buying Barry M's mint green because it's a similar colour but I might have better results with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I bought a couple of Rimmel polishes when they were on offer and honestly I found them crap. Wouldn't bother purchasing again.

On the topic of staining, Essie Going Incognito stains my nails something awful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Charlee Flaky Stipend

Wearing this today, Barry M "Pure Turquoise" - this is the closest picture I can get to the actual colour:

BarryMTurquoise2.JPG

A couple of girls asked me if it was Shellac, it's so glossy!

Picture from HERE

No sign of the Snow White stuff in Longford. I'm mad after Dopey, Grumpy, Prince Charming & the nail file. Betcha we won't get them at all :( If anyone sees them in Mullingar will ye let me know? Thank you! x

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I bought a couple of Rimmel polishes when they were on offer and honestly I found them crap. Wouldn't bother purchasing again.

On the topic of staining, Essie Going Incognito stains my nails something awful!

Yeah, I have 3 and I don't think I would repurchase. I just find it takes ages to build up colour and they streak so easily. Shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

lizt wrote: »
    Currently wearing Misty Jade by Rimmel

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6061/6027181715_d286b0fae1.jpg

Pic source

Love the colour but really not impressed with the polish itself. The first coat is really opaque and streaky, you need at least three coats to get a decent colour out of it and even then it still looks slightly streaky. Thinking of buying Barry M's mint green because it's a similar colour but I might have better results with it.
    I bought that, paid nearly €6 for it and ended up selling it on eBay for less than €2, awful, awful polish.
    Twee. wrote: »

I agree 100%, Rimmel are useless, I have one other Rimmel polish, 'cranberry zest' it is called, I rarely ever use it cos it takes so long to get it even half right.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to take it off because it didn't dry properly.

I just walk by the Rimmel stand now, would much rather spend the money on another brand and get decent polishes.

I have Essie Going Incognito and haven't found it stains my nails. I have Essence Choose Me and it hasn't stained my nails, I also had Essence Lets Get Lost and it didn't stain my nails either.

If I'm unsure about a polish staining, I'll try it on one finger first and if it stains that finger, I don't use it on the others lol. :D

Lemon juice and sugar is meant to to be great for getting polish stains off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I love Rimmel Misty Jade. As in it's my favourite nail varnish EVER. I looked for it in Boots tonight but couldn't find it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I love Misty Jade too but wouldnt be a fan of rimmel in general though. The worst polishes I've used are the no. 7 ones and the mini max factors I didn;t like them at all. I got a no. 7 practically free with a voucher and I had to throw it out as it wouldnt dry, stained everywhere and ended up as a sticky mess yuck

I went to three chemosts today in search of essence snow white - one just had a load of perfumes (yuck not my thing), one still had the marble mania stuff which is a collection I didnt like and one had the fruity stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ Charlee Flaky Stipend

I don't like Rimmel polish at all. There was a big stand in Penneys in Longford today with all Rimmel and Rimmel Pro polishes down to 3.95 but I'd rather buy two Essence polishes for that.

No bloody Snow White here! Penneys had the Marble Mania, Ward's had the Fruity collection (but also a new cosmetics brand, Flormar? Has anyone heard of it? Looked nice). Also, there are a load of new Catrice polishes coming - some stunning looking ones (George Blueney, No Snow Petrol, How I Matt Your Mother) so the ones that are being discontinued are half price at the moment (Browno Mars, Lost in Mud, ASHley, It's Rambo No. 5, Absolutely Chinchilly) - Although I got Captain Sparrow's Boat for half price today.

Some GOSH were half price and I'm kicking myself for not picking Blue Monday up. I did get some of the Essence fruity polishes, a couple of topcoats for a friend on twitter, and a back-up of Essence Choose Me since I discovered it's not only a Zoya Charla dupe, but an Orly Halley's Comet dupe as well :D

zoyaessenceorly.jpg

Resized version of a picture from HERE: http://imfeelingnail-venturous.blogspot.ie/2011/09/comparison-zoya-charla-essence-choose.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

China Glaze - For Audrey and some no brand caviar style beads on my ring fingers. Wonder how long it will be before the temptation to pick the beads off becomes too much...

(Without and with flash)

7517944650_eaab80e808.jpg7517949148_34ecbe03de.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Lovely, where did you get the beads? I've been looking for some small enough to do caviare style with them (I used 100's&1000's one day :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Lovely, where did you get the beads? I've been looking for some small enough to do caviare style with them (I used 100's&1000's one day :o )

I got them on eBay. I can PM you the name of the seller if you like.

Some GOSH were half price and I'm kicking myself for not picking Blue Monday up.

GOSH half price!!! :eek: Blue monday is lovely! run back and get it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I painted my nails last night with Wet 'n Wild Carribbean Frost, it's a gorgeous colour and my crappy phone camera pictures don't do it justice. There's a picture with and without flash so you'll see how pretty it is. :o The golden glitter however isn't very pretty, it had gotten all thick and lumpy in the bottle so it's not perfect but oh well.

212096.jpg

212097.jpg

Advertisement