Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[MOTU] Your own inexplicable experiences

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Okay, recent one that is not really supernatural, but strange nonetheless. A few days before Christmas, I signed up to do this short story course online. You have to write a short story starting with the line, 'It was impossible for my father to...' So, I wrote,

'It was impossible for my father to sit down for more than five minutes. I don’t think he ever read a full book in his entire life. Once, I asked him to name out all the books he’d ever read, and all I got out of him was an autobiography of some jockey he liked..'

This isn't entirely true, but it was just a story. Anyway, on Christmas day, my dad opened a present my uncle got for him, and it was the autobiography of some famous jockey he likes! I thought it was weird anyway!!

My grandmother collapsed in our bathroom years ago, and she died in hospital soon after. She was a chain smoker, and my parents sometimes smelt cigarettes in the bathroom after that, which was crazy because neither of them smoke. My mum said she used to sense her following her down the hallway for a few months after she died.

That's it for now, but I've had loads of coincidental/strange things happen over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Had a weird experience once that I don't quite consider paranormal, so maybe this is the best forum to share it in.

I'm American, but I did some of my undergraduate studies in London. I lived in a uni flat with 5 roomies, boys and girls (2 to a room), and people from other flats would come up and hang out in our flat a lot because ours was the biggest.

So one day after class, a bunch of us are relaxing in the common room. I was reading a magazine & got caught up in this article about terrorism. The premise of the article was that the days of hijacking planes were in the past and for some reason this made me really upset. And even at the time, I didn't know why because I was only 20 and had never really thought about terrorism before. But I got mad and I told my flatmates about it and I said, "This is bullsh*t, you know? This is exactly why we won't see it coming. If the terrorists were smart, they'd hijack any domestic flight because you can just walk right on. And if they were really smart, they'd hit New York and D.C. at the same time."

I don't think I'd remember what I said verbatim had this conversation not happened on September 10, 2001. But it did and the next day was 9/11. And obviously we were all shocked when that happened, but remember, I said this in a room full of people. A few days later, I quietly brought it up with the roommate I was closest to, and said, "Hey, remember how I said..." And he replied, "Yeah and it's kind of be freaking me out, so let's not talk about it." And I never brought it up again.

I'm not saying I'm psychic because nothing on that level has ever happened since. It was probably just a really wicked coincidence. But weird, nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

doublejj wrote: »
    i have dreamed about certain places that i have never been too,and when i ask people who have been to these places i can describe them down to a tee....i also dreamt before that trees and bushs at the front of a friends house had been cut down,when i passed the house a week later they were gone,when i asked him when were they cut he only cut them two days before...weird

same thing happened to me. i dreamt about a hotel and years later i went to cyprus on holiday.
    straight away i just knew it was the hotel in the dream. i knew where things were and felt like id been there a good few times even though it was my first time on cyprus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Had a weird experience once that I don't quite consider paranormal, so maybe this is the best forum to share it in.

I'm American, but I did some of my undergraduate studies in London. I lived in a uni flat with 5 roomies, boys and girls (2 to a room), and people from other flats would come up and hang out in our flat a lot because ours was the biggest.

So one day after class, a bunch of us are relaxing in the common room. I was reading a magazine & got caught up in this article about terrorism. The premise of the article was that the days of hijacking planes were in the past and for some reason this made me really upset. And even at the time, I didn't know why because I was only 20 and had never really thought about terrorism before. But I got mad and I told my flatmates about it and I said, "This is bullsh*t, you know? This is exactly why we won't see it coming. If the terrorists were smart, they'd hijack any domestic flight because you can just walk right on. And if they were really smart, they'd hit New York and D.C. at the same time."

I don't think I'd remember what I said verbatim had this conversation not happened on September 10, 2001. But it did and the next day was 9/11. And obviously we were all shocked when that happened, but remember, I said this in a room full of people. A few days later, I quietly brought it up with the roommate I was closest to, and said, "Hey, remember how I said..." And he replied, "Yeah and it's kind of be freaking me out, so let's not talk about it." And I never brought it up again.

I'm not saying I'm psychic because nothing on that level has ever happened since. It was probably just a really wicked coincidence. But weird, nonetheless.

TERRORIST!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

Had a few dreams "come true" over the yrs but strangest/most disturbing was a couple of yrs ago.....I finished a night shift and fell into a coma when i got home.I woke with a start after dreaming I met my brothers friend, ' john' .His face was purple going blue and was having trouble breathing.He was mad to have a chat with me but I wouldn't stop.I told him to see a doctor and said good luck.

Fast forward few hours and I got a phone call from a mutual friend to tell me 'John' had passed away that morning from a massive heart attack,only 40 yrs old. Still not the better of it to this day when I think of him....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

caitmb wrote: »
    Fast forward few hours and I got a phone call from a mutual friend to tell me 'John' had passed away that morning from a massive heart attack,only 40 yrs old. Still not the better of it to this day when I think of him....

Can you explain it rationally.

Did he have health probs you might have been aware of ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

:(Sometimes you just "know"
    I remember being at a family reunion and going to greet one of my uncles and suddenly i could sort of see thru him. He just sort of went transparent. I had a hard time talking to him as I had to keep closing my eyes and looking away to make my vision come back. After a couple of minutes it did, but he was gone within the week. It's happened since and I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

auntyweeze wrote: »
    im not sure if this would be an experience or a dream.
    i am nearly positive i was awake when this happened the other night.
    i was in bed it was very early in the morining maybe 2 or 3am and i woke up and couldnt move i was trying to get my phone from my bedside locker to see the time but couldnt move at all not even my arms only my eyes it felt like something was sitting on my chest i looked up and all i could see was black shadows so in my mind i started to tell this black thing to go away and leave me alone but it honeslty felt like something was pinning me down after what felt like ages but was probably only a minute or two the weight lifted off my chest and i started coughing. it was like i was after holding my breath for ages. this has happened me once or twice before but years ago but it kinda freaked me out but i put it down to a dream but i could have sworn i was awake

Only read this post, and I have to say, i've experienced this many times. As I now know, this is commonly known as sleep paralysis. In Enniscorthy, we call it "The Hag" (don't know if anywhere else calls it the same, and not sure where the name comes from...) Funny thing is, it has only happened to members of my family while sleeping in a certain room in our old house...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

For most of my life so far, way back as long as I can remember, as I settle down to go to sleep and just on the point of drifting off, I'm often awakened by a 'golden flash' somewhere off my line of sight. Needless to say, there is nothing there to make such a flash, and never has been.

I'm not frightened by it and it does not panic me or make me worried, but it IS rather odd.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

tac

BTW - I also have premonitions like many with Irish blood - nothing important, just that I'll tell herself about it, and then it happens - usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

tac foley wrote: »
    For most of my life so far, way back as long as I can remember, as I settle down to go to sleep and just on the point of drifting off, I'm often awakened by a 'golden flash' somewhere off my line of sight. Needless to say, there is nothing there to make such a flash, and never has been.

I'm not frightened by it and it does not panic me or make me worried, but it IS rather odd.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

I get those a lot when I'm falling asleep. They're called phosphenes, and as far as I know are caused by nerves firing in the retina as the body relaxes (like the way muscles often twitch when you're falling asleep), or by mechanical stimulation of the retina (sometimes you might notice they co-incide with your pulse).

They're only to worry about if you see flashes during daytime, which can be a symptom of a detached retina!

Phosphene Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭bilston

tommy21 wrote: »
    Had a very lucid experience the other night (hoping its a nightmare but seemed so very real and so different I don't know) - woke up in the middle of the night and my deceased grandmother is sitting on the couch in my bedroom. She suffered from Parkinson's when she was alive and was exhibiting the same kind of hunched symptoms. So I get up and "walk" over to her, and ask her how she is. She shakes her head as if to indicate not well. I ask her is she in heaven, and she shakes no, then whispered "hell." Then her face began to melt away and I woke up (standing!) in my bed, shouting. Under a lot of stress at moment so presuming it was a nightmare, but very unsettling.

Well that's guarenteed me a nightmare tonight! I'm sleeping with the light on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

as a small child I had one sometimes two people stand at the door and look into my bedroom at night, they had no discernable faces as the only light was from the hall and in the darkness of the room they were just basically a shadow.
    It happened most nights and to me seemed a long time. I just assumed it was my parents checking on me.
    I mentioned it years later in conversation to them with regards to over protective and fretting parents, it turned out they hardly ever looked in on me and never came in together.

^^^^^ THIS! That always used to happen to me and my brother aswell! We used to call them "the shadows", or "Michael Jackson", cos one used to have what seemed like permed hair, like MJ in the video of Bad.

Other things used to happen around that age too, light switches would click, but the lights would stay on. We used to hear what sounded like the chairs scraping off the ground in the kitchen in the middle of the night. My Fathers friends's name would be just randomely called out, almost in a comical way! We also used to see this blur in the corner of our vision, we called him "the Karate kid", probably cos the film was out at the time. This blur was shaped like a child, sometimes black, sometimes white, and would always just disappear around a corner or out through a doorway just before you could make out what it was.

CDfm wrote: »
    Can you explain it rationally.

Did he have health probs you might have been aware of ?

Not health problems as such,nothing I was aware of....but still not outside the realm of possibilities I suppose. Even so,its still a big coincidence. Tried rationalising it big time myself but shure where would we be without a bit of the unexplained??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

CJC999 wrote: »
    I have had sleep paralysis several times, the first two or three times were terrifying, however the few times it happened afterwards i was aware that i was asleep and that i had nothing to worry about. The last time it happened i said to mself that all i had to do was go back to sleep and wake again, so i closed my eyes and opened them again and i was awake and able to move again. But it was still 'freaky'

My other inexplicable experience was when i used to live with my grandmother when i was at school (she lived on her own and so i stayed with her for company) Anyway she used to call me for school every morning at 8:20am. Her alarm would go off at 8:10 and she would get dressed and then come down the hall and knock on my door to get me up. I was generally awake and would wait till she knocked before i would get up. One morning, i was awake from about 8ish but lay there anyway waiting for her to come down the hall and knock on the door. By 8:25 there was no sign of her so i got up and got ready. I had breakfast and was figuring she slept it out and was going to head to school and leave her to sleep for another while but i decided i should let her know i was away as i was in after she went to bed the night before and i didnt want her worrying so i went and knocked on her door, no answer, so went in and she was lying in the bed with her eyes closed and looked like she was sleeping peacefully. I called her several times with no response. I knew something was wrong and went over to her and she was stone cold. My poor nana had died. Anyway the doc said she died in her sleep and would have had no pain and probably not even realised her heart had stopped. Once her remains were taken up to the front room for the wake, i went down to the room and had a look at her alarm clock which hadnt gone off. It was the old wind up bell type. The clock was wound and the alarm was set. So i moved on the hands to 8.05 o clock and waited and low and behold the alarm went off at 8:10 like normal yet it didnt go off that morning. Maybe there was a mechanical reason for that but i tend to believe it was more a spiritual thing...sorry for the long winded story.

That's a sad story. Something similar happened to me when I was about 13. One morning my mum said my nan had been taken to hospital. I was always a bit of a 'psychic' kid and I remember seeing her the previous Sunday and having a strange feeling I would never see her again.

That day she was taken to hospital she had a stroke and died. :(

That evening we all went up to stay with my grandfather and I noticed that the two clocks in the house had stopped... both of them at the same time, a little after 1pm, which is the moment she passed away. There was no explanation for it.

Later on that evening I was crying in one of the bedrooms on my own when I heard footsteps outside. The footseps sounded exactly like my nana when she walked as she had a bit of a shuffle. I ran to the window and there was no-one there or anyone near.

I told my mum the following day and she looked shocked and said both she and my sister had heard the same footsteps at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Deki wrote: »
    :(Sometimes you just "know"
    I remember being at a family reunion and going to greet one of my uncles and suddenly i could sort of see thru him. He just sort of went transparent. I had a hard time talking to him as I had to keep closing my eyes and looking away to make my vision come back. After a couple of minutes it did, but he was gone within the week. It's happened since and I don't like it.

I have never heard anything like this one before! Deki how many times has the happened to you? (will totally understand if you dont want to discuss)
    Has anyone else ever heard of this "transparency" before?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

I love this thread. Particularly love the lightheartedness and the willingness of posters to look at things rationally. Makes a nice change from the Paranormal thread where scepticism is tolerated rather than welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

squonk wrote: »
    I love this thread. Particularly love the lightheartedness and the willingness of posters to look at things rationally. Makes a nice change from the Paranormal thread where scepticism is tolerated rather than welcomed!

I think balance is required, and to be encouraged. So long as there is no abuse or insults from either side, and everyone behaves in a friendly manner then all's good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I have never heard anything like this one before! Deki how many times has the happened to you? (will totally understand if you dont want to discuss)
    Has anyone else ever heard of this "transparency" before?

Three times with people I knew. Sort of scares me when it happens. Don't like to experience it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭CajunPenguin

When I was 11 or 12 I went on holiday to Wexford and I was walking home (alone) down a little bohreen and I checked behind me as I always have done when walking on my own and about 500 metres down the road (it was quite straight) there was what looked like an old fella, big coat, cap and all, waking really slow with his head down. I thought nothing of it. But about twenty seconds later I checked again and he had come up behind me fast, but he was still going reeeeaaalllllyyy slow. A short while later I looked again and he was getting close. Eventually, I start walking really fast and each time I looked he was closer an closer. He would have had to sprint to get that close in that time, and there was gravel so I would have heard him. Eventually when he would have been coming right up to within about speaking distance I turned to say something and he was gone. On one side of the road was a high wall and on the other was a thick hedge. There were no side alleys. I know since I travelled that road every day. He would have had to overtake me and run about 50 mtrs or turned around and run 600 metres to escape.
    So weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ClickityClick

Some years ago I bought an antique ring, but every time I wore it, I was haunted by an old lady in black, and came to 'know' that the ring was given in love, but worn in hatred. 'Know' meaning that it became firm in my mind !!! The ring began to turn in on itself and dig into my finger. When I wore it very strange things happened, for instance one dark night, I had about three very narrow misses with other cars, enough so that my daughter who was in the back said "Mammy, I'm frightedned". Eventually I had a Mass said for the old woman, the ring stopped it's antics, and I returned it to the shop. Imagine my astonishment when the shopkeeper told me that this was the third time it had been returned, all because of "bad vibes"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

newmug wrote: »
    ^^^^^ THIS! That always used to happen to me and my brother aswell! We used to call them "the shadows", or "Michael Jackson", cos one used to have what seemed like permed hair, like MJ in the video of Bad.

Other things used to happen around that age too, light switches would click, but the lights would stay on. We used to hear what sounded like the chairs scraping off the ground in the kitchen in the middle of the night. My Fathers friends's name would be just randomely called out, almost in a comical way! We also used to see this blur in the corner of our vision, we called him "the Karate kid", probably cos the film was out at the time. This blur was shaped like a child, sometimes black, sometimes white, and would always just disappear around a corner or out through a doorway just before you could make out what it was.

This happened to me as a kid too, although to a greater extent. I just got used to it. Researching this kind of thing later in life, it seems that many people see this phenomenon and the figures are known as 'Shadow People'. Who knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭vixdname

When I was about 17 or 18 and still living at home with my parents I woke up in the middle of the night and there was someone in my room (had my own room, never shared it with anyone) I coudn't see anyone but could feel that someone was there (as in feel a presence not physically feel them). I wasn't in the least bit afraid though. I just felt really calm and as though I knew that whoever it was, was there to watch over me and mind me. I found old photos of my great grandad afterwards (who had died in 1936) and I don't know why, but I'm so sure that the person in my room was him. I keep one of those photos in my wallet now.
    It was a really comforting feeling and unfortunately only happened once, but I'd really love to experience it again, and know that someone somewhere is looking after me.

I was really interested to read the story above.
    I too have had two very similar experiences to this.
    I was extremely close to my grandparents on my dads side of the family as I practically grew up in their house.
    Both of them died a few years apart, my grand father first.
    Anyway, I still think of them most days and still miss them incredibly even after all of these years.
    I was asleep one night and in my "Dream" I found myself in my grandmothers kitchen again, my back was to where the sink used to be and I was facing the door way into the kitchen from the hall, there was a window facing me also to the left of the door.
    I could make out the all too familiar figure of my grandfather standing between the door way and the window, he always had a walking stick with him and it was definitely him, there was a brilliant light shining in through the window, my grandmother was also there, I couldnt see her at all but just felt her presence all around me.
    I was in every sense of the word "Awake" in my dream, as in I knew I was asleep but was conscious in my sleep and knew what was going on around me.
    I felt just pure and utterly loved by them, I asked my grandmother what heaven was like and were they happy, she said they were happy.
    I asked her if they were with me all of the time, and she replied that they were with me "Whenever I wanted them to be", which was a great answer.
    I dont remember any more of the episode but the feeling of love I got from them was indescribable and when I woke up, I was after being crying, tears on my face and the pillow wet !
    I think I was crying because I felt like I was just after saying goodbye to both of them again, but then I got a feeling of joy, in knowing that perhaps they are there whenever I want them, it was nice.

Second episode happened about 2 years ago, I was very down in the dumps and was really having a hard time in my personal life.
    I went to bed feeling absolutely drained, I was lying in my bed when I felt a hand rubbing up and down my back through my t-shirt, and I distinctly heard my nannys voice saying "Hes having a good rest now God love him, leave him have a sleep". When I felt the hand rubbing my back I thought it was my wife but when I heard the voice I knew who it was.
    I didnt wake and again just felt so looked after and being minded by nanny again, after all the years had passed.
    I told my wife the following morning what happened and she said that that wasnt the first time I had said something like this had happened to me when I was going through a tough time.

It feels like that when I'm really down or something in life is putting me under pressure, my grandmother more so, comes to help me out and kind of make me know that shes there still loving me and looking after me.
    I know it may be mad, but even writing this makes me feel sad as I miss them both still so much but do get some comfort in the two experiences I had.
    Hope the storys werent too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was having a stressful time last September with a nightmare work project, at a critical moment my laptop decided to stop working. Not knowing what the hell was wrong I banged away at it for hours charging it and restarting it to no avail. When I felt all was lost a random memory of my deceased Godmother popped into my head, as if on cue the laptop kicked back into life and become fully functional.

Now I'm not exactly tech savy and I'm sure there is multiple reasons for the laptop suddenly coming back to life but in my mind I think like to think she had something to do with it, we were very close and she died quite young in tragic circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

My mother had a vivid dream of an old neighbour crying all the time . Her cousin rang the next day and mam told her about it straight away . The cousin laughed saying funny u said that cause the reason I rang was because xxxx's brother died last night in England of a brain haemorrhage .
    Mam had not seen the guy in England in years but would meet the old neighbour from time to time in town .. Mam was a bit spooked by it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Missmiddleton

On Christmas day a few years ago my whole extended family was in my nanny's sitting room when we all heard a key in the front door and heard it open and shut. All the people who have keys to the house were in the sitting room at the time and a couple of people went out to see who it was but there was no one there.

On Christmas day a few years ago my whole extended family was in my nanny's sitting room when we all heard a key in the front door and heard it open and shut. All the people who have keys to the house were in the sitting room at the time and a couple of people went out to see who it was but there was no one there.

Spooky.....thought this happened me once.In bed one night,was woken by someone letting themself in ( I live alone,assumed it was a family member coming for an emergency sleepover ie they were kicked out by their own family!) but lo and behold there was no one there when I went out to see!! Put it down to a vivid dream but who knows.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I'd be one of the scared ****less by paranormal but at same time not actually believe(or so i tell myself) but I have two experiences which are crazy

1. Me and my sister playing with toys in our upstairs room about 15 years ago now I'd say, anyway out of nowhere we heard a voice calling our name from our parents bedroom in the most stereotypical ghost voice imaginable, we looked at each other in sheer shock, we walked in to the hallway looked in to the dark bedroom and I can't remember if it said anything else but we glanced in looked at each other and legged it downstairs.
    Our parents were in the house, and my dads a messer type but the voice was too lucid to be him from the sitting room downstairs. Logically it was him but ye you never know. I still look into that room, remember what I heard and expect to hear or see something, but nah nothing.

2. This is just absurd, again me and my sister had a tend set up in our parents room(the same room from the story before and we seen this white sheet walk by the tent, I **** you not, a white ****ing sheet!!! What kind of ghost was this? The sheet never ever ever ever came back around, we only left the tent when my dad came in to the room and well yeah the walking sheet was nowhere to be found.

Two very real experiences, I think I have explanation for the second story, but the first one is just creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I'd be one of the scared ****less by paranormal but at same time not actually believe(or so i tell myself) but I have two experiences which are crazy

1. Me and my sister playing with toys in our upstairs room about 15 years ago now I'd say, anyway out of nowhere we heard a voice calling our name from our parents bedroom in the most stereotypical ghost voice imaginable, we looked at each other in sheer shock, we walked in to the hallway looked in to the dark bedroom and I can't remember if it said anything else but we glanced in looked at each other and legged it downstairs.
    Our parents were in the house, and my dads a messer type but the voice was too lucid to be him from the sitting room downstairs. Logically it was him but ye you never know. I still look into that room, remember what I heard and expect to hear or see something, but nah nothing.

2. This is just absurd, again me and my sister had a tend set up in our parents room(the same room from the story before and we seen this white sheet walk by the tent, I **** you not, a white ****ing sheet!!! What kind of ghost was this? The sheet never ever ever ever came back around, we only left the tent when my dad came in to the room and well yeah the walking sheet was nowhere to be found.

Two very real experiences, I think I have explanation for the second story, but the first one is just creepy.

Your dad sounds like great craic! Are you sure he didn't engineer this sheet in some way. I haven't heard of any ghosts showing up as white sheets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Knowing him he prob walked around, then took the sheet off and crawled out of the room, thats what I think happened, but the first story wasn't him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MrFlabr

I have another one to add to the list of strange experiences that have occurred to me. So basically, earlier tonight I was walking home, departed from a friend at a roundabout and continued walking the half a kilometre or so journey to my house. About half way through my journey I looked back and acknowledged that a man, of medium build, bald, bright blue jacket was walking his small dog, which looked to be a Jack Russell with spots on its face were walking about a hundred metres behind me. I continued walking, and no more than 10 seconds after my initial look at the man, they had disappeared! The road was a straight path and I would have seen any diversion that this man took as it would have been in eyesight which leads me to believe that this was a strange occurrence!

Advertisement