Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating Eastern Europeans

• 19-07-2012 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi gents, I've been dating an eastern european lass for about 3 months now and was wondering if any others that are doing the same would like to share their experiences, I just want to know how others got on, did they last, cultural differences, did anyones initial joy of dating these good looking exotic girls give way to realsiation that we are from different worlds and have different ideas, did they change from what they were like initially etc.....

Mine is actually going well, but there is still an element of the unknown I suppose!!

Looking forward to your repsonses!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Moved from TGC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

OK, didnt know about this thread! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Not sure what your PI is or what you are looking for. You are dating a person not a 'nationality stereotype'.

Why don't you figure out for yourself if the girl you are dating is a good match for you without needing to get a bunch of generalisations and stereotypes from the internet.

For some reason your 'these good looking exotic girls' comment makes me feel quesy, almost like you are talking about a different species.

If I was your girlfriend I would not be impressed that you were canvassing opinions on dating people from Eastern Europe (you do know that is a big place with a lot of different countries right?).
    Most of this opinion will be pointless, some will be good, some will be bad just like any experience in any country. What conclusion are you going to draw.

You say things are going well, why not treat her as an individual and spend time getting to know HER, not piling up a bunch of pointless conjecture from people who are not you or her.

Just want general stories Daisybelle, harmless enough its a new experience for me dont bother responding if you dont like the question. I just want to talk about it as none of my friends are dating non Irish girls and never have in the past. It was directed at gents in the first line by the way, I presume you're female, but if you're a girl and would like to share your experiences we're all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Zoria

bmwguy wrote: »
    Hi gents, I've been dating an eastern european lass for about 3 months now and was wondering if any others that are doing the same would like to share their experiences, I just want to know how others got on, did they last, cultural differences, did anyones initial joy of dating these good looking exotic girls give way to realsiation that we are from different worlds and have different ideas, did they change from what they were like initially etc.....

Mine is actually going well, but there is still an element of the unknown I suppose!!

I'm not sure there is a personal issue here. The only two people that I know have had relationships with eastern european girls didn't really go all that well. But it feels unfair for me to say that, because I'm sure there are plenty of Irish guys in good and happy relationships with EE women.

My brother went out with a Polish girl for about a month, I had to tell him to run like hell because she wanted him to have a baby with her. In the other case the guy was actually married to a Polish girl, they had a little girl together. She then invited her mum to come stay temporarily to look after her little girl while she went back to work, it turned into a permanent thing where he had no say in the matter. I don't think they're getting on too well now, and hes worried she'll fly off to Poland taking their daughter with her. I feel like I'm giving just negative views here, but it's the only experiences I know of. Certainly near where I live the Polish tend to stick to their own, so from that aspect I've nothing positive to put forward, because I don't know any to speak of myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sorry OP PI is not for general discussion especially as you say all is going well.
    I am putting this back in tGC as I reckon it belongs here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

bmwguy wrote: »

I have dated a number of women from Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania and other Eastern European counties over the past few years and they are easier to approach and chat up, will readily go on a date and have such rosy, cheerful and happy personalities. They simply do not have the horrible hang ups many Irish women have.

In my experience many Irish women are laden with Catholic guilt and shame about looking sexy, being naked and uninhibited in the bedroom. Eastern European women are a breath of fresh air as the majority of them are leagues ahead of Irish women in terms of beauty, grace, smarts, manners, culture, culinary skills and sex. They are proper ladies in every way.

A lot of Irish girls I used to fancy at school and college before the early 2000s when all these new countries joined the EU, I quite frankly have lost interest in. They just do not nearly have the same combination of style, class, personality and understanding as foreign women. Lots of my friends feel the same. Irish women are not nearly as good looking but are much more demanding, insecure, needy and controlling. There is no pleasing them.

I was feeling down one wet winter day a few years ago and I went for a cup of tea in a cafe in Dublin and the waitress was a Pole - blonde, blue eyes and heart stopping beautiful. Most Irish waitresses would just grunt at you and plonk your order on the table and probably spill it. She was really really polite and just had this lovely smile. So anyway I just got talking to her and she just filled me with a warm glow and we agreed to meet up after work. An Irish girl would find that "creepy" or "weird." And we hit it off. But she wasn't looking for marriage or anything the way Irish women seem to do a lot of the time. She just wanted a bit of fun. It was no big deal whereas with an Irish girl is always is.

Polish guys are salt of the earth. They work hard, they have a great attitude to life and they are great crack. I can't fault any of them at all. Wonderful people and wonderful people to be around. A lot of them very highly educated and their standard of education seems much better than here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Chimpokomon

snafuk35 wrote: »
    In my experience many Irish women are laden with Catholic guilt and shame about looking sexy, being naked and uninhibited in the bedroom. Eastern European women are a breath of fresh air as the majority of them are leagues ahead of Irish women in terms of beauty, grace, smarts, manners, culture, culinary skills and sex. They are proper ladies in every way.

A lot of Irish girls I used to fancy at school and college before the early 2000s and all these new countries joined the EU, I quite frankly have lost interest in. They just do not nearly have the same combination of style, class, personality and understanding as foreign women. Lots of my friends feel the same. Irish women are not nearly as good looking but are much more demanding, insecure, needy and controlling. There is no pleasing them.

In my experience this applies to Dublin women moreso than Irish women. Girls from down the country are way more laid back and much nicer than the usual princess type you'd meet in a club in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Hi OP. Well firstly, Poland Latvia and Czech Rep etc. are all Central European countries. So I am not sure what country you are talking about. And in my direct experience people from these countries are quite offended when they are referred to as 'Eastern European' :confused:

Also each of the Eastern countries have very different cultures, so I would suggest that you need to come back with which country it is, and if there is a specific religious or other character to their background. That would enable someone to opine on your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

...Most Irish waitresses would just grunt at you and plonk your order on the table and probably spill it...

Wont quote your whole post as it's so big. Full of ridiculous generalisations. I actually had to laugh at the quoted sentence, so ridiculously over the top in it's effort to put Irish women in a bad light!

OP I had what you would refer to as an "Eastern European" girlfriend. She was horribly controlling, manipulative, and had serious trust issues. That information however is irrelevant unless it is in fact the same girl that you are dating.

• Advertisement

In my experience this applies to Dublin women moreso than Irish women. Girls from down the country are way more laid back and much nicer than the usual princess type you'd meet in a club in Dublin.

But in my experience the "princess" types have nothing to justify their "princess" attitude. A lot of them have awful fake tan, they wear black leggings under their short skirts, they have these awful hand bags, they wear too much make up and they pretend to be all sophisticated and open minded but are really prudish at the back of it all. If you go up and say hi they assume you want to get the leg over and they get all hostile.

Eastern European women just have it all together because they can handle men rather than get intimidated and they can set the boundaries without getting ratty. The conversation is just easy and relaxed. They are used to guys hitting on them because that's the culture in their home countries. In Ireland I find guys and girls are very poor at hooking up - they have to get drunk - whereas they can handled their booze in Eastern Europe and enjoy themselves. Sex isn't shameful either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

In my experience many Irish women are laden with Catholic guilt and shame

Many Central Europeans are a lot more serious about their Catholicism than the Irish, but don't let that get in the way of your ridiculous generalisations.

Hi Piliger, it wasnt actually me that quoted all the european countries, this is my first experience of any relationship with a foreigner.

The girl in question is Russian. I also didnt want anyone to generalise about either Irish or any other nationality, just looking for peoples real life experiences. I'm not going to make any decisions based on what people say, I know this girl is very kind and honest.

I've had enough warnings from friends and family, just because she left a poor area of a country she is automatically after my money. It annoys me when people talk like that. She works here, earns quite good money and pays her own way. Doesnt mean I dont treat her well and spend money on her though, I do but only because I want to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I have dated a number of women from Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Russia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania and other Eastern European counties

Good evening, Mr. Bond!

The rest of that post was a deluge of clichés and generalisations that made me lol, and I'm calling shenanigans on the lot of it. Thank you kindly!

Dolbert wrote: »
    Many Central Europeans are a lot more serious about their Catholicism than the Irish, but don't let that get in the way of your ridiculous generalisations.

Why are you getting all ratty? Relax the kacks!
    I was just talking about my personal experience with Eastern European women. It's probably different for other men.
    Yeah lots of them are very holy and what have you but sex isn't dirty or wrong the way lot of Irish women I know seem to carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anddd that's enough of the lazy generalisations for one thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement