Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro clebs.

• 25-05-2014 9:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Any clebs from the past who were briefly famous before being forgotten about?Aussie comic actor Yahoo Serious would be one example,I remember him on Kenny Live in the late 80s promoting his movie Young Einstein which was pretty successfull but after that you only heard of him sporadicly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Kevo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Theresa Lowe!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

What's a 'cleb'? Is it a thing from the olden days?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

FearDark wrote: »
    Theresa Lowe!

Where in the World did she go?

oh, there she is:
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/theresa-lowe/30/4b3/7bb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Bibi Baskin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Simon Young, used to watch him on the Den and listen on radio until he disappeared. Very sad story. :/

Mary Fitzgerald (Make and Do "here's one we made earlier".) doing well enough these days, http://www.maryfitzgeraldpr.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

endacl wrote: »
    What's a 'cleb'? Is it a thing from the olden days?

A sort of weapon, like a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A sort of weapon, like a club?

Aha! Right. Like Tufty. Remember him? He had a club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Aidan Walsh.He used to make the occasional appearance on that RTE music quiz in the 80s (can't think of the name of it just now) and he was the subject of a documentary about ten years ago.I think hes just one of these eccentric characters whos famous for being a bit mad and not able to sing or play a sort of Irish answer to Screaming Lord Sutch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

darkdubh wrote: »
    Aidan Walsh.He used to make the occasional appearance on that RTE music quiz in the 80s (can't think of the name of it just now) and he was the subject of a documentary about ten years ago.I think hes just one of these eccentric characters whos famous for being a bit mad and not able to sing or play a sort of Irish answer to Screaming Lord Sutch.
    Sure Aidan's still around today, an awful lot of the 70's Dublin punk band scene would have been forgotten but for Aidan's self made video archives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Smiley Bolger, he used to be a regular on the Beat Box with Simon Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Smiley Bolger, he used to be a regular on the Beat Box with Simon Young.

I bumped into Smiley Bolger last weekend in the airport, hasn't changed a bit. He used to be a regular around the gig scene in Dublin, often used to see him in Slatterys on Capel St.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Where in the World did she go?

oh, there she is:
    http://ie.linkedin.com/pub/theresa-lowe/30/4b3/7bb

Off topic but she still looks hot!

• Electric Eddie
    Pajo
    Brendan Kilkenny
    Mickey Joe Harte
    The pair that hosted "head to toe"
    Geri Maye
    Mary Kingston
    Final Dineen
    Most of the Jo Maxi hosts

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Conor McAnally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Damien McCaul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Simon Young, used to watch him on the Den and listen on radio until he disappeared. Very sad story. :/

Mary Fitzgerald (Make and Do "here's one we made earlier".) doing well enough these days, http://www.maryfitzgeraldpr.ie/

I remember Simon Young - he had a fantastic radio voice, Hard knocks though after.

Now, when I saw the pic of Mary Futz....all I could think of was fairly liquid bottles, loo rolls and papier mache! (The latter mashed into the carpet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Maurice Pratt.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Maurice Pratt.

Was he with Quinnsworth? Loads of my cousins friends (bit older than me), fancied him

Was he with Quinnsworth? Loads of my cousins friends (bit older than me), fancied him

Yes Mr Yellow Pack himself.

Them were the days when a Yellow Pack convenience meal followed up by Angel Delight was gourmet eatin'.

Also, wtf was a Barcode Battler?

• Advertisement

Them were the days when a Yellow Pack convenience meal followed up by Angel Delight was gourmet eatin'.

Angel Delight? Luminous pink? as nutritious as easi-singles??? (scald the roof of your mouth when we made the 80s version of cheese on toast)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,687 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Yeah, that's the guy.

I think he's one of the head guys in Bulmers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Pat Ingoldsby on Pat's chat - is he still knocking around the GPO there?

I was on Pat's pals with 3 kids from my school, I sang a solo (school choir at the time) - I contacted them recently to get the tape but they don't archive all shows :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Kxa9MT84o

Is this the Quinnsworth Maurice Pratt?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Kxa9MT84o

Is this the Quinnsworth Maurice Pratt?

Jaysus thats him allright,hes aged so much I didn't recognise him at first.But as soon as he started doing that distinctive nodding of his head when he talks I knew it was him.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Heres Maurice in his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Pat Ingoldsby on Pat's chat - is he still knocking around the GPO there?

I was on Pat's pals with 3 kids from my school, I sang a solo (school choir at the time) - I contacted them recently to get the tape but they don't archive all shows :(

Pat can be found most days selling his books outside College Green, opposite Trinity. Hasn't really changed in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Barcode Battler was an old handheld computer game. Crap LCD games that you could apparently get loads of things by using it to scan barcodes. Was absolute tripe :pac:

I had a Batman one after they started using licenses. Came with about 80 cards. Never knew what any of them did :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

In the late 80s I was on work experience from college in a place that would have hosted fairly big corporate jollies & my mentor would have had dealings with Maurice. He said he was a nice man but had the most irritating "fridge door smile".

Advertisement