Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers this guy.....

• 29-05-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

....Hamilton The Musical Elephant!!

Brings back memories of being very young, watching good auld Telefís Eireann in the dark evenings! I loved Hamilton :) In fact when I'm a grown up I'm going to have a pet heffalump and I'm going to call him Hamilton, so there! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The links not working but no matter heres good old Hamilton.There were only two cartoons of it if I remember correctly.It was one of those old reliables that RTE constantly showed as a filler between programmes.Just while I'm on does anyone remember another cartoon they always showed as well which might have been Halas & Batchelor?It was to do with opera and had one scene where a waiter was singing and he had a pigs head on a platter which joined in singing with him.

Edit:I already threw up a thread about it a couple of years ago but I'm still none the wiser.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056326841

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I remember Jonnie Dankworth who provided the music - he was married to Cleo Laine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

On the subject of the opera cartoon it was divided up into different mini sketches with a different character singing down through the years,one was called "Uncle Gus New York 1950".Another one had a very buxom fat woman singing on stage and when she was out of breath a little man would come out from under her skirt and start pumping air into her at which point her chest would puff out and she'd start singing again.I'd love to know what the hell it was called or if anyone else remembers it as its been bugging me for years.

Edit:I just remembered another bit.A very thin woman singing and her voice is so high that she keeps breaking a glass which is sitting on a table.Everytime the glass would break this fella like a butler would bring on a new glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oddly enough, cartoons like the Smurfs had a lot of classical music in them, and a few of the Warner Bros ones had skits of the better known operas.

You'd be struggling to find decent music (with real instruments) in kids shows now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Jack Skellington

I thought I knew who you meant but I was actually thinking of Babar, anyone remember that show?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

What about those classics of Communist Poland TV Rolek and Bolek?

Advertisement