Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to stay in Portugal -Lagos or something else

• 31-12-2013 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi, We are planing to go in April /may to Portugal-my wife and 15 months old baby. Im looking quiet place to stay in walking distance to town and beach. Any recommendation i thought about Lagos or Alvor.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

devil-80 wrote: »
    Hi, We are planing to go in April /may to Portugal-my wife and 15 months old baby. Im looking quiet place to stay in walking distance to town and beach. Any recommendation i thought about Lagos.

Cascais is lovely, only 40 min on train from Lisbon. Can't remember what the taxi cost from the airport, but I think it's about 20-30 mins. Lagos is a lot busier, more spread out, and much further away from the airport too. Not sure what the weather is like then.

Hi, We are planing to go in April /may to Portugal-my wife and 15 months old baby. Im looking quiet place to stay in walking distance to town and beach. Any recommendation i thought about Lagos.

Cascais is lovely, only 40 min on train from Lisbon. Can't remember what the taxi cost from the airport, but I think it's about 20-30 mins. Lagos is a lot busier, more spread out, and much further away from the airport too. Not sure what the weather is like then.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Would reccomend Alvor,was there in August and very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

@ SQ2 Cascais form Faro Airport 20-30min?? hmm i think we have a wrong map its about 3 hours and to Lagos only hour . We going to rent a car anyway but not going to travel so far. Lagos in April-May i think its still not too busy not the holidays time yet :-)

@ shrek008 can you recommend any accommodation?

@ SQ2 Cascais form Faro Airport 20-30min?? hmm i think we have a wrong map its about 3 hours and to Lagos only hour . We going to rent a car anyway but not going to travel so far. Lagos in April-May i think its still not too busy not the holidays time yet :-)

@ shrek008 can you recommend any accommodation?

Lisbon Airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭fm

carvoeiro is nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Lagos is a very nice spot. Really laid back feel to the town, real surfer vibe to the place, surrounded by beautiful beaches. Tons of lovely and reasonably priced restaurants around. About a 1 hour drive from the airport. If renting a car isn't essential, look at booking a car in advance as opposed to taxiing it, you'll save a lot!

I've stayed in the aqualuz apartment / hotel. Think I went there in June it wasn't too expensive, so probably cheaper again in may, handy 10 min walk into the town centre. Nice and clean, great pool. I've also stayed at the hotel at praia dona ana (carvi beach). Its a kip, avoid it! Though there is an apartment complex nearby called dona ana garden. A friend stayed there with his girlfriend and 1 year old when we were there last year and its a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cascais is 20-30 minutes from Lisbon airport and I can confirm that it is very nice; I'm there at the moment. Much more laid back than bucket/spade type holidays and lots to do if you don't want to lie by a pool or play golf.

Advertisement