Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PZ81 HOTEL SD Card Request

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Has anyone tried the SatEdit software for the TH42PZ81 to manually add the Saorview channels?

I've now lost mine since the Mount Leinster retune to channel 23

I think I'll give it a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Has anyone tried the SatEdit software for the TH42PZ81 to manually add the Saorview channels?

I've now lost mine since the Mount Leinster retune to channel 23

I think I'll give it a go!

Doesn't work from what I can see. Setedit understands the svl_file data, but doesnt seem to let you save the changes (having changed the provider and PID). This is using the 20/10/2012 version which seems to be the latest.

Try it yourself

Well I tried the version from the web site, and opening the SVL file (using the 'all files' option) there is mainly gibberish in the list, some odd strings are recognisable.

I sent the hotel file to Wolfgang who wrote the program, and he sent a modified version for me to test, and it seems to work!

I haven't had much time to experiment on the family TV due to work, and people actually wanting to watch the thing, but I did manage to change the transponder frequency to 490 MHz from 666.000 and the set now will show RTE on the DVB setting!

However it messed up the Freesat channels somewhat, so I will have do a factory reset and stop the scan before the Freesat list is built, as noted elsewhere in this forum.

If anyone has the complete network Id details etc for all the current channels, I would appreciate it if they could post them up. Also if anyone has experience editing the actual channel numbers (800 etc) in Panasonic Setedit I would be interested in hearing how they did it

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

You could sacrifice the first 8 radio channels, move them from the radio column to the tv column in setedit and change name and service id.
    The idea is to do a factory reset, skip the freesat scan and let only create the dvb list with the radio channels. After that you could do the channel move in the svl_file.
    The tv service id's go from 1101 to 1108.
    After rewrite of the hotel files to the tv you could do the freesat scan.

I'm not sure what the significance is of sacrificing the first 8 radio channels, perhaps you could elaborate?

I tried the channel move and it didn't seem to make any difference as regards the 800 - 815 numbers, even deleting that transponder (as it calls the mux) didn't work.

I couldn't see any way of editing the network ID number, this may be the key

I do plan to do the factory reset, skip Freesat scan etc. ultimately , but just want to get the Saorview bit sorted first, as I cant do this during the day / evening while TV is in use I have to experiment first thing in the morning before work!

It will be nice to be able to go back to a single remote again! Up until now the G10's were editable in the panasonic Setedit, but it seems not the earlier TH4xPZ81B series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

I'm not sure what the significance is of sacrificing the first 8 radio channels, perhaps you could elaborate?

If you change the radio channels from a fresh dvb scan the network id is right, the frequency is right, the radio channels are starting from 800 and the changed channels are keeping the channel numbers.

Maxg

I tried the setedit for the Pani LZD/PZ81. In my experience it does not let you export the data back anyhow.

The Correct PIDs for Andy if he wants to try it is

RTE1 V1101 A1201 P8190
    RTE2HD V1102 A1202 P8190
    TV3 V1103 A1203 P8190
    Tg4 V1104 A1204 P8190
    RTE News Now V1105 A1205 P8190
    3e V1106 A1206 P8190
    RTE+1 A1108 V1208 P8190

In version 1.11 you can change the Service Type from Radio to AVCHD TV. I would think this is key.

The Network provider's name is prepopulated as RTENL. It only looks for the Channel ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 G10B

I sent the hotel file to Wolfgang who wrote the program, and he sent a modified version for me to test, and it seems to work!

That is great news for LZD81 owners.

I am interested to know if the LZD81 has issues with audio similar to issue on G10B? (see below for description of issue) I was considering making contact with the setedit developer to know if it would be possible to have a field added to the "Change channel data" popup to allow the APID to be manually set. On the current popup there is only a field for Channel id (where the V column of numbers provided by STB can be entered). If this issue occurs on the LZD81 as well would you consider making that request in your correspondance?

The audio issue is that when any DVB-T channel is selected the tv defaults to the audio description channel which carries no audio, except for RTE news now which does not have one. For the rest of the RTE channels the audio switches back to the correct audio channel after a second or two. The audio on TG4/TV3/3e does not switch back ever. Therefore the correct audio channel must be seleted from the menu each time one of those 3 channels is selected.
    I will have do a factory reset and stop the scan before the Freesat list is built

Are you sure you need to do a factory reset? On G10B it is possible to delete freesat channels without a factory reset. While in freesat mode, press menu button. Then choose freesat tuning option. Then auto setup. All freesat channels are deleted before a new scan starts. Cancel the rescan after all channels are deleted.

Re: factory reset: , G10B, you could be right, mightnt be strictly necessary, I will try without first'.

STB; regarding PID, In setedit, the parameters you can see are

Provider, looking at an old hotel file there were
    RTÉNL , network ID for this was 12801, and
    RTE, network ID for this was 8564. This seems to be the current network ID for both the MUX1 and the new test services on 514MHz which have recently appeared from Mt Leinster (MUX 1 is now on 490MHZ, previous to ASO it was on 666MHZ)

The channel ID in setedit is 1101 for RTE 1, 1102 for RTE 2, etc , as in the 'V'numbers of G10B's PID list above.
    Also showing is the TSID which is 1001 for all services.

SO G10, I don't see anywhere in setedit to put the Audio PID, only the video/channel ID.

I will have a go at editing the file in setedit and post how I get on later

Well it only sort of works. Sometimes. If you add a new channel it seems to only save sometimes, the colour of the channel seems significant. More experimenting required. It might eventually provide a new lease of life for the DVB button on the remote!

• Advertisement

Well it only sort of works. Sometimes. If you add a new channel it seems to only save sometimes, the colour of the channel seems significant. More experimenting required. It might eventually provide a new lease of life for the DVB button on the remote!

I would try the following:-
    Remove all freesat channels from TV or do factory reset.
    Scan DVB-T, The tv should find & store the 10 radio stations.
    Write these setting to SD card.
    Open file in setedit.
    Modify the radio station settings to convert them to TV stations.
    (change name, service type & CHid fields for each Channel)
    Save file & load onto TV.
    If this is successful & TV stations are available, re-scan DVB-T for missing radio stations (It should not delete the TV channels but keep them & append the radio stations)
    If that does work... save new settings to the SD card. (this file can be used as starting point for any future changes in setedit)
    Now rescan TV for freesat channels.

open?id=0BwQdnuWJcurkSHZrNnBCOWNVUVU

I havent had time to try exactly what you suggest, but I did something close yesterday:
    This was originally a scan which had radio only on Mux 1 (490 MHz,) radio trial service (seirbhis Thrialachon) on

Mux 2, 514 MHz. Al satellite channels were deleted

By clicking in the TV channels box, 3 extra TV channels were added to Mux 2.
    RTE radio 1 was copied from the radio channels side and pasted into theTV side, and using 'change data'it was

edited to RTE 1 TV.
    the second channel was added with 'add channel'

The file was saved as an SVL onto the SD card.

When it is loaded into the TV, the only TV channel that can now be seen is 'Mux2 T3', appearing on channel 810

channels 800 -809 are RTE radio. then 814 to 820 are the trial radio service from Mux 2 manually inputting any

other number gives 'invalid DVB channel' Message

Interestingly, if 'Other Sat services' is selected, the following channels are listed (no sound or video, but there

is programme information, however)

1 =RTE1 radio
    2 = RTE 2FM radio
    3 = RTE Lyric FM
    4 = RTE Raidio Na Gaeltachta
    5 = RTE radio 1 extra
    6 = RTE Pulse
    7 = RTE 2XM
    8 = RTE Choice
    9 = RTE Gold
    10 = RTE Chill/ Junior
    11 = RTE 1 TV
    12 = RTE 2 TV
    13 = SSU

14 etc are invalid other sat channel

Some more screen shots

DVB-T
    open?id=0BwQdnuWJcurkUWl0RDN1UUFSMkk
    Mux I
    open?id=0BwQdnuWJcurkalJ2ZkhEblZsY1E
    Mux II
    open?id=0BwQdnuWJcurkYzVaWUN5QV9uTzg

Andy

My understanding of how it works is to erase all dvb channels on the PZ81. Rescan. It will only pick up the radio channels in the scan, but it is important that it at least does that as it will have the correct network ID for RTENL(as maxg pointed out). Now export this fresh channel list to a hotel file producing the fresh SVL. Then...

• Click on the (under transponders) the 490 DVB-T frequency. This calls all the channels on that frequency.
    • Drag the radio channels across.
    • Edit them to the exact names of the channels and change the channel IDs (using the VPIDs listed earlier).
    • Change the service type for each channel to AVCHD TV.
    • Export it back.

You can also change the channel numbering by right clicking on the channel and choosing Move to.

232912.jpg

The key is as STB says start editing the file in set edit with radio stations data at least. Either AVCHD or TV works fine on G10B as service type for TV Channels. I was able to append TV stations without needing to modify an existing radio station. As I was starting with 5 TV stations already scanned (as they had been scanned before RTE flag changes) adding brand new TV channels might only be possible if a TV channel is saved in original scan.

Keep us posted on how you get on. I would like to know if there is any audio issues on TV3/TG4/3e if you do get TV channels tuned.

G10B wrote: »
    The key is as STB says start editing the file in set edit with radio stations data at least.

Well that didn't work at all, not even getting the remaining radio stations ( I only brought over 8 radio stations to the TV side).

When DVB is selected, there are no channels lited, adn manually inputting, say 800 results in an 'invalid DVB channel' Message.

I previously got the basic channels working by using a scan I did earlier, and editing the frequency, so I will play around this track to see if I can add the extra channels

I previously got the basic channels working by using a scan I did earlier, and editing the frequency, so I will play around this track to see if I can add the extra channels

If you want to upload that file here, I'd be happy to emulate the modifications that worked for me. The result may be the same as what you've got already.

G10B wrote: »
    If you want to upload that file here, I'd be happy to emulate the modifications that worked for me. The result may be the same as what you've got already.

I haven't had time to experiment,what with Christmas prep and all,
    here is the hotel file as copied direct from the V after a reset and cancelled before freesat scan (the sat channels are still listed, just that the set doesnt seem to display them in the freesat channel menu - I deleted them in Setedit , but I have left them in place in this zip file)

Note I am using V1.13, AFAIk the latest version on the site is V1.11 which doesn't seem to read the PZ81 series properly

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

Hi all, has anyone got a fix for the additional changes RTE are doing with RTE one HD or has anyone got the Setedit to work with the PZ81B?
    Thanks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Hi There,

I got a file for my P50 V10 from "G10B" that worked :
    See below

G10B kindly edited the file for me with the 3Rock channels

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87142171&postcount=420

I think that this process will only work with the G10B and V10B sets.
    I don't think this will work with the PZ81 Series ..

It might be worth PM'ing "G10B" or "STB" or "maxg" with the question ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

bob11 wrote: »
    Hi There,

I got a file for my P50 V10 from "G10B" that worked :
    See below

G10B kindly edited the file for me with the 3Rock channels

I think that this process will only work with the G10B and V10B sets.
    I don't think this will work with the PZ81 Series ..

It might be worth PM'ing "G10B" or "STB" or "maxg" with the question ..

Cheers,

Bob
    Thanks Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Down Exile

Hi

Would anyone have the hotel file for a Panasonic LZD81 for Three Rock or Kippure following MUX2 being added? I am worried that I will lose RTE1 once it is deleted from MUX1.

Also, is it worth buying the SetEdit software to allow me to change the frequency etc. for Saorview channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Down Exile wrote: »
    Hi

Would anyone have the hotel file for a Panasonic LZD81 for Three Rock or Kippure following MUX2 being added? I am worried that I will lose RTE1 once it is deleted from MUX1.

Also, is it worth buying the SetEdit software to allow me to change the frequency etc. for Saorview channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Down Exile

I downloaded that one earlier tonight but it didn't work, there were no Saorview channels present. The zip file contains a file called svl.db. My tv needs a file called svl_file, so I renamed the svl.db file and copied to the hotel_setup directory.

I will try to put the svl.db file in the hotel_directory without renaming it and see what happens. Maybe this file isn't for my model of tv?

Advertisement