Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deleting the UCC Societies Thread

• 21-02-2012 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Deleting the UCC Societies Thread was unjust and unfair. There was no allegations made and it was just posing the question was it just rumors or had Motley some grounds for their article. I know i'm new here but I believed that one could discuss such topics boards.ie whether controversial or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

agreed!!! this is a forum,, for discussion on topics that matter to UCC students! It shouldnt have been deleted

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

For the record I completely agree with the deletion of the thread, for the simple reason that it smacked of someone who just join and post to cause hassle, one post wonder is what that caused. The allegations seem to be unfounded, and boards is not the place for unfounded allegations to be discussed, be they controversial or not. When someone with no previous posts posts something like, I just found this, what do ye think, rather than giving an opinion of it, there are some alarm bells that go off, and rightly so, as most of the time it is someone causing trouble i.e. flaming which is against the rules. So you can see exactly why the thread was deleted when it was.

As well as that, instead of starting a thread like this you should have really PM'd the moderators of the thread rather than starting a thread like this, asking why it was closed, and you would have found out exactly why it was closed. I've reopen the thread, so I'm going to lock this thread as there is no need for it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement