Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxegen camping -v- not camping

• 08-06-2005 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I was lucky enough to get 2 day tickets at the last minute, but there not for camping - ill prob end up sleeping in my car.
    This is my 1st time at oxegen so what will i be missing out on by not being allowed access to the camping area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 *me*

I've known people who hang out in the carpark instead of the campsite and there's a good atmosphere depending on what your looking- if you plan on snoozing and happen to park beside the camper van with a generator and decks rigged up for an all night party you may not be so chuffed; but in true festival spirit I'm sure you could adapt and make the most of the fun. I guess there will be quiet spots in car park and also the not so quiet - there's usually a rumour that they won't allow tents in carpark but i don't see how they could actually stop you sleeping in your car! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

The carpark always seems to be lots of fun, all night raves etc. You'll have a great time, camping is better though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

I remember friends of mine going with 2 day tickets and paying at the gate to up it to camping, they just give ya a camping wristband and take your 2day ticket

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Mr Rivers wrote:
    I remember friends of mine going with 2 day tickets and paying at the gate to up it to camping, they just give ya a camping wristband and take your 2day ticket

Did that myself when it was Witness and I'd got hold of some free 2 day tickets. I found the camping a bit overcrowded though and a bit dead compared to other fetsivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

camping at witness two years ago might have been a bit dull outside of our little area but we had a mad ould time of it anyway keeping our neighbours awake with pounding tunes and surreal chanting. last year the dullness was a bit more infectious but we did our best. people seemed more interested in getting up fresh as daisies to watch gigs though for some reason. pussies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

BogOak wrote:
    camping at witness two years ago might have been a bit dull outside of our little area but we had a mad ould time of it anyway keeping our neighbours awake with pounding tunes and surreal chanting. last year the dullness was a bit more infectious but we did our best. people seemed more interested in getting up fresh as daisies to watch gigs though for some reason. pussies.

I was comparing it with Glastonbury though, which is not exactly fair on the camping scene at any other festival. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

robinph wrote:
    I was comparing it with Glastonbury though, which is not exactly fair on the camping scene at any other festival. :rolleyes:

Glastonbury is too pretentious(been there in the day when it was heavan, not anymore), the campsite is brilliant in oxegen, like anything , it is what you make it, good friends good drink good music and whatever else you can ingest, class.... try the deal with the guys at the gate , a few of my friends have done it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

stayin in the carpark is great craic! last year went to this mental session with some of the lads that i met in there who worked in the beer tents got locked out of my mind :D was camping at the time though both are good carpark is more chilled out

Advertisement