Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Attaching Pvc Venetian Blinds to Upvc Door

Options
  • 27-02-2015 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi guys, I've got some Pvc Venetian blinds that I need to put on a uPvc Door (Full length Window). I want to put it on so it covers just the window and doesn't interfere with the door handle or the door opening inwards on them.

I don't want to drill into the door as it is hollow uPvc and the screws will probably loosen up and end up falling out. I was thinking maybe a very very strong glue would do the trick. Has anyone any idea what glue would be the strongest for the job, keeping in mind that there would be pressure put on the glue if the blinds are pulled up and down? The shutters on the blind open and close so the blind won't need to be pulled up and down at all but just in case.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭CJ Haughey

Roll on the tech 7 brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Spectreon666

Tec 7 Sealant?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Tom44

Tec 7 Sealant?

No.
    Tec 7 adheasive

Or
    "No more nails" (screws")

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭jimf

are you sure the pvc is hollow usually would be reinforced drill a small pilot hole in the side that should tell u if its reinforced

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Definitely not hollow. They are reinforced inside. You'll need a small drill bit for metal to drill the hole for each screw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Definitely not hollow. They are reinforced inside. You'll need a small drill bit for metal to drill the hole for each screw

+1
    self tapping screws is the answer here as there is steel in the frame.
    What do the fixings look like: at end or in middle.
    Glue is not the answer

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Just a thing to check.

Have these on our doors too and when you try to open the door fully they catch on the corner.

So perhaps if you taped something a similar size onto the top of the door you could check for this.

They are attached by screw

Advertisement