Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power/ Rangers Dark and Gritty Fan Film (Adi Shankar)

• 24-02-2015 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭

Producer Adi Shankar (Dredd, Lone Survivor) is back with another unofficial fan film like his previously-released The Punisher: Dirty Laundry, Venom: Truth in Journalism, and the animated Judge Dredd: Superfiend, with Power/Rangers.

Directed by Joseph Kahn (Torque, Detention), the short stars Katee Sackhoff and James Van Der Beek as some of the fan-favorite characters from the original “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

The NSFW link didn't work for me but this looks really cool. Any excuse to watch to power rangers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The NSFW link didn't work for me but this looks really cool. Any excuse to watch to power rangers again!

Yeah it seems to have been taken down from vimeo. The only difference I think was the Zack scenes with the two girls being topless

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Never a fan of the show but got a kick out of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was struggling to remember who was who from when I watched it as a kid, but this was pretty good viewing for a short :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,191 ✭✭✭✭Penn

F*cking brilliant.

• Advertisement

Saban are trying to get the film taken down so it's not going to be online for long. It was made to be a fan film and not for profit and was completely funded by Shankar. His other shorts were good too especially The Punisher: Dirty Laundry . Here's a video explaining why he did power ranger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

That was brilliant.

Link for anyone unable to get one.

Yeah film has been removed from Youtube. According to Deadline, producer Adi Shankar — who helped create the short film — plans on fighting the decision. “The general counsel for Saban called me yesterday and he didn’t send a cease and desist and they went directly to YouTube,” said Ashwant Akula Venkatram, Shankar’s attorney. “It’s fair use and there are numerous fans films on YouTube. It’s a terrible precedent to set.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Watched it, cheesey but enjoyable all the same. The producer seems like an entertaining fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Not a fan of it

• Advertisement

Unrated version is back on vimeo

Cool behind the scenes video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Cool :)

Advertisement