Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fantastic Four (Reboot)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Are we sure that Michael B Jordan is playing Johnny Storm and not Reed Richards or Ben Grimm? Seems very strange that they'd cast two actors of a different skin colour as the only two siblings in the group.

That and Jamie Bell would make a good Johnny Storm I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Too young of a cast IMO. Hadn't a whole lot of interest in this anyway but less so now. Bell is the best of the bunch definitely. Despite him being up and coming, just not a fan of Michael B Jordan either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Fantastic 90210 instead of Fantastic 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Teller looks about 15, seriously. This makes no sense. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Teller looks about 15, seriously. This makes no sense. :confused:

He's actually 27

Kate Mara is 30

Jamie Bell also 27 (thought he was older)

Jordan ALSO 27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh good christ.

ill reserve judgment but thats not a good start to me. theyre all faaaaaar to young looking IMO. how in the name of god am i meant to take that guy seriously as reed?

the only way it makes any sense is if theyre going the ultimate fantastic four route, in which case theyve lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FunLover18 wrote: »
    He's actually 27

Kate Mara is 30

Jamie Bell also 27 (thought he was older)

Jordan ALSO 27.

They look younger

So who for Doom? Bieber, Lautner or Efron :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭Ridley

Hoping that the Storms are uterinal half-siblings. Grimm's the adopted member of the family (albeit metaphorically).

If Doom has to be in the movie. Again. Can he or she be Romani. Please..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

So I take it Thing will be CGI this time round?

So I take it Thing will be CGI this time round?

Yep, motion capture which Bell has experience with doing Tin Tin. It worked for, it should work for Thing.

Am I correct in thinking that the FF powers are quite reflective of their personalities? Grimm is a tough guy, hard man

• Advertisement

Empire reporting that these are the four in contention for Dr Doom

Clockwise; Domhnall Gleeson, Toby Kebbell, Sam Riley, and Eddie Redmayne

Domhnall-Gleeson-Sam-Riley-Eddie-Redmayne-Toby-Kebbell-Doctor-Doom-casting.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 44,877 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't like ragging on movies in development - but really not liking the casting this movie is looking at. All far too young, or too young looking.

They shouldn't look like college kids.

Riley, Kebbell and Redmayne have impressed me at different times, but I don't think they're right for Doom. Riley would probably be the best choice.

Gleeson would be an utterly bizarre choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Am I correct in thinking that the FF powers are quite reflective of their personalities? Grimm is a tough guy, hard man

In some ways I would say the opposite. Sue Storm is beautiful and she turns invisible. Reed Richards is really smart but he turns to rubber. Ben Grimm from what I remember is quite sensitive and feels very lonely when he is turned into the hideous freak. The only power which is reflective of their personality is Johnny who is outgoing and a bit cocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That casting has CW written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

fair enough they are quite young, but they are good actors from what I have seen of them so far

Any of those could do well in that role but would love to see DG get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Continuing with the Fantastic Four 90210 theme.

And IMO Domhnall Gleeson is waaay too talented for an FF movie. As is Kate Mara.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sam Riley would be a superb choice for it, always thought he'd make a great villain in a film

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭brevity

Looking at the casting of this movie is making me feel old.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The more I hear about this movie, the more it reminds me of this oft-quoted scene

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Fox have dumped everyone involved and are looking for new eveyone and script.

Not sure how true or how good this site is for info. But we can only hope.

Source

Looks like Fox have dumped everyone involved and are looking for new eveyone and script.

Not sure how true or how good this site is for info. But we can only hope.

Source

That is proper crazy if it's true. But why?

Fox have come out and denied the story. Not surprised, it would absolutely crazy to start all over 6 months before shooting set to begin

I doubt the story, mainly because as far as I know the film is meant to begin shooting in the next month or so, not in 6 months. Fox are under pressure to get this film underway as the rights to the franchise are expiring and could go back to Marvel.

Of the 4 rumoured names Kebbell and Riley would have been your best options. I would have put money on Riley being the one chosen (as he has a track record of playing dark and intelligent/devious types), so I'm curious about Kebbell's casting. You would have to assume he screen tested strongly, better than Riley.

I've seen him in RocknRolla and he was very much decent. He didn't have a lot to work with but there was definitely a spark there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Can't say I've much hope for the film but Kebbell's casting is definitely a positive, fantastic actor who deserves more exposure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Can't say I've much hope for the film but Kebbell's casting is definitely a positive, fantastic actor who deserves more exposure.

His performance is dead mans shoes was immense

Tim Blake Nelson is in final negotiations to play
    the dweebish scientist who turns out to be Mole Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Guess he won't be playing The Leader anytime soon then!

Advertisement