Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn fein in Balbriggan

• 17-07-2011 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything abut a NEW group(its new to me) that meet in Balbriggan? Just following up on a conversation I had , thats why Im asking.Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Are they something to do with lower leg injuries? Joggers maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

First meeting tonight in Athy, followed shortly by a knees up. Expecting a large foot fall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hahahah, all funny bunnys today.I fixed it ok..:D
    Now anyone??????????????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Have you tried posting on one of the politics sites? They might give you an answer since everyone from mainstream SF to the various extreme right to extreme left Republican breakaway splinter groups of the splinter groups seem to post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

There was a leaflet drop in some of the estates in Balbriggan over the past month alluding to a a dissident organisation. The leaflet had an email address on it for further information. We didn't receive it but an acquaintance did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What was the name? The tag "dissident" may not be justified.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Balbriggan-Sinn-Fein/114977321919378?ref=ts

There is Balbriggan SFs facebook, you could direct further questions there I guess, I'm in no way familiar with the setup in Balbriggan.

To be fair to the Balbriggan branch of Sinn Fein it actually said IRA so dissident is justified. ;)

Eoineo wrote: »
    To be fair to the Balbriggan branch of Sinn Fein it actually said IRA so dissident is justified. ;)
    lol!

Any way you could get your hands on one of these and scan it up? I would love to see it!

I don't think I can as they handed it into the local Garda Station.

I don't think I can as they handed it into the local Garda Station.
    So what exactly did it say then that made them drop it in there?

• Advertisement

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    So what exactly did it say then that made them drop it in there?

As I've already said above. It advertised a dissident organisation & gave details of how to contact somebody in relation to a meeting.

As I've already said above. It advertised a dissident organisation & gave details of how to contact somebody in relation to a meeting.
    Are you saying it advertised some form of the IRA and how to contact someone for a meeting in relation to that? Seriously?

I doubt that.

Yes I am.
    Yes I have seen it.
    Yes if I had received it myself I would have done exactly the same.

Yes I am.
    Yes I have seen it.
    Yes if I had received it myself I would have done exactly the same.
    I can tell you that no republican organization would produce a leaflet like that. They wouldnt be so stupid.

You sure it wasnt about the IRA hungerstrikers and a meeting about that?

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I can tell you that no republican organization would produce a leaflet like that. They wouldnt be so stupid.

You sure it wasnt about the IRA hungerstrikers and a meeting about that?

Yes I am.

Look perhaps this is taking things a little off topic. You have no reason to believe or doubt me apart from going on my word unless the people in the estates who received the leaflet post a copy of it here. As I've said already, I've seen it and I agree with the course of action taken by the people who did get it.

I have no issue with any genuine political party advertising a meeting, services or fund raising in the area and I'm not affiliated with any political organisation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

what estates received it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OK - This thread is straying off-topic. The OP asked about Sinn Fein in Balbriggan. cathy01 - All the info you probably need is in the Facebook link above.

HB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement