Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stoma reversal

Options
  • 19-02-2015 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I'm a 37 yr old guy who had subtotal colectomy followed by proctocolectomy and stoma reversal for ulcerative colitis a couple of years ago. Whole my health has generally been very good since, I am very interested in making contact with other people who have had these surgeries. It would be great to compare notes about everyday life and activities following these surgeries. I always wonder if I could be doing more. Please drop me a line, if you would like to chat
    P

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Moved from Health and Fitness

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Hi TF777

I had a total proctocolectomy with a permanent ileostomy last November as a result of 25 years of UC and in the end T3 cancerous lesion no less !!. Twitter is a great thing for meeting/talking to other folk who have experience of same and there are tonnes of vbloggers on youtube also explaining their situation and showing off their stoma's.

With respect to getting on with life, well I am back on the bike abet with a sore backside and am running on the treadmill again with relative ease. I cycle alot and intend on going to italy this year to mountain bike and eat a tonne of pizza !

Got to admit the mental obstacles have being worst than the physical ones, but I am getting there !

Advertisement