Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OK GO!

• 20-05-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I tend to go through random spells of doing a flurry of bets on horses for a few weeks, when the notion takes me, then doing nothing for months. Either the account balance dwindles to zero, or else I decide I want the money and withdraw it all!

I've just had a look at my Paddy Power account. I put €20 into the account a good few weeks ago and have since withdrawn €316.88 in winnings. 90 bets made altogether! :eek: 23 wins out of the 90. (When I say "wins", that's either win or e/w, I'm not bothered doing a thorough analysis! It's a pity PP don't allow downloads in a user-friendly format.)

Anyways my account balance is currently zero, but last night I had €50 - all currently outstanding on bets - so that's my starting point for the purposes of this log.

Couple of self-imposed rules. If my balance ever reaches €100, I withdraw to bring it down to €50. (I usually withdraw once it goes over €50 anyways.) The maximum I will ever lodge to this account - for this log - is €50 (and as I'm saying €50 was my starting point, that's €100 altogether.) The maximum I'll place on any one bet is €20.

By the way, I know I'd better better odds and deals if I had a few accounts with different bookies - I might consider that at some stage!

I won't be doing much in terms of reasoning for my bets. I'm not an avid horse person, more of a chancer! But a lucky one! (I do do some research though!)

OK as I mentioned I have €50 to start with on outstanding bets for today. Chances are I'll lose them all, despite my good luck lately, and end up looking like an eejit for starting this log. :rolleyes: If that happens, I'll just lodge another €50 tomorrow and start again. And if I lose that, that's me done for another few months! :)

Here goes!

14:00 Lingfield - Avidly @ 14/1 €2.50 e/w
    14:50 Ayr - Lord Buffhead @ 9/1 €5.00 e/w
    14:50 Ayr - Blue Sonic @ 6/1 €5.00 e/w
    15:30 Lingfield - Thomas Blossom €5.00 @ 6/1 to win
    16:00 Lingfield - Macs Superstar @ 10/1 €5.00 to win
    17:20 Ayr - Act Your Shoe Size @ 6/1 €5.00 to win
    18:00 Sligo - Copy That @ 12/1 €5.00 each way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neigh fear

Oooooh and I see the odds for most of those have drifted a lot since I put my bets on early this morning. Chances are there's good reason for that. Not off to a good start here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 neigh fear

Well that went well! :D €50 down and absolutely zero wins! Oh well!

Today's bets ...

14:20 Ayr - Saxonette @ 8/1 €2.50 e/w
    15:50 Goodwood - Firmament @ 6/1 €5.00 e/w
    17:45 Ayr - Just The Tonic @ 7/1 €2.50 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Nothing wrong with your picks but you cant keep a log going with your entire bankroll at stake on the first day. Reduce your stakes, up your bankroll and spread it out a little.

Advertisement