Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refund from personal trainer

Options
  • 06-06-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I hired a personal trainer recently as I have been sick for about a year and lost loads of weight.

My health took a turn again and turns out I had something completely different than initially thought and cannot work out for the foreseeable future until I get it sorted.

I block bought a couple of months visits with the personal trainer and only used a number of them. He has already said he will refund me the money I paid him minus the visits already used. But now he keeps giving me the round around saying "next week, next week".

What can I do about this if he keeps giving me the round around?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Not sure how much of a leg to stand on you have here,

Unless you maybe have something in writing I doubt he'd have to legally refund you anything as the decision to not proceed with the training is down to personal circumstances, rather then something he's done wrong like false advertising.

Maybe I'm wrong though...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

As I see it, you are the one breaking the contract, not him. If you still wanted the workouts, he could provide them. His refund sounded like a goodwill gesture, and I'm not sure you can pursue him for that refund.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps another option would be simply to postpone them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Cheers for the replies folks. I thought I wouldn't have a leg to stand on with this alright and it was fairly obvious the offer of a refund was very much a goodwill gesture.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Perhaps another option would be simply to postpone them?

That would be what I would want, but unfortunately it will be a long time before I'll be able to do any working out in a gym so with that, I'd just rather the money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Could you perhaps sell them on to someone else?
    Or transfer the session to someone else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement