Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

@ Mark Sc: Thing about helmets is that you'll sweat like a fothermucker! but you look badass! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Finaly got my order from RSOV, after contacting keith about KND sending my order to some guy in the UK :/ he got them to resend it all (suppost to be by UPS, but im glad they didnt with all the trouble ppl seem to be having with them ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Got my Ampidextrous magazine catch, G27 grip and a king arms 1J spring from ehobby 5 days ago... and since i'm so happy Ehobby... i'm going to put in an order for one of these;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/KSC-USP-45-METAL-VERSION-Auto-GBB-Airsoft-Pistol-OD_W0QQitemZ270152878774QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31685QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
    and a helmet and cover...

can anyone point me in the direction of a mag for the USP? i can't find 'em

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Mark_Sc wrote:
    Got my Ampidextrous magazine catch, G27 grip and a king arms 1J spring from ehobby 5 days ago... and since i'm so happy Ehobby... i'm going to put in an order for one of these;
    http://cgi.ebay.com/KSC-USP-45-METAL-VERSION-Auto-GBB-Airsoft-Pistol-OD_W0QQitemZ270152878774QQihZ017QQcategoryZ31685QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

EHobby should have them as well. I got the USP Compact metal GBB with a spare mag, both from EHobby. Spare mags are not exactly cheap though. Mine was €30ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Mark_Sc wrote:

Helmet covers don't fit too well on USPs:p

• Advertisement

Think i should send an email about shipping costs?
    or just pay the same as it is for US?

Pay the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

theyll send you an invoice with the full amount

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

another big thumbs up for e-hobby, ordered some small bits and mags on saturday last on my desk waiting for me monday morning,

thmbs up as well for http://search.ebay.ie/_W0QQsassZcentury-digital for radios, got it delivered today after ordering it on saturday with a cheap throat mic,

i know the mic is gonna be crap but the radio looks the buisness, will have to wait til its brother arrives and i read up a bit about it to have a proper opinion on it, will post a review when it does

big thumb down for An Post, neither tracking number would work on their track and trace, despite the package sitting on my desk :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

big thumb done for An Post, neither tracking number would work on their track and trace, despite the package sitting on my desk

I had the exact same with my last package and it still doesnt show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Big +1 for flecktarn ordered stuff on Wednesday arrived today (friday). Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

A big thumbs down for Airsoft Scotland/World.

Order delayed close to a month now with no order confirmation, no response from e-mails and a message on their answering machine saying don't bother leaving a message as they won't listen to it. Forums that staff members used to frequent they have been avoiding.

Would advise that you avoid at all costs.

AirsoftScotland are really busy ATM. Keep calling them, you will get through to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

krazy_8s wrote: »
    ... and a message on their answering machine saying don't bother leaving a message as they won't listen to it.

Are you serious ?

Yup, They dont say that exactly but they say they get somany calls they dont have the time to reply to all the messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

liamo333 wrote: »
    Yup, They dont say that exactly but they say they get somany calls they dont have the time to reply to all the messages.

I tried ringing, got a message which said don't bother to leave a message. the phone is on a auto divert during the day most of the time, I know because they turn it off at 6. So they don't even want to bother talking to anybody. Which is about as bad as you can get as a retailer. Frankly its not just me, there are tons of other posts on other forums saying the same thing. If you are a retailer and you have too much work, you hire another worker not ignore your customers. Its a sickening way of treating your customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

krazy_8s wrote: »
    I Its a sickening way of treating your customers.

Thats why I asked...I get totally stressed out with the volume of emails and phone calls I get sometimes, at ridiculous hours of the night, but at the end of the day, they're calls from customers and you don't ignore them.

Thanks lads
    Bloody thing just went off the shelves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Phone calls!!! please tell me you didn't give out your phone No shiva:eek:
    First rule of sales....don't give the bast1rds ya phone no!!!! "is that ****** at Eirsoft? Can you tell me the differance tween this make an' that make, and will it fit in my rucksack???:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Very satisfying experience with eBay shop fullvermonty for US Unit Patches. Better quality than it looks, reasonable P&P, quick despatch :)

Item bought:t622.JPG

Plus, being from Sheffield (UK), gotta love the play-on-words for their biz name (they're based in Sheffield, Vermont, USA).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Bar wgc shop as I already know of them but is there anywhere else doing this style of scope? Preferably with not that much zoom, 1.5 - 3 maybe.

action_sc_4x20.jpg

I'm looking for a cylindrical style carry handle scope for the m4, preferably in metal.

Anyone have one similar or know where I can get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Purchased 3 name tapes in woodland digi for €6.75 incl p&p from www.1800nametape.com took 5 days including the weekend to arrive very impressed. Good quality as well, now all I have to do is convince the wife to do a bit of sowing.

BIG thumbs down for http://www.rstacticalgear.com/cat_511.cfm orderd some stuff from them on sept 23rd and i got an email the other day saying that it had been sent to the "shipping department"

:(

But that one makes my ass look big...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Quick question for any of you guys who have ordered items through UNCompany.

I paid for an order via paypal approx. 30 hours ago. I realise that with the time differences they wouldn't have had an opportunity to process the order until today (assuming there isn't a huge backlog of orders ahead of mine).

I was expecting some sort of confirmation of payment and tracking number for my order at some stage today. As of yet, I haven't received any email from uncompany.

I know my patience is lacking, and it's early days yet. But should I be expecting an email before receipt of my items, or is it just as likely that the items will turn up at my door without hearing anything from Hong Kong?

(I realise that this has probably been discussed in this thread already, but (almost) 1300 replies is a lot to have to trawl through for an answer.)

Did you get an email from paypal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

liamo333 wrote: »
    Did you get an email from paypal?

I did, yes. As soon as I made the payment, I got the following from paypal...
    paypal wrote:
    Dear X,
    Your payment for $xx.xx USD to sales@uncompany.com has been sent.

Advertisement