Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

• 04-09-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

just thought I might start this thread as often when searching for something in another thread it turns into a running commentary on why ph is loved or hated

Just thought all the bashing and hugging might be kept here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Myself I go both ways;)
    While I'm happy he was picked for the RC I can see why many others worry about form
    For me I think he'll play 3 times only at most and will be a super 4ball player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Martin567

soundsham wrote: »
    Myself I go both ways;)
    While I'm happy he was picked for the RC I can see why many others worry about form

I agree with the above and just wonder why some people find it so hard to get a bit of balance in these discussions. I've never suggested anything other than that the picks would have been very close. I just can't understand all the abuse he gets, a lot of it ill-informed.

Can anyone look at Paul Casey's form for the last few months and explain why they think it is so much better than Harrington's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

He's a love-em-hate-em type of guy, partly because his form blows hot-n-cold, and this seems to down to his mental state, if he's in the mood then he'll beat anybody, but if he's not then I'd beat him myself :p (not!). He's going to be under severe (mostly English) pressure to do well in this RC, so if he puts his 'right' head on that day he should pull through !

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

regardless of form if you ask any of the american players who they'd least like get involved in a crucial match with its harrington.. he might not be the most consistant player on the team and he might not seem to tear up the euro tour like other guys but he's a big game player and has the ability to shift gears when things get really tight.. thats the last person you want to be mixed up with on sunday afternoon in the swing match..

it would have been the worst decision in RC history not to pick him.. fair play to monty for using his head instead of just picking the english guys, not sure if faldo would have been so smart..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

tad00 wrote: »
    regardless of form if you ask any of the american players who they'd least like get involved in a crucial match with its harrington.. he might not be the most consistant player on the team and he might not seem to tear up the euro tour like other guys but he's a big game player and has the ability to shift gears when things get really tight.. thats the last person you want to be mixed up with on sunday afternoon in the swing match..

it would have been the worst decision in RC history not to pick him.. fair play to monty for using his head instead of just picking the english guys, not sure if faldo would have been so smart..

Faldo proved he wasn't...

Great post, perfectly put...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I expect him to get at least 2.5 out of 3pts in Ryder Cup. Used sparingly in much the same way Darren Clarke was in 2006. Driving is obviously a problem right now, but hes got a few weeks to shape up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

regardless of form if you ask any of the american players who they'd least like get involved in a crucial match with its harrington..

I'd doubt that.........my guess is that they would be that confident that they don't care who they play. I don't think Harrington is above any of the other players on the team.

Personally I think Harrington is a nice guy.

stockdam wrote: »
    I'd doubt that.........my guess is that they would be that confident that they don't care who they play. I don't think Harrington is above any of the other players on the team.

Personally I think Harrington is a nice guy.

I wouldn't doubt it .......

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭DULLAHAN2

Martin567 wrote: »
    Can anyone look at Paul Casey's form for the last few months and explain why they think it is so much better than Harrington's?

After Reading this, I had a quick look at the PGA stats and there isnt much between them or rose. The biggest difference is driving acc.

Rose Driving ACC 66.1

Casey Driving ACC. 60.9

Harrington Driving ACC 56.6

If Harrington could get more Accurate off the Tees he would be a very deadly and there would be no-one ridiculing his game.

just heard on radio that he'll add another event to his schedule if he is indeed out of the fed-ex
    man there will be some media atention on him for that:eek:.....tiger stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭whocares86

would it make more sense for Padraig to concentrate more playing in Europe and less in America. there might be more money on offer in the states but it might be easier to pick up a few wins in Europe and build up his confidence. he won the order of merit in 2006 and this followed with his major wins in 07 + 08. he has only played in Europe 3 times this year , Irish open, the open and PGA in Wentworth. he was due to play in Wales but was injured. i think its time to get back to basics by playing in Europe and hopefully getting a few wins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Honestly, I haven't seen such a far from the truth post on this golf forum before, what a joke.
    I have to laugh at people who are still backing harrington nowadays and think that his pick for the ryder cup team was justified.
    Sorry, but people that think my above two comments are justified, do not have a clue about what's going on in the pga/european tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    Honestly, I haven't seen such a far from the truth post on this golf forum before, what a joke.
    I have to laugh at people who are still backing harrington nowadays and think that his pick for the ryder cup team was justified.
    Sorry, but people that think my above two comments are justified, do not have a clue about what's going on in the pga/european tour.

Really-you got two accounts?

Nice hatement about Harrington. Any chance you can throw in some facts to back it up? Maybe compare his year to Rose/Casey like others have done and then realise that Harrington has better results this year than Casey and similar ones to Rose).

what's that supposed to mean ?

Nice hatement about Harrington. Any chance you can throw in some facts to back it up? Maybe compare his year to Rose/Casey like others have done and then realise that Harrington has better results this year than Casey and similar ones to Rose).

so harrington has better results this year than Casey does he ?

Harrington /casey
    Events played
    17/14
    Cuts made
    12/11
    1st
    0/0
    2nd
    0/1
    3rd
    1/1
    Top 5
    5/5
    Top 10
    7/10
    Prize Money
    $1,381,453/$2,414,694
    Fed Ex
    57th/23rd

you still think harrington has better results than Casey ?

so harrington has better results this year than Casey does he ?

Harrington /casey
    Events played
    17/14
    Cuts made
    12/11
    1st
    0/0
    2nd
    0/1
    3rd
    1/1
    Top 5
    5/5
    Top 10
    7/10
    Prize Money
    $1,381,453/$2,414,694
    Fed Ex
    57th/23rd

you still think harrington has better results than Casey ?

PGA Tour is it? What about the European tour?
    In the five months from 1 April to 31 August, Padraig Harrington has played in 14 events and had 6 top 10 finishes. Paul Casey has had only 1 top 10 in 12 events

So based on current form-yes it's pretty obvious his results have been better than Casey.

PGA Tour is it? What about the European tour?

So based on current form-yes it's pretty obvious his results have been better than Casey.
    casey

Tour Rankings

PositionNo. of eventsMoney WonEuropean Tour1012€ 1,438,864

harrington

Tour Rankings

PositionNo. of eventsMoney WonEuropean Tour189€ 983,155

Stats are Stats buddy, and it's obviously clear that for 2010, we won't even talk about RyderCup stats, that Harrington is definetely the better form player :rolleyes:

casey

Tour Rankings

PositionNo. of eventsMoney WonEuropean Tour1012€ 1,438,864

harrington

Tour Rankings

PositionNo. of eventsMoney WonEuropean Tour189€ 983,155

Stats are Stats buddy, and it's obviously clear that for 2010, we won't even talk about RyderCup stats, that Harrington is definetely the better form player :rolleyes:

Only reason Casey is so high on the money list is his second place in the Open-his only top 10 in nearly 6 months. Lets compare that to Harrington...

You like stats when you think they work for you. Pity that yours don't.

Only reason Casey is so high on the money list is his second place in the Open-his only top 10 in nearly 6 months. Lets compare that to Harrington...

You like stats when you think they work for you. Pity that yours don't.

we haven't even taken into account caseys injury, what injury has harrington had, apart from his mental state.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12177_6348225,00.html

this interview is so so true

we haven't even taken into account caseys injury, what injury has harrington had, apart from his mental state.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12177_6348225,00.html

this interview is so so true

HAHA good lad-I thought you were being serious for a few posts there.

• Advertisement

HAHA good lad-I thought you were being serious for a few posts there.

ah, blinded by patriotism, good man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

At the end of the day the question is who can perform on the big day and that is why Monty had to go with Harrington. No matter how he plays sky will still be complaining especially Rob Lee who thank god won't be commentating on the ryder cup, I can't stand him.

DH2K9 wrote: »
    At the end of the day the question is who can perform on the big day and that is why Monty had to go with Harrington. No matter how he plays sky will still be complaining especially Rob Lee who thank god won't be commentating on the ryder cup, I can't stand him.

Best way to watch it is without that commentary and just the natural sounds from the course i.e LIVE!

6 top 10's in the past few months and still there are other players with worse stats who should be ahead of him-Harrington was guaranteed a pick compared to Casey based on this years play alone.

R Lee talks like a man who has been off the tour since the 90's. Bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭harpsman

Martin567 wrote: »
    I agree with the above and just wonder why some people find it so hard to get a bit of balance in these discussions. I've never suggested anything other than that the picks would have been very close. I just can't understand all the abuse he gets, a lot of it ill-informed.

well 3rd and 12th in last two majors for starters.ph missed cut in both

harpsman wrote: »
    well 3rd and 7th in last two majors for starters.ph missed cut in both

3rd and 12th no? 5 top 10s this year for Casey. 7 for Harrington.

3rd and 12th no? 5 top 10s this year for Casey. 7 for Harrington.

And all but Casey's 3rd at the Open came before March.

Quickly looked at FEC points and ph is at 57

So he's on next week,any cofirmation

Ok checked elsewhere he's out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭harpsman

And all but Casey's 3rd at the Open came before March.

Joke yes?british open july

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

Quickly looked at FEC points and ph is at 57

So he's on next week,any cofirmation

Ok checked elsewhere he's out

http://www.pgatour.com/2010/tournaments/r505/09/06/whos-eliminated/index.html :(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

I expect him to get at least 2.5 out of 3pts in Ryder Cup.

What exactly are you basing this on? His RC record is fairly poor tbh, in the last one he only got 1/2 pt from 4 matches, and overall his 4ball record is probably his worst.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement