Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season 6 will be the last season

• 17-10-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭

Bound to happen sooner as ratings down and new cast aren't pulling in the viewers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ryan Murphy has dropped quite the unexpected little bomb about the Fox hit's sixth and final season: It won't be New York-centric. It will jump forward in time. And it will directly involve only a handful of core characters—although Murphy insists that for the final year, "anybody who wants to come back can come back."

• Registered Users Posts: 84,833 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fox has decided that the show’s sixth and final season will consist of 13 episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'm probably stating the obvious here - but if Cory Monteith were still with us today, the show wouldn't be anywhere near to cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Season 6 is running is the US from Friday January 9th - Friday March 21st, with two episodes premiering and ending the season on both nights respectively, so 13 episodes over 11 weeks. From the little I've heard about the season it sounds kind of positive. It would take a miracle at this point for the ratings to climb anywhere near the show's glory days, but maybe by the end of the season it will have gained enough traction to gage people's interest for one last time. Most say they will never watch the end of a show after having dropped it long ago but their resolve breaks and curiosity wins over.

With the post above, I do agree but at the same time I don't think it would have gone much further than a seventh season. The show was losing interest and a mixture of bad writing and storylines wasn't helping the show much. Season 5 originally seemed like it was going to bring the show back on track, but with Cory's passing they had to change a lot of things including the proposed ending for the show. So they stuck with the safer option and pushed forward with the New York-centric episodes. It kept some fans happy and bought the showrunners some time to figure out the final season.

Advertisement