Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Android 4.0 Tablet (7" Capacitive, Wi-Fi, 1GHz) = €92

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

M cebee wrote: »
    does it make any difference re customs
    what type delivery is used?

They usually use a tracked service for the free del, but once it leaves China, theres no way to track it.

It seems to depend on your luck if customs stop it and charge you as far as I'm aware.. (and what price they put on the label helps too)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I don't see it that way, I buy expecting to pay the Revenue, avoids disappointment and puts the price I pay into perspective.

I ordered an Ainol Aurora (black), with a view, after customs, to pay less than the cheapest tablet of the same size and resolution, that I'd fancy owning. In my case, that's the Lenovo A1, wich currently sells at 'around' £160 Sterling.

Anyone ordering from Pandawill, they seem to be shipping stuff again, this week.

Can't wait for mine. IPS screen on the Aurora looks great. Glad I changed from the Elf.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Any of those Ainol tablets have working Bluetooth on them?

No, having said that.. there's apps for bluetooth, on the Elf and Aurora, also, it seems there's word going around that there might be pins on the board, useful for any hardware fiddlers..

Amalgam wrote: »
    I don't see it that way, I buy expecting to pay the Revenue, avoids disappointment and puts the price I pay into perspective.

I ordered an Ainol Aurora (black), with a view, after customs, to pay less than the cheapest tablet of the same size and resolution, that I'd fancy owning. In my case, that's the Lenovo A1, wich currently sells at 'around' £160 Sterling.

Anyone ordering from Pandawill, they seem to be shipping stuff again, this week.

Can't wait for mine. IPS screen on the Aurora looks great. Glad I changed from the Elf.

Ordered the same myself on the 23rd, they said they'd be shipping it next monday, heres hoping they do. Shipped it via DHL and cal the customs to be about €35. Dont mind paying it as long as the tablet gets here in good nick :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Guys I'm reading this doesnm't support flash.

Why si this and surely it's easy enough to put as it's specs look like it could easily support flash.

jayteecork wrote: »
    Guys I'm reading this doesnm't support flash.

Why si this and surely it's easy enough to put as it's specs look like it could easily support flash.

Which model are you reading about??
    The Aurora supports Flash 11
    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/mcbub-com/31951-ainol-novo-7-aurora-hands-video.html

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I'd be interested to see how you get on with that. I read the review on Ipadalternative.com and it seems good. I see you can expand the memory with a micro SD. You'd have a pretty good tablet for 170 euro and another 30 quid on a micro SD card would make a job of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

nulabert wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see how you get on with that. I read the review on Ipadalternative.com and it seems good. I see you can expand the memory with a micro SD. You'd have a pretty good tablet for 170 euro and another 30 quid on a micro SD card would make a job of it.

Odd that they mention it having Bluetooth, on your review link.
    Some are asking if it has bluetooth, YES it does but only the ‘Bluetooth Share’ feature, which should be adequate enough for most, if not - this tablet isn’t for you.

Such an odd statement, surely the hardware would allow a normal Bluetooth function?

Is the hardware there at all, or is the reviewer confusing it with the apps that are packaged with the default OS image?

Just to say, these tablets aren't perfect. I noticed in Elf video reviews that the screen suffers from the same 'pressure rings' that Archos users have been complaining about on the recent run of Honeycomb tablets.

The NOVO Advanced 2 was never going to be more technically advanced than the first one, the Advanced 2 was always going to fill the same market\price gap, hence the 512MB memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Saw this tablet on pandawill http://www.pandawill.com/onda-vi40-elite-version-tablet-pc-android-40-97-inch-ips-screen-8gb-1g-ram-hdmi-camera-p55175.html

How does it compare to the Ainol tablets?
    I would prefer to go with a larger screen.7" screen is the only thing thats putting me off buying the Aurora

yabadabado wrote: »
    Saw this tablet on pandawill http://www.pandawill.com/onda-vi40-elite-version-tablet-pc-android-40-97-inch-ips-screen-8gb-1g-ram-hdmi-camera-p55175.html

How does it compare to the Ainol tablets?
    I would prefer to go with a larger screen.7" screen is the only thing thats putting me off buying the Aurora

Colonel ZAP, whose reviews of the Ainols I've linked to in this thread and elsewhere.

He seems a bit 'so so' about it, browse the comments, if you can. There's some extra dialogue there, from the reviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Colonel ZAP, whose reviews of the Ainols I've linked to in this thread and elsewhere.

He seems a bit 'so so' about it, browse the comments, if you can. There's some extra dialogue there, from the reviewer.

Just watched that,dont know what to do now.Any other good value/recommended 10" tablets out there?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Any place in Dublin to get a decent tablet for €100 or that.

I'll be without my laptop for 5 weeks so want a tablet for browsing the web, watching movies from my hard drive. Nothing too hectic.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I ordered an Aurora from Pandawill last week. I have a feeling their backlog after Chinese New Year will be crazy though. No idea when they'll send it. Has anyone been in contact with them about stock levels?

My guess is stock started to move only today. I was in touch with them and my order was 'processed' on Saturday. I ordered an Aurora too. No fancy delivery, so I expect anything between 3-5-14 days..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been eyeing up the Aurora myself, I'd love to hear how you get on with it folks who've ordered it. Want something for reading books and comics on, so 7" screen would be nice and 1024 X 600 suits nicely. It seems that putting proper Android Market on it isn't too difficult either, so that's a positive - I will need that as I've a lot of apps (mostly games :)) already bought for my phone that I'd like to have on the tablet too.

Mr E wrote: »
    I ordered an Aurora from Pandawill last week. I have a feeling their backlog after Chinese New Year will be crazy though. No idea when they'll send it. Has anyone been in contact with them about stock levels?

How did you contact them? I left a message on the site but haven't heard anything back, I was told last week the order would be shipped today but status has not changed.

I ordered mine on the 23rd of Jan, so i could get the discount, which almost covered the cost of the cheaper DHL option..

Paddy_man wrote: »
    How did you contact them?

I haven't been in contact. I was wondering if anyone else had. :)

Yes, I've emailed over a change in order, an email reply takes 3 days, typically. I have dealt with three different people too. All polite and helpful, but just.. not very instant.

The jist seemed to be that they were starting up again from last Saturday. (4th)

• Advertisement

Pandawill have sent out all of their 8gb black Auroras and are waiting for new stock (who knows when they'll get it). People who ordered before Jan 20th are still waiting, so they must have a huge backlog (and I ordered last week). God only knows when I'll get mine. :(

Their customer support really seems to be dreadful. If you're waiting, there is a thread on pandawill's forum worth keeping an eye on.

http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?8627-Ainol-Novo-7-Aurora-Will-Get-Restock-Today-(Feb-7th)!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Has any one got one of these yet ,or is ordering a waste of time, looks very dodgy, "because of accident,anal delayed "'

Got an email reply to a message I sent 4 days ago saying there is a delay in the stock. Seems like nobody has them, they got a shipment of the black 8gb ones in on Tuesday, so if anyone ordered those they might get theirs shipped, I however had ordered the white and looks like i'll be waiting another week or so before they ship. I'm used to dealing with Deal Extremes slowness, so this it nothing new. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Cancelled my order from focal price and got refunded. Got too sick of waiting.

'Processing', ordered on the 23rd. (Pandawill)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

jayteecork wrote: »
    Cancelled my order from focal price and got refunded. Got too sick of waiting.

Mine was shipped five/six days after ordering which I think is pretty slow considering it said it was in stock.

Got this from Pandawill last night about my order.

We deeply apologize to you for delay shipping of your recent order xxxxxxxxxxx on our web-site.

As you know, due to Chinese New Year holidays some items on our web-site take more time to obtain than usual. According to the plan, we should get the goods in stock on Feb 6. But unfortunately, some factorys had a little accident about the quality test. They had to return the tablets into the product line. This week our purchasing staffs spent overnight with workers in their factories.

We hung up the notification about the possible delay on the homepage of pandawill site during CNY holiday. But it is our fault not inform you in time when everything hasn't got normally after the holiday.

We know how badly you want to get your tablets in hand soon. What we can guarantee at this moment is that we will be honest with the current situation and keep all our customers updated, we quality control check all tablets prior to dispatch to ensure our customers receive a fully working device and the delivery date of your order xxxxxxxxxx has to be postponed to next week.

Besides, because so many customers ask this problem during this period, we are truely sorry for the delay reponses of some questions by emails and live-chat, and we promise to deliver your goods according to the order of purchase time.

As a gesture of good will to our new and existing customers that have taken a leap of faith in pre ordering with us we would like to show our thanks by offering a few free gifts worth $10.

This includes a free screen protector and a $5 no limited shopping cash coupon (valid from Feb.10 to Feb.29 2012):xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We sincerely hope this clears up any questions you have on your order. If there are any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We hope you can enjoy your shopping with us in the future.

Best regards,

Pandawill Team

I can wait another week or 2..

I got that email too. Fair play to them for sending it... if there is no movement on the order by this day fortnight, it'll be a different story.

I agree totally MR E, 2 more weeks or PayPal refund time... Used the €5 to order 2 cases for the tablet off them.. Just need the tablet... Free screen protector off them too, which I'm glad I didn't order of them at the time.

• Advertisement

Paddy_man, would you post product links to what you bought?

I might go for the same.

Where do they mention a free screen protector?

Advertisement