Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos: Hardware

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

jimbo 22 wrote: »
    My local gun smith fitted the moderator for me

I didnt really question it at the time.

Its fairly effective only drawback is it makes the barell a bit longer and more awkward to get around.

He should know better :rolleyes:

SAK or JETZ are recommended for 17 hmr and or 22 wmr and even 22lr

SAK is shortish and very light. JETZ is about same length as parker hale and a fraction heavier.

SAK is best overall IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Got the harris bipod from Ebay - England €90

Its border line minium for shooting in a crouched position.

Probably be ok if u were'nt 6ft 4''

Suprisingly light - worth every penney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Just bought one on Ebay US for $100 (€65), God bless the ****ty dollar :D
    I found I need a fairly high one for shooting prone and I'd like to be able to try sit/kneel with it, I'm 6ft so hopefully it'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Nothing wrong with €65

Ask the seller to print 'used goods' on the packet

ive heard people having to pay tax for goods coming in.

From what i gather there is no tax on used goods .

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

jimbo 22 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with €65

Ask the seller to print 'used goods' on the packet

ive heard people having to pay tax for goods coming in.

From what i gather there is no tax on used goods .

I think used goods are taxable as well.

The duty rate on a bipod is 2.7% (TARIC code 9305290000) so the €65 will become €80.77 after duty and VAT are applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

It's being re-routed through a third party in the lower 48, meaning it's a wonderful gift from them and they pick up the international shipping charges :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bagger762

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Took the plunge last month and traded in my Mossberg Pump for the Stoeger M2000 semi-auto. Fab gun. Light & points well. Five chokes included. Cycles the 28, 32, 34 & 52gr cartridges no prob so far & no jams as yet. Five shot (4+1).... Also updated my .223 & .22lr pics....

(.243, Tikka & JohnGalway, they are fine looking rifles there)...

TJ911...

i have a stoeger M2000, jams alot on 28's and even the bigger cartridges.
    best shotgun is the berretta urika. never jams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

The family collection!
    From top: 223 Remy VSF, Bakial semi auto,CZ 452, Reno S/S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

bagger762 wrote: »
    i have a stoeger M2000, jams alot on 28's and even the bigger cartridges.
    best shotgun is the berretta urika. never jams

Quite true - a friend has one.

I've a Benelli which has never jammed once - has fired about 4,500 cartridges so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

J.R. wrote: »
    Quite true - a friend has one.

I've a Benelli which has never jammed once - has fired about 4,500 cartridges so far!

how do you find the benelli?
    never talked to someone else that has one i had to get a longer shim made for mine couldn't aim it at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Bettinsoli Diamond Sporter 28" Price 825 Euros New.

This is my latest purchase. Comes in a slimline hard case with a choke key
    and 5 chokes. Its been proofed for steel shot and says so on the Barrel.
    It also comes with an additional rubber butt plate if the stock is too short.

Bettinsolis are a bit a mystery to me. There is very little information out
    there on them, I've only managed to read 2-3 articles about the factory.

Also I have seen several different variants of the same gun.
    Some have different engravings some have gold triggers some have a different design around the hinge part of the action.

The wood is a little lifeless and plain. The foregrip/handguard is solid
    and feels more sturdy than others makes that I have held.
    The checkering in these feels rather deep and provides excellent grip.

At the end of the rib nearest the chamber its beveled so there is no sharp
    edge to it which I thought was a nice touch.

After firing 200 shots through it I found my thumb was a little tender,
    I think this was from using the safety leaver which was a little rough and

The chokes apparently were re-designed to be thin wall? so they would be
    better suited for firing steel shot so there is no bulge at the end of the
    barrels.

th_bet-case1.jpgth_bet-case2.jpgth_bet-full.jpg

th_bet-trigger.jpgth_bet-top2.jpgth_bet-top.jpgth_bet-left4.jpg
    th_bet-left3.jpgth_bet-left2.jpgth_bet-hinge3.jpgth_bet-hinge2.jpg
    th_bet-hinge.jpgth_bet-handguard2.jpgth_bet-handguard.jpgth_bet-grip3.jpg

th_bet-action.jpgth_bet-grip2.jpgth_bet-grip.jpgth_bet-forestock.jpgth_bet-break4.jpg
    th_ber-left.jpgth_bet-break3.jpgth_bet-break2.jpg
    th_bet-break.jpgth_bet-bottom4.jpgth_bet-bottom3.jpgth_bet-bottom2.jpgth_bet-bottom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Looks tasty, nice bit of kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Bullets,

Looks lovely, well ware

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

I have a Bettinsoli diamond as well bullets. I like the gun and found it to be trustworthy so far. I think you get quite a bit for your money. The wood on mine seems to have more of a pattern to it, don't know why??
    I bought mine new from Donal McCloy in Toomebridge, Co.Antrim.

PIC_0006-3.jpg

Mallards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Nice pieces lads, makes my little 870 look so crude.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Makes my old SBS Baikal look a bit "agricultural" too.

Out of interest Bullets, what type camera did you use to take those pics? They're dead sharp.

Out of interest Bullets, what type camera did you use to take those pics? They're dead sharp.

Minolta Dimage thats years old 3mega pixel. Its grand for normal pics
    with good light and has a nice 10x optical zoom but crap for poor light

I actually have a new camera a Cannon Power Shot S5IS 8mp currently in the post
    I was eyeing it up for the last year and its now only 275 Euros!
    (I still prefer the film of my cannon A1 SLR but have not used it in years and its got lens rot)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

When I opened the pics I got the camera name too.
    A Minolta DiMAGE Z1 right.

The A1 is good, SLRs really are better, but the power shot and similar are better all-rounders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

how do you find the benelli?
    never talked to someone else that has one i had to get a longer shim made for mine couldn't aim it at all

Hi,

I found the stock to be short in mine (6' 1'' tall) , even using all the shims. But I seem to have long arms as most jacket sleeves seem to be short for me even though the jacket fits!

I removed the butt plate and replaced it with a clay recoil pad - a very deep one - that gave me an extra inch in length. It now fits perfect and I'm very happy with it.

The reason I went for Benelli is they do a left handed version - no too many other do. I found the Rem. 1100 & 1187 to be on the heavy, bulky side whereas the Benelli is narrow & light like an O/U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

J.R. wrote: »
    Hi,

I found the stock to be short in mine (6' 1'' tall) , even using all the shims. But I seem to have long arms as most jacket sleeves seem to be short for me even though the jacket fits!

I removed the butt plate and replaced it with a clay recoil pad - a very deep one - that gave me an extra inch in length. It now fits perfect and I'm very happy with it.

The reason I went for Benelli is they do a left handed version - no too many other do. I found the Rem. 1100 & 1187 to be on the heavy, bulky side whereas the Benelli is narrow & light like an O/U.

probably cheaper than the route i went it cost me 120 euro to get a shim and new bolt made for the stock and then i bought the largest but pad but it works like a dream so im happy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Went to the funstore today. Put the M17S up for adoption. Came home with this.

SIG 556. First, iron sights up, stock collapsed.
    sig556lnx1.jpg

Stock extended, EOTech mounted.
    sig556eotly7.jpg

The Eotech was purchased for Iraq duty several years ago, hence it's a little beat up. Still works fine, though.

Trigger pull is extremely smooth. Takedown process requires a tool of some sort, a knife or screwdriver to push in a pin is required to get at the gas piston. Unlike most rifles I've played with, the action is not pushed forward by a spring behind the bolt. Instead, the gas piston spring is used to pull the action forward: Piston and bolt basically become one enitity, held together by the cocking handle. Can't say I've ever seen anything like that before.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

lovely rifle manic!

im so jealous:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hate you, but nice kit there manic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Went to the funstore today. Put the M17S up for adoption. Came home with this.

SIG 556.
    Sweet!
    I entertain notions of one day owning either one of these or a high end AR-15 of some sort. Or ideally, both. :rolleyes:

Anyway, congratulations on your purchase, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it after you've used it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Another one of mine lads with a SAK suppressor mounted and some camo tape over the barrel.. Why ye ask the tape... when the old sun comes out there is some hell of a shine off the barrel and suppressor..
    Thats my lanber as well, she is no looker but hell she can shoot straight....

Another one of mine lads with a SAK suppressor mounted and some camo tape over the barrel.. Why ye ask the tape... when the old sun comes out there is some hell of a shine off the barrel and suppressor..
    Thats my lanber as well, she is no looker but hell she can shoot straight....

Just wondering where'd you get the camo tape from?

I picked it up in the states Jose, im nearly sure ICOA had some at some stage. It might be worth giving them a ring and see do they have any in stock.. If not try Big Bass pro shop or cabelas..Its pretty cheap around 5 dollars a roll

http://www.irishcombataccessories.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=1d62e069af86a06b3b1835cc0f05de51

• Advertisement

Hey lad check out these guys they have the tape for 4.50 euro
    http://www.flybowshop.com/assets/s2dmain.html?http://www.flybowshop.com/50317098d70cfec3a/index.html.

Advertisement