Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Interested in Messianic Fellowship?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tinyark

if you have an hour to give to your faith.. and if you are genuinely interested in becoming closer to G-d. That is to say.. more interested in the ways of our heavenly father then the ways of mans traditions.. please watch this teaching.

http://119ministries.com/the-error-of-dispensationalism

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭SonOfAdam

You lost me somewhere between 'Gotcha' and 'When you stop getting your teaching from a concordance' :rolleyes:
    Tinyark wrote:
    Paul Taught Torah and then the salvation of Messiah, he followed up with letters when those in His remit made mistakes

like, for instance, to the Galatians ? You really should give that one a read. :)

yep just like them.. Jewish and new converts to the jewish sect of 'the way',believers who thought the words of Moses could bring by implementation 'salvation'.

its not the 'act' of doing but WHY you 'do' it.

im not at all surprised I lost you..

How ever did Jesus cope preaching the Gospel of God without pauls letters?! crikey.

http://119ministries.com/the-pauline-paradox---part-1

i know you wont.. but at least try to watch this.. at the very least to try and be-bunk it.

I've just discovered (from your blog) that I, along with the rest of the church have been reading Paul's letters all wrong - It is good to know that the truth is safe in someones hands ;)

You (or your blog) make a distinction between what you call 'the church' and those who are torah observant - can you tell me here if you consider non-torah observing christians hidden with Christ in God (Col3:3) ? Or is that contradictory to you ? - It would be nice if you would nail your colours on that one.

I don't have access to vimeo at work so can't use link at the moment but I can say on dispensationalism I come down on the side of Law-Grace-Kingdom and I didn't get that from a concordance :)

• Advertisement

Hi there :)

First of all the church we know today is not the 'church' of Pauls letters.

The very same word used in Greek for Church is also used in the greek version of the Torah. The 'assembly' at Sinai to the Pagans of the 1st and 2nd centuries was read as the 'church' of Israel. So, yes, I do think the modern view of a church is a million miles away from Pauls 'church' although he never used that word.

As for my colours.. I find that alot of peolpe I met who do not believe the law of G-d is meant for them today often site the letters of Paul.. rarely Jesus's words. People are always willing to take the easy option.. If the law doesnt count, and if the law tells us what sin is then we cannot sin. doesnt make sense.

for the record..
    I 100% believe that you need to show you love G-d by walking in His Torah.

I believe G-d is one, not a trinity

I believe G-d is the same from the beginning to now and forever.

As for Col: well.. this is letter written to a bunch of pagans/gentiles, coming into the faith.. the previous chapter say 'dont do those pagan things, and dont worry if people slander you for changing your ways'

Paul only ever taught Torah. Torah is the guide that G-d sent to show how we love Him and how we sin. If we abandon Torah and believe we are covered by grace then we can do what we want.. when we want.. and how we want.

Do you believe that some of what is in the bible, the holy word of G-d, is a lie?

I appreciate your honesty - 'though your views are on the outside of orthodoxy. I hold that the bible is the word of God and as such is truth but as Philologus said it's the relationship with us that has changed not Him or His word. The cross is what makes the difference.

Grace is not doing what you want when you want but is the empowering presence of God enabling you to be who He created you to be - His spirit lives within and changes me to become like Christ - He lived the life I cannot live and died the death that was due to me, why ? Because He loves me - this is the gospel, this is truth - I may be unlovely but I am not unloved and His love changes me - so grace is not what you have described it is far more wonderful than that.

that is a beautiful response and I agree with nearly of of it.

the thing is.. i didnt start this post to 'convert' anyone. I simple wanted to put out the message of fellowship to those who believe as I do.

I can see where you are coming from, it is a perspective I looked from too once, and I know that no amount of explaining or verse quoting will change that view. Thats a G-d thing and although I know that is going to sound very smug I really do pray you at some point see what I mean by it.

I am always open to talk and discuss, I love it. Do me the favour of watching the link I sent on with an open mind and then if you want to debate with me, awesome. Im totally open to that, it stretches my 'word' muscle.

I would say that Yeshua walked this planet in His human form for around 3 years.. He had ample time to tell us not to do the law after His sacrifice but decided instead to preach and walk the law out. Peter was shocked when G-d told him to eat unclean and Paul went to great lenghts to prove He taught the law. There was not NT till 275 to speak of... thats 240 years of faith in yeshua with Torah law.. until 'man' changed things about.

Please watch the vid.. you will learn alot about church history at the very least. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Tinyark wrote: »
    Hi there :)

First of all the church we know today is not the 'church' of Pauls letters.

Therefore we can ignore Paul's letters? And other New Testament Scripture that doesn't agree with your position?
    The very same word used in Greek for Church is also used in the greek version of the Torah. The 'assembly' at Sinai to the Pagans of the 1st and 2nd centuries was read as the 'church' of Israel. So, yes, I do think the modern view of a church is a million miles away from Pauls 'church' although he never used that word.

Jews translated the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek.
    As for my colours.. I find that alot of peolpe I met who do not believe the law of G-d is meant for them today often site the letters of Paul.. rarely Jesus's words. People are always willing to take the easy option.. If the law doesnt count, and if the law tells us what sin is then we cannot sin. doesnt make sense.

Except, it isn't the easy option. Jesus died on the cross for sin, so that we might walk anew according to God's standards under a new covenant agreement (made clear in Jeremiah 31:31-34).

The easy option is works based salvation.
    for the record..
    I 100% believe that you need to show you love G-d by walking in His Torah.

Where does Jesus come into it?
    I believe G-d is one, not a trinity

Do you believe in the divinity of Christ?
    I believe G-d is the same from the beginning to now and forever.

As do I. It was God's ultimate aim to fulfill the Mosaic covenant through Jesus Christ.
    As for Col: well.. this is letter written to a bunch of pagans/gentiles, coming into the faith.. the previous chapter say 'dont do those pagan things, and dont worry if people slander you for changing your ways'

Have you actually read it all and considered the logic of what it is saying to Christian communities?
    Paul only ever taught Torah. Torah is the guide that G-d sent to show how we love Him and how we sin. If we abandon Torah and believe we are covered by grace then we can do what we want.. when we want.. and how we want.

Take a read through Romans. That's what I'll say.
    Do you believe that some of what is in the bible, the holy word of G-d, is a lie?

No. It isn't. The Mosaic Covenant served a particular particular purpose for the people of Israel, now the New Covenant is for both Jews and Gentiles alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

I would say that Yeshua walked this planet in His human form for around 3 years.. He had ample time to tell us not to do the law after His sacrifice but decided instead to preach and walk the law out. Peter was shocked when G-d told him to eat unclean and Paul went to great lenghts to prove He taught the law. There was not NT till 275 to speak of... thats 240 years of faith in yeshua with Torah law.. until 'man' changed things about.

Please watch the vid.. you will learn alot about church history at the very least. :)

Are you saying that we are required to follow the entirety of the Mosaic law? It seems to me (and I apologise if I'm picking you up wrong) that you are rejecting a large chunk of the New Testament, saying that the law of Moses is mandatory, and that you are denying the Trinity? That sounds a lot closer to Judaism than Christianity - and that isn't meant to disrespect Jews in any way as there is a lot to admire about their faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 emma_cos

HI,

So is there actually a Messianic Fellowship in Dublin? I'd like to participate to your Bible studies.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

emma_cos wrote: »
    HI,

So is there actually a Messianic Fellowship in Dublin? I'd like to participate to your Bible studies.

Thanks!

I would think that all true Christian Fellowships would believe in the Messiah and His return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moshe GV Perez

Well funny enough, I am a christian, I am spanish born, I live in Ireland, and I am a jew... hahaha!!!

Well funny enough, I am a christian, I am spanish born, I live in Ireland, and I am a jew... hahaha!!!

Jewish by birth and/or practice ? :)
    welcome to boards:D

Jewish by birth and/or practice ? :)
    welcome to boards:D

Jewish blood, from the tribe of Judah, perezites. Dad and mom both have Perez surname in the family history, and other Sephardic Spanish Jewish surnames in my family, but we were brought up as christians though. Pentecostal and Baptist. I accepted Yeshua ha Mashiakh as my Lord and Savior at the age of 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

Jewish blood, from the tribe of Judah, perezites. Dad and mom both have Perez surname in the family history, and other Sephardic Spanish Jewish surnames in my family, but we were brought up as christians though. Pentecostal and Baptist. I accepted Yeshua ha Mashiakh as my Lord and Savior at the age of 11.

Shalom.

You missed an interesting thread in AMA with an Irish women who converted to Orthodox Judaism and is living with her Jewish husband in Israel. It was an eye opener the disdain she had for non Jews!

Are you meeting this Shabbat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 servant

Hello, we are a group of 5 people following Yeshua our Creator and Saviour. and we are looking for others in our area Co. Leitrim. Pls get in touch if you would like to join us or if you already have a group you are part of, maybe we can join you.
    We are of course keeping Shabbat holy and meet each friday and celebrate.

G-d bless you

servant wrote: »
    Hello, we are a group of 5 people following Yeshua our Creator and Saviour. and we are looking for others in our area Co. Leitrim. Pls get in touch if you would like to join us or if you already have a group you are part of, maybe we can join you.
    We are of course keeping Shabbat holy and meet each friday and celebrate.

G-d bless you
    Hi
    A question for you.
    Are you Jewish or Christian?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Jesus was a Jew.

recedite wrote: »
    Jesus was a Jew.

Very astute of you. Thanks for letting me know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Well, if you wanted to pigeonhole the followers of the original teachings, then they would have to be a Christian sect within Judaism. Or expelled from within Judaism, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

But if you wanted to know how someone would describe themselves, you might ask them.

Advertisement