Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

the game looks great but that girl playing it is annoying

Both of them are annoying, turned it off after 3minutes.

On a more positive note i have secured Friday (Launch Day) and Saturday off work for this game alone, im such a loser...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Giant Bomb "quick" look (well over an hour)

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Both of them are annoying, turned it off after 3minutes.

On a more positive note i have secured Friday (Launch Day) and Saturday off work for this game alone, im such a loser...

yes, i had to stop watching it too, they are painful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

yes, i had to stop watching it too, they are painful

OH EHM GEE :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    Those Curse frogs sound a pain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

penev10 wrote: »
    Those Curse frogs sound a pain:(

That whole 10 hour thing is just ridiculous if that's true whoever it was didn't have a clue what they were doing.

There are numerous ways to cure curse, 2 different rings that clear it apon death, a healer who can heal it, an item you can purchase from a merchant to remove it, a grass that heals all status effects, various miracles that clear status effects. They're just the ones I know off the top of my head!!

Yes the curse is harsh initially but it can be handled and removed without any issues. I seriously have trouble understanding how someone could have spent 10 hours without progressing because of it...

I suppose it's a bit like saying that the poison swamp in 5-2 in Demons Souls is impossible to get past unless you have some form of health regeneration, poison resistence, the right miracle or the right grass which you almost always will have.

Very disappointed that the US get their strategy guide as a book and we just get a code for an online one.

Was looking at getting the US version but SE are all sold out on Videogamesplus.

EDIT: Nearly ordered from PlanetAxel but then saw this:

"The receive the Collector's Editio you must pre-order. However, should stock be limited of the Collector's Edition - even for pre-orders - we cannot promise delivery of the Collector's Edition. The earlier you pre-order the better your chances are. Both editions are the same price."

Which I could do without as a nasty surprise.

Anyone got any other import ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't wait for this. Have tuesday off so I'll just wander down to EB and pick up my pre-order!

EDIT: EB rang me today saying they're doing a midnight launch for the game! Tempted...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Eurogamer review is out. Best part of it for me is below.
    But that's only half the truth. Yes, the game is difficult and obtuse. But it is also simple and elegant, with intuitive controls and a snappy, unfussy interface. It rarely presents a challenge that is unfair, convoluted, or requires hours of grinding or extreme dexterity to overcome. It's mostly a test of concentration and nerve.

And it's a labour of supreme love. Dark Souls' world of Lordran is beyond huge and is a single, contiguous space - but this is not the sprawling, repetitious wasteland of so much "open-world" game design.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-dark-souls-review

Good review
    So it's a shame when From loses sight of that and throws in a cheap boss or punishing bottleneck just for the sake of it, or confuses being enigmatic with being obstructive. But those slips are rare enough in a game as unique and gigantic as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I suppose it's a bit like saying that the poison swamp in 5-2 in Demons Souls is impossible to get past unless you have some form of health regeneration, poison resistence, the right miracle or the right grass which you almost always will have.

I didn't :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

pre ordered. Now have to wait till Friday, stupid european release date:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

ShaneU wrote: »
    Giant Bomb "quick" look (well over an hour)

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dark-souls/17-4966/

Love the reaction when they're on the ledge looking down at the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

gamespot review up gamespot review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is a game i would actually go to a midnight release for. Shame the chance of that ever happening outside of Japan is slim and none. In work all day today thinking about this game, what is wrong with me. If anyone has word of some shop breaking release date, please let it be known!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is a game i would actually go to a midnight release for. Shame the chance of that ever happening outside of Japan is slim and none. In work all day today thinking about this game, what is wrong with me. If anyone has word of some shop breaking release date, please let it be known!

Actually Japan don't really do midnight openings (or at least they didn't for the Dragon Quest / Monster Hunter launches I've seen over there) so no chance if it happening anywhere :P

That said, pre-order from Gamestop.ie with express delivery and you may well have it on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Anyone know how much this will cost in brick and mortar shops in dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They\re doing it in Vancouver. I'm still undecided whether I'll go or not. I have 2 hours...

I'm really hoping to see an email from Gamestop saying my order has been dispatched today. I'm off on Thursday and Friday, and really don't want to have to come in and pickup the game. And if it's not sent out by Friday....there'll be hell to pay i tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Reading the reviews, i think i'll be picking up 2 extra joypads.

Reading the reviews, i think i'll be picking up 2 extra joypads.

I'm actually kind of worried about this, especially considering i broke a joypad playing Fifa last night...and this is a whole different ball game on frustration levels. :(

Feckin hell lads! Breaking joypads!?!?

Perhaps sip some Camolmile tea whilst playing :P

Feckin hell lads! Breaking joypads!?!?

Perhaps sip some Camolmile tea whilst playing :P

Your not a real gamer till you've experienced nerd rage. It's an occupational hazard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Getting quite hyped about this now, cant wait to play it! :)

For people that have ordered from Gamestop and chosen express delivery, when do you generally get e-mail confirmation of your order being despatched? I presume once that happens you should have it the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

So ****ing hyped. But also ****ign terrified after i read that theres a boss thats
    Basically fighting flamelurker and allant at the same time

Sweet jesus thats gonna be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Wasnt going to bother with this as I've far too many games to finish and a lot on this gaming season............ but after seeing some of the reviews I had to buy it. Roll on Friday I cant wait.

Demon Souls was a punisher for me and I never got to finish it. Lets hope I stick with Dark Souls.

• Advertisement

Question for the Gamestop pre-order crowd.

The only pal version of the game is the Special Edition right? I mean theres no chance of me not getting the extra goodies as long as I order now?

Advertisement