Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Schumacher Suffers Serious Head Injury In Skiing Accident

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

No. I was the one who started this thread and its wasn't for tasteless jokes. It was to discuss the accident of one of the great sports people of our time. So I would ask for a bit of respect please.

Maybe you shouldnt have started thread in AH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

rwg wrote: »

But why does every similar thread have to result in moronic comments? Just idiots hiding behind a computer screen trying to be something they are not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

His death was only hoaxed two days ago,
    http://en.mediamass.net/people/michael-schumacher/deathhoax.html

Self fulfilling prophecy?

Hope he can pull through, greatest driver of my generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

AH isn't an excuse for a free for all.

Shocking news, hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

The vast majority of people in AH are perfectly capable of having a rational discussion without the need for tasteless jokes.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    But why does every similar thread have to result in moronic comments? Just idiots hiding behind a computer screen trying to be something they are not.

Horses for courses - maybe this horse shouldn't go round this course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

wazky wrote: »
    Tbh id say he has more concerns at this time then someone making puns on his current plight.

Obviously. I just always think its a shame when people start making jokes about someone thats in a critical condition. Call me a square if you like, but there's no real need for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Doesnt mean that you have to be a dick about someone being seriously ill. Grow up, would you.

Get well soon Schumi.

Uses insults like 'dick'

Tells people to grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

The off topic jibes stop here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hope he pulls through, I'm not a fan of F1 or anything but he's a young guy and has a young family so I hope he makes it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

The man is a legend. Made F1 exciting. Hope he pulls through. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Its quite a big news story. A lot of people (including me) didnt realise how serious it was so I wanted to share what I knew. I also thought it might be a useful thread as others could post information they've heard.

TBH I dont know why I even have to defend myself. A legend, but more importantly a father is in hospital fighting for his life and you're arguing over why you can't joke about that. Seriously if you dont care about the man dont post. I do. Ironically I was never a Schumacher fan but I could always appreciate he was an F1 legend and I was lucky enough to witness his career.

Lets hope he can pull off one more victory and pull through this.

Uses insults like 'dick'

Tells people to grow up.

Exactly. Glad you understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It doesn't sound good - says he suffered a serious brain trauma. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swangirl

Glued to sky and here. Will be up all night for news, c'mon schumey please pull through x

Its quite a big news story. A lot of people (including me) didnt realise how serious it was so I wanted to share what I knew. I also thought it might be a useful thread as others could post information they've heard.

TBH I dont know why I even have to defend myself. A legend, but more importantly a father is in hospital fighting for his life and you're arguing over why you can't joke about that. Seriously if you dont care about the man dont post. I do. Ironically I was never a Schumacher fan but I could always appreciate he was an F1 legend and I was lucky enough to witness his career.

Lets hope he can pull off one more victory and pull through this.

I have no desire to joke about it - I just take great offence to op's who start threads and then attempt to dictate the responses

Yeah same here, I'm glued to the news and Twitter. Was a massive F1 fan back in the 90s. Never a fan of him in those days but he went up alot in my eyes when he came back in 2010. Obviously loved racing and missed doing what he loved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

How awful.

Isn't this the same type of accident that killed both Sonny Bono and Natasha Richardson?

Really hope the poor guy pulls through.

Sonny Bono hit a tree and died instantly. Natasha Richardson was completely lucid after her accident and refused medical attention. Schumacher was conscious too, and his injuries sound very similar, but hopefully the fact that he was immediately brought to hospital will make a big difference. I remember reading somewhere that Natasha Richardson could have recovered from her accident if the bleeding had been detected earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

RayM wrote: »
    Sonny Bono hit a tree and died instantly. Natasha Richardson was completely lucid after her accident and refused medical attention. Schumacher was conscious too, and his injuries sound very similar, but hopefully the fact that he was immediately brought to hospital will make a big difference. I remember reading somewhere that Natasha Richardson could have recovered from her accident if the bleeding had been detected earlier.

I'm nearly sure it got the better of one of the Kennedy boys too..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

swangirl wrote: »
    Glued to sky and here. Will be up all night for news, c'mon schumey please pull through x
    PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yeah same here, I'm glued to the news and Twitter. Was a massive F1 fan back in the 90s. Never a fan of him in those days but he went up alot in my eyes when he came back in 2010. Obviously loved racing and missed doing what he loved.

Any sort of brain injury like that may take days to get any real updates tbh, he may be being kept in a coma to reduce swelling/pressure on his brain etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It does sound like he has deteriorated which is not good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

He has some of the best doctors looking after him according to the news. Hopefully a full recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

How sad. I really hope he makes it.

That makes sense, hopefully you're right. Big fan and only heard at 10 pm news, am so devastated :(

I'm really hoping that he was put in an induced coma so that his brain can rest and recover as it needs to.

I'm holding onto hope right now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

swangirl wrote: »
    That makes sense, hopefully you're right. Big fan and only heard at 10 pm news, am so devastated :(

Yeah I read the initial reports at about 1o'clock where they were saying it wasn't serious so got a shock at the later news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm really hoping that he was put in an induced coma so that his brain can rest and recover as it needs to.

I'm holding onto hope right now.
    He could have been but if there is a bleed on the brain as being reported thats not good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Dang. For some reason this morning before i heard the news I just thought of checking highlights of the 98 Belgian GP when he rear ended Coulthard, then stormed up to him in the pitlane after.
    Haven't watched F1 in years, but loved him back in his glory days.
    Hope he pulls through.

• Advertisement

Advertisement