Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno XXV - SSFIV:AEv2012 and UMvC3, Dublin 05/05/2012 Exchange, Temple Bar

• 25-04-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭

Inferno will once again be held at Exchange Dublin on Saturday the 5th of May.

Doors open at 10:00, registration will begin at 11:00 and close at 11:45. The tournament itself will start at 12:30. We should be finished up around 17:30.

Entry fee: €5 for venue fee and €5 per tournament.

We’ll be running on 360. Seeding is based on the last Inferno tournament results. Please bring your own controller/converter!

Tournament Rules and Format
    Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

Format is as follows, a seeded double elimination bracket from the start.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 sets and each set is best of 3 rounds.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to acommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after losing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to the character(s) they started the set with and may only change if they lose the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character(s) used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. All alt costumes are soft banned. A player can request that both characters have to use the default costume.

9. No white track suits please.

Someone will need to collect the key from Exchange on the Friday night to ensure we can open on time on Saturday morning.

Also, I'm working that Saturday so someone else will have to run the tournament.

Will you be there? 12 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    bushK.O.KikiUberPrinny_BaalanimaXDoyler01Speed BoatThe HoundJun_DP101NaphielladnopokaRaawronLythero 12 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Also, we need to get the monitors from the SU in Trinity. It's not too much of a walk if a couple of people get it though.

Also, Marvel and SF4? Anyone actually pushed about SFxT?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Also, Marvel and SF4? Anyone actually pushed about SFxT?

I'm definitely not (or about Marvel :P); but I thought you were a fan of the Gems yourself Doom?

I'm definitely not (or about Marvel :P); but I thought you were a fan of the Gems yourself Doom?

I don't mind it, but I'm more about continuing the Irish FG scene and gem fighter seems to be a hype black hole tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I don't think SFxT will bring in the numbers to replace Marvel. Leave it for DoC I reckon.

Just realised I can't make it this month, my mam is having some surgery that weekend so I need to be home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    sfxt>marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No chance sfxt should be there over Marvel.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Can we do a vote on the second game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

No
    Should be there and I got a new monitor I can bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Gonna have to wait and see if I can make this

Exams and such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

My exams start a week later so i don't think i'll show.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

No
    Ex plus alpha as second game please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Hound wrote: »
    Ex plus alpha as second game please

You'll have to bring in my copy of it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

No
    I've got a confession to make. Upon looking through my bag I noticed I have an xbox VGA cable. It's definitely not mine and I must've packed it away with the rest of my xbox that I supplied for the Evo Qualifier. Hopefully I'll be able to attend this and return the cable asap.

Oh, and Marvel obviously gets all my votes.

Hope your mum makes a speedy recovery, Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

No
    I actually can't make this Inferno.

Someday I'll be able to make one of our MVC tourneys!

So who is manning up to get the key and run the tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You'd best also man up and get your TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    I'll be there for ae

Aj can i get my xbox off you that I left in goldsmith hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Voa wrote: »
    You'd best also man up and get your TVs.

I said i'd get the TVs ove, problem is i have two more exams this week but if the touney is going ahead i can go in saturday morning and bring them over, possibly withthe help of a few bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    I said i'd get the TVs ove, problem is i have two more exams this week but if the touney is going ahead i can go in saturday morning and bring them over, possibly withthe help of a few bodies?

I can come and help lift things in the morning, it would give me an excuse to not sleep in quite so much.

You have my number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    Aj can i get my xbox off you that I left in goldsmith hall?

Not sure when I'll be in town next Jun. I doubt I'll make this inferno. Send me a pm to make arrangements. I know Brian will be in Dublin at the weekend but you may have to take a trip to meet him - etc. pm me anyway.

So who's going to get the key on Friday night?

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Not sure when I'll be in town next Jun. I doubt I'll make this inferno. Send me a pm to make arrangements. I know Brian will be in Dublin at the weekend but you may have to take a trip to meet him - etc. pm me anyway.

Normally yes but not this weekend. Otherwise I'd be at Inferno.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

maybe you guys should hold this at the xgc, cut down on alot of the hassle involved since the people normally running it arent gonna be there.

Lads whatever happens, please make sure someone goes into the exchange tomorrow and let them know what's going on and someone please try and help the trinity people out. I would be I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    what time yous gonna be in trinity tmrw

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

No
    I'd help out but I'm pretty busy / stressed with exams..

Should this inferno be cancelled or wha? I was up for coming but as I might have to leave early I'm not up for running it.

By the looks of this thread this inferno is looking rough..

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Got the community stuff back to the exchange, it was just 4 monitors and 4 sets of speakers AJ? Thanks for all the offers of help from people anyway though, i just happened to have an hour and two bodies to spare so got it out of the road.

I went to ask about the key, but they didn't have the spare then, and i ended up having to head home early cause i have work, so sorry! Chopper, they said if nobody can get in for the key to ring them by 9pm or so and they'll sort somebody to come in when you want them to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Got the community stuff back to the exchange, it was just 4 monitors and 4 sets of speakers AJ? .

Yup, Pints will be given (Standard unit of payment). Thanks!

• Advertisement

Is anyone going to be able to get the key later and turn up tomorrow morning?

Advertisement