Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Even if that is him, it's possible that they just cut that scene in at that point in the movie, that it was made as an establishing shot when the team arrive on that bridge.

It might even be a reversed shot from earlier on...

Or it's possible that them being a covert secret agency they faked his death to unite the avengers on a common cause. He'd lost a lot of blood, but how often do we see it in tv shows, novels and films where a character is killed but it's just a sleight of hand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Even if that is him, it's possible that they just cut that scene in at that point in the movie, that it was made as an establishing shot when the team arrive on that bridge.

It might even be a reversed shot from earlier on...

no hills walks away from fury and that agen hands her a floder then walks up to fury

i made a vid but i've no link that works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Jernal wrote: »
    Or it's possible that them being a covert secret agency they faked his death to unite the avengers on a common cause. He'd lost a lot of blood, but how often do we see it in tv shows, novels and films where a character is killed but it's just a sleight of hand. :)

at the beginning fury tells the councilthe supes would need a push to get them going, then he said that coulson's death was the push they needed then he dipped the cards in his blood, the docs got to him just as furey called him dead sure they have a flying aircraft carrier they must have doctors for stab wounds. also he's best buds with pepper yet she's not sad at the end
    and hawkeye let loki off lightly considering he killed his mate
    i'm gonna make a vid and host it on photo bucket to show what i mean

Tigger wrote: »
    i'm sure i saw him at the end

577221_10151612679870341_791955340_24338356_2123057554_n.jpg

it was clearer in the cinema

I thought it looked like him when I saw it in the cinema but I really doubt it. If it turns out that he is alive and the team finds out then surely it would seriously undermine the whole S.H.I.E.L.D/Avengers dynamic. It's clear that all of the Avengers have doubts about Fury and what he says and to find out that he lied to and manipulated them in such a way would cause serious problems.
    Anybody know what the deal was with the blond girl the camera lingered on a couple of times in the final fight? She also speaks at the end, on one of the new reports thanking Captain America. I recognise the actress from some other stuff and the camera lingering on her made me think her character was an easter egg.

I'm thinking that she may play some part in Cap's story or it's what went through my head when the camera lingered just that lil bit too long and then we saw her later. I'm thinking she may be Peggy's granddaughter or something like that. Or it could be nothing more than an editor liking the shot and letting it play out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

623ebeb6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Anybody know what the deal was with the blond girl the camera lingered on a couple of times in the final fight? She also speaks at the end, on one of the new reports thanking Captain America. I recognise the actress from some other stuff and the camera lingering on her made me think her character was an easter egg.
    I'm thinking that she may play some part in Cap's story or it's what went through my head when the camera lingered just that lil bit too long and then we saw her later. I'm thinking she may be Peggy's granddaughter or something like that. Or it could be nothing more than an editor liking the shot and letting it play out.

According to Kevin Feige [from an interview he does in the latest Empire Magazine podcast], she was a Whedonite, basically cast as she had worked with Joss before in Dollhouse. Her role was simply to show the public's gratitude to The Avengers, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I thought that was a little suspicious as it showed her a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

dreamers75 wrote: »
    My kid said Loki was lucky they all spoke english :p

Any time I've been to Germany everyone I met spoke English.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Someone said to me that Peggy's granddaughter is the SHIELD agent played by Cobie Smulders, or maybe more well known as Robin from How I Met Your Mother :D

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Someone said to me that Peggy's granddaughter is the SHIELD agent played by Cobie Smulders, or maybe more well known as Robin from How I Met Your Mother :D

Ms Hill? I don't know her canon all too well but I don't think there's any blood lineage between herself and Peggy. They could always make up one. Whedon did say that one of his biggest cutting regrets was cutting the scene where the Cap reunites with Peggy. He described it as very poignant but breaking the flow so it had to be chopped. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Nope but the girl that Cap awakes to in his own movie is a grandaughter of Peggy...Maria Hill is who eventually takes over Furys spot in the comics and is a big part of civil war

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Saw it yesterday. So much to say....

I'll wait 'til I've calmed down a bit though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

best film I've seen in a long, long time. There were 3-4 different points where the audience laughed out loud in surprise, how often does that happen in movies today, something surprises you like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

very good and fair play to wheddon and ruffalo but delivered impressively of course iron man stole the film for me would love to see wheddon tackle an iron man film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Giovanna Freezing Postage

Seen it yesterda and almost 24 hours later I'm still buzzing with excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,995 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

i loved when thor came out of nowhere to save the black widow from the hulk and pretty much fought him to a stalemate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

very good and fair play to wheddon and ruffalo but delivered impressively of course iron man stole the film for me would love to see wheddon tackle an iron man film
    aw man your in the minority there id say, hulk was the man in this film, banner and hulk were played to perfection, ruffalo should have been hulk all along, "puny god"

seen this twice and im really debating going to see it again, and this time stay till the very end and watch them eat swark,

i wonder how sales of swark will do after the yanks see this, i should have invested in a swark shop last week:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

i loved when thor came out of nowhere to save the black widow from the hulk and pretty much fought him to a stalemate

No way!! The hulk would totally have smashed him up if the fighter jet hadn't intervened! Also Hulk smashing up the jet was brilliant and the pilots reaction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sharwama only in the american one afaik.

Going to see it again on saturday, have to agree Hulk is the man in this one. iron man a close second.

I still giggle at "puny god" and when Hulk and Thor land after killing the big beastie ...heh heh heh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Just back from the second viewing. Still just as good and better in 2D. Just noticed at the end when they are doing an interview with the girl from the café, her name tag said Ann (I think) which got me thinking of Buffy when she ran away after killing Angel and changed her name to Ann and worked in the café. They had the same uniform if I remember correctly. Also the collapse of SHIELD at the start was very like when Sunnydale got swallowed in the last episode.

Just back from the second viewing. Still just as good and better in 2D. Just noticed at the end when they are doing an interview with the girl from the café, her name tag said Ann (I think) which got me thinking of Buffy when she ran away after killing Angel and changed her name to Ann and worked in the café. They had the same uniform if I remember correctly. Also the collapse of SHIELD at the start was very like when Sunnydale got swallowed in the last episode.

Shield was built on a hellmouth!? A Buffy/Avengers crossover on the cards?:D

Jernal wrote: »
    Shield was built on a hellmouth!? A Buffy/Avengers crossover on the cards?:D

Now that would be amazing! Black Widow versus Buffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Comic books... crossover??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hell, somehow Whedon even managed to deal with Robert Downey Jnr's Tony Stark, by not letting him steal the screen, but having him share it.

I think that's because Whedon is just about the most perfect guy to balance ensemble casts

*goes to watch Serenity again*

• Registered Users Posts: 81,117 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote: »
    pixelburp wrote: »
    Watching that clip made me realise something: I don't give a fig about the actual Avengers, I'm most looking forward to seeing Agent Coulson in action. His dry, sarcastic & deadpan ass-kickery is so much enjoyable than the OTT, over-choreographed antics of the superheroes. I think there's something wrong with me smile.gif

Oh god

He's going to be Whedon'd, isn't he.
    Oh GOD DAMN IT, past-me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,117 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Probably just so you could link her between the fight and the news scene, tbh. Whedon was kinda clear about not wanting to screw anything up for the individual franchises.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh GOD DAMN IT, past-me :mad:
    Yes, you called it. Still a bit annoyed about Coulson being offed like that; man didn't even get to kick any arse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Hate to be a buzzkill, but it said Beth.

• Advertisement

kiddums wrote: »
    Hate to be a buzzkill, but it said Beth.

Ah crap did it? Thanks :p

Advertisement