Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSc in Management of Information Systems (Trinity College)

• 15-06-2010 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello guys,
    I am wondering if anybody here studied this course in past.

I would like to do this course in part time next September and wondering if anybody can provide me any information about it.

What is the size of classes?
    How are lecturers?
    What about exams and assignment (Hard/Easy)?
    What happens if I miss classes sometimes? (As I have to do site visit around Ireland and may miss some classes)

Is there any parking or car park spaces available for students from 6-9pm which is free or cheap around Trinity college?

Can I pay tuition fee by instalment i.e. 2 payments,,,one in September one in January?

and finally is it worth doing this course for two years?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

julius128 wrote: »
    Hello guys,
    I am wondering if anybody here studied this course in past.

I would like to do this course in part time next September and wondering if anybody can provide me any information about it.

What is the size of classes?
    How are lecturers?
    What about exams and assignment (Hard/Easy)?
    What happens if I miss classes sometimes? (As I have to do site visit around Ireland and may miss some classes)

Is there any parking or car park spaces available for students from 6-9pm which is free or cheap around Trinity college?

Can I pay tuition fee by instalment i.e. 2 payments,,,one in September one in January?

and finally is it worth doing this course for two years?

Thanks in advance

I did this course a few years ago. There were about 40 in the class. We were split up into groups of 4/5 for assignments. The main focus is the dissertation at the end. There was an open book exam on each module at the end of year 1 and dissertation in year to. It was hard work but pretty easy going. lecturers were mainly business people and some college staff. Exams were difficult enough but passable. Parking in Merrion Sq is free after 7pm AFAIK which is a close walk to the college. No sure about fees - the college can tell you that.

Main topic of the course was development of a business plan, and the procurement process. I missed a good few classes due to work and there was no problem as long as the work was done and you made the presentations. it is geared towards people working full time so they expect this. I got a lot out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annettemorr

In response to your posting, I am about to start in Year 2 of the said course. There are 4 subjects in year 1. Its all listed on the Trinity Website.(Strategic Management/Social Impact/Suppliers/Buyers) You work in groups so I found this beneficial. Exams in year 1 are ok as you have time to research. I believe you have to attend a quota number of hours, not sure though.

You can pay in 2 installments. The initial payment and then college send you out the invoice for the rest sometime in the new year. College will fill you in on this.

Apologies have no idea re parking in Dublin, got the bus....Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭outlooks

In response to your posting, I am about to start in Year 2 of the said course. There are 4 subjects in year 1. Its all listed on the Trinity Website.(Strategic Management/Social Impact/Suppliers/Buyers) You work in groups so I found this beneficial. Exams in year 1 are ok as you have time to research. I believe you have to attend a quota number of hours, not sure though.

You can pay in 2 installments. The initial payment and then college send you out the invoice for the rest sometime in the new year. College will fill you in on this.

Apologies have no idea re parking in Dublin, got the bus....Best of luck! :)

Hi,

I am thinking about taking this MSc as well so I was wondering how was the second year and if you found this MSc helpful and a good investment?

Thank you

Advertisement