Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clamping by Management Company

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Consistently? I wouldn't call your guff and rubbish coherent either. Its one tracked and blinkered.
    More abuse, and yet you're still avoiding Paulw's point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Anan1 wrote: »
    Consistently? I wouldn't call your guff and rubbish coherent either. Its one tracked and blinkered.
    Where's the abuse in that?
    And if paulw has an issue let him take it up with me

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You're still avoiding his point. You've made it clear that you disagree with him, and yet you seem either unable or unwilling to articulate why. Having a go at me is a complete red herring - answer the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

You're consistently avoiding addressing Paulw's points. Telling him he's 'talking through his backside' is no substitute for a coherent argument. If you think he's wrong then why not explain why?

You're consistently arguing with other regular contributors and ruining threads. I don't see the necessity in same and can't understand how it's been allowed to continue. How you were ever made a mod is beyond me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You're still avoiding his point. You've made it clear that you disagree with him, and yet you seem either unable or unwilling to articulate why. Having a go at me is a complete red herring - answer the man!
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    You're consistently arguing with other regular contributors and ruining threads. I don't see the necessity in same and can't understand how it's been allowed to continue. How you were ever made a mod is beyond me TBH.

This ends now.Take it to PM if ye got issues with each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

FWIW..
    I have dealings with several different management companies and noticed some of them introducing yellow lines, permits and clamping etc. recently. I asked how does the relationship work between the clampers and development regarding parking areas and the monies collected. In short, I was told that the clampers were introduced to the site because people were parking all over the place and non residents were parking their cars there whenever they liked and heading into town on the luas. But the clamping company get to keep ALL the monies they collect. The clampers usually make a killing for the first couple of weeks then people get the message and the take drops off dramatically, but they still have to patrol regularly at the clamping companies cost. I was also told that once the rules are set out i.e. permit holders only, parking spaces only etc, clamp all others, the management company have little or nothing to do with it anymore and cant ring up to have clamps removed on illegally parked cars.
    The issueing of permits is entirely down to the management company, but they must operate within the remit of the tenancy lease agreement, which if I remember correctly can allow the management to restrict certain facilities to anyone not up to date with their fees, e.g. rubbish disposal, car parking access etc.
    There is a big difference between not wanting to pay at all and holding back payment on the basis of poor service (usually this would be a group thing unless you have an individual valid reason) or not having finances to pay. If its the not able to pay, then you must pay what you can by agreement, this will usually resolve access to facilities issues. The other two can be trickier and depending on why you are not paying, I would be adviseing seeking legal advise to deal with the issues if communication between you and the management have broken down.

Hope some of that is useful.

Advertisement