Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭GIMP

GIMP wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    I am unable to get onto My Tesco page from my phone via Tesco 3g to check my usage. No problem getting onto it with wifI or another network provider. What's the issue here?

Paul any update on this, its seriously inconvenient not being able to check usage from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

... Nothing concrete for plan changes and the network upgrades are mid year. ...

Hi Paul
    Any plans yet for data roaming packages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    Any plans yet for data roaming packages?

Hi lil5

Yes, working on this at the moment.

regards
    Paul

Paul any update on this, its seriously inconvenient not being able to check usage from my phone.

Hi GIMP,

Its raised with our tech team. Likely wont be resolved until new year as we are in a no change period at the moment to protect Christmas expereince for customers.

regards
    Paul

Hi GIMP,

Its raised with our tech team. Likely wont be resolved until new year as we are in a no change period at the moment to protect Christmas expereince for customers.

regards
    Paul

HI Paul
    Surely it would only be a case of removing the barring on the Selfcare url imposed by Tesco, it seems crazy that I can check my minutes from another provides phone but not my Tesco phone.
    In the interest of maintaining my customer experience over xmas I would like the ability to check my account from my handset directly. As a new Tesco bill pay customer I would assume this most basic function would be available as it is for pre pay customers as they have Ussd codes.

• Advertisement

It's not that simple but we are looking at it. Regards Paul

Hi Paul
    Is there a problem this morning on the network?

Had Internet access briefly about 6:45, but since then it doesn't seem to be working.

Hi Paul
    Is there a problem this morning on the network?

Had Internet access briefly about 6:45, but since then it doesn't seem to be working.

Tech team looking at this at the moment.

Tech team looking at this at the moment.

Network back working now. Thanks.

Network back working now. Thanks.

Yes, issue is resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Hi PAul

Thinking of switching to TescoMobile €10 Capped Monthly Plan. Can I purchase a data bundle from that €10. Or do I have top up by another €10 each month to purchase a data bundle.

Thanks

gripcasey wrote: »
    Hi PAul

Thinking of switching to TescoMobile €10 Capped Monthly Plan. Can I purchase a data bundle from that €10. Or do I have top up by another €10 each month to purchase a data bundle.

Thanks

On capped plans you have to topup to buy a bundle. Your €10 subscription converts to €30 tariff credit that can be used for calls, texts, picture messages and data. But international, roaming, premium and bundles require extra topup to purchase.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Hi, Paul is the any plans to have more price plans for the samsung galaxy s2 on bill pay I like the look of the €35 /500 mins plan.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭billbond4

Is their a possiblity to buy an unlimited text bundle on post pay?

Yes, this was opened up last Jan/Feb timeframe. Will look into this..

Paul you never got back to me on this (not able to receive mms from 3 Ireland) of course when I contacted them (3 Irl) they insist nothing is wrong. The week the agreement was announced last Jan/feb between the networks I remember testing and it didn't work back then either. Any chance you could raise this with Fujitsu to investigate with 3.

Paul you never got back to me on this (not able to receive mms from 3 Ireland) of course when I contacted them (3 Irl) they insist nothing is wrong. The week the agreement was announced last Jan/feb between the networks I remember testing and it didn't work back then either. Any chance you could raise this with Fujitsu to investigate with 3.

Hi GIMP, yes sorry I did follow up with our tech team who investigated and 3 did have a problem on their side with one of the SMS links to us which would have caused an intermittent issue. A ticket was opened with them. Let me follow up on this. regards Paul

Also to follow up on the other item regarding not being able to view My Tesco Mobile via Tesco Mobile Data - the team are working on this and I expect a resolution after Christmas.

We are also looking to introduce a text app where you can check your balances ata any time from the phone.

regards
    Paul

Appreciate the update Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Quick question if I may to Paul? :)

Phone: HTC Radar (Windows Phone) with Tesco sim (PAYG) + 1GB data bundle

Problem: Can't download from the Marketplace. It always says - "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable at the moment. Try again later" - Yet it works on wi-fi (Meteor and O2).

Regular internet browsing is perfectly fine by the way.

Is this a Tesco data issue or a Microsoft issue or something else?

Thanks in advance :)

• Advertisement

Hi Paul

Mms problem seems to be resolved now. Now when I get access to Selfcare I will be a Tesco lifer :)

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Quick question if I may to Paul? :)

Phone: HTC Radar (Windows Phone) with Tesco sim (PAYG) + 1GB data bundle

Problem: Can't download from the Marketplace. It always says - "The Windows Live ID service is unavailable at the moment. Try again later" - Yet it works on wi-fi (Meteor and O2).

Regular internet browsing is perfectly fine by the way.

Is this a Tesco data issue or a Microsoft issue or something else?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi there

It should work. Only think I noticed on Windows 7 phones is that there seems to be nowhere to set MMS settings but this shouldnt matter in this case.

We dont have any proxy settings so as long as our apn (tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com) is set in the right place it should work.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Thanks Paul, I might reset the phone to see if that does any good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 nadel302008

Hi Paul !!!

Im a verry happy Tesco customer and would like to know if there are plans to do broadband Internet for the PC at home:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Is one charged 20 cent on Tesco Mobile everytime customer care representatives are called?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Hi Paul !!!

Im a verry happy Tesco customer and would like to know if there are plans to do broadband Internet for the PC at home:cool:

I think Paul mentioned mid 2012 for a Mobile Broadband Product launch,only 3G speeds currently.;)

billbond4 wrote: »
    Is their a possiblity to buy an unlimited text bundle on post pay?

Hi billbond

Not at the moment but we are looking at Pay Monthly addons early next year.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul !!!

Yes we are looking at mobile broadband in 2012.

du Maurier wrote: »
    Is one charged 20 cent on Tesco Mobile everytime customer care representatives are called?

Yes its 20c per call (not per minute) or 1 minute from your Pay Monthly minutes bundle.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Hi Paul.
    Looking for internet/mms settings for Acer S120 (liquid metal mt), but couldn't find the model on the Tescomobile support pages.

Could you possibly add them or let me know the settings.

Many thanks

Advertisement