Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Dublin Bus Ticket Inspectors Exist?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

markpb wrote:
    There was a thread about this over on P11 last year and someone mentioned a book that the inspectors can carry to check people's names and addresses, no idea if its just a glorified phone book though.
    Thom's Directory, based on the register of electors.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hypothetically speaking suppose you said you don't live in Ireland and actually live in london?

(I don't condone fare dodgers!)

Red Alert wrote:
    Hypothetically speaking suppose you said you don't live in Ireland and actually live in london?

(I don't condone fare dodgers!)
    Then you are likely to either have made either agenuine mistake or have formal ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've lived in various parts of North Dublin for 5 years and I only ever saw ticket inspectors on the Santry route (3, 16, 16a). For the year I lived in that part of Dublin, there were at least 6 or 7 inspections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Victor wrote:
    Thom's Directory, based on the register of electors.
    They carry that? I'd class that as a concealed weapon, almost. I am guessing many fare dodgers aren't registered to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭Sarn

I used to see them on the 46A bus route all the time (years ago). Haven't seen one in a few years as I don't get the bus as much now.

They carry that?
    The enforcement types, not the ordinary fare checkers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I get the bus to work every day (from Artane) and have seen a fair few inspectors. It varies. Usually once a month, but I have gone well over six months without seeing one. (not that I count, it's an estimation!) I usually use Rambler tickets but often when I've been paying, my ticket has the wrong fare/destination on it. That annoys me since I'd be the one picked on if an inspector got on. "No, no.. count the change box- they'll be 60c too much, I swear.." Yeah, right. I generally see them in the morning between 8am-10am, very rarely did i see one later on. Perhaps they are reverse vampires and can't go out after dark. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I live in Drumcondra and I get the us to work every day. There is normally an inspector on one of my buses at least once every 2 months.

Most of the inspectors are fine, but I got this real w****r one time, I was on the bus coming back from school, in my full school uniform at 1.00pm on a Wednesday, Rugby day, I gave him my scholar card and my USIT Scholar ID, he said that the ID wasn't valid as it wasn't issued by DB and he fined me.

I was so annoyed that , when I got home I got my dad, who's an Irish Rail GP, to contact someone in CIE and the inspector was called into the garage to explain why he fined someone who was obviously on their way home from school

jahalpin wrote:
    I was on the bus coming back from school, in my full school uniform at 1.00pm on a Wednesday, Rugby day, I gave him my scholar card and my USIT Scholar ID, he said that the ID wasn't valid as it wasn't issued by DB and he fined me.
    Who issued the other scholar card?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I think he means the Scholar 2 Easy card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    I take the 66/67/67a/x/n a fair bit, and I've never seen an inspector.
    I always save 2 yoyos on the nightlink and the regular bus by throwing them some coppers, or just saying 95 cents, or else lying and saying im going to Lucan. :)

That must make you very proud of yourself :rolleyes:

Does it not bother you that honest people around you have paid 1.55 or 4 quid or whatever? You'll get caught some day and the fine will be greater than all the money you've saved by scamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

I saw a pair of them recently in Ballsbridge. I think that they were preparing to fly south for the winter.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Ballsbridge..!!!.......With Funderland in full swing.....Hmmmmm whatever species you espied there I can assure you it was NOT the lesser spotted Bus Inspector.

Unless.....Unless........Unlessss they were out of their area and boarded a Number 4,not wanting to admit they did`nt know where it went..???? :eek: :) :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Advertisement