Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iec question

• 29-09-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

I'm new to boards but I have been following the IEC threads for months now and they really helped me when I was applying back in March and luckily i got my place (my WTN was like 1800 and something). I received my POE back in April sometime, and so I have until April 2015 to activate it. The thing is since then I have started a college course as I was hoping to do a year in college first before going to Canada but my exams are in may, I was thinking of flying over for a few days in February to activate the work permit then fly back home to take my exams, has anyone done anything like that before? Do you think there would be many questions asked when I get to Canada? And also would I be able to defer my second year in college? Any help would be great thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah you can enter Canada on the 2 year visa, then fly home again and return later, but do be aware you're eating into the 2 years when you're not in Canada, so say you go in Feburary 2015 you have until Feb 2017 before your visa runs out. If you're ok with losing a few months of the visa time go for it though, cos if you don't use the visa at all they wont give you another one.

Advertisement