Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3DS StreetPass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

Tend to get hits around Dundrum Shopping Centre. McDonald's is another good spot to pass through. Anywhere where the youth of today go. Was going to start loitering around playgrounds and schools but I don't think it would be worth the trouble. "What's that man doing over there? He keeps looking at the kids and putting his hand in his pocket!" "I can't tell but he may be just Streetpassing..."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got the "first mii encounter in a while" achievement today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Any decent games out now for 3ds?? Might pick one up again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hokey moley! I got a street pass from PrincessPeach! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

We're you on the bus? I cleared mine when I got on so must have been after that!

Atari Jaguar :D

• Advertisement

We're you on the bus? I cleared mine when I got on so must have been after that!

Atari Jaguar :D

It wasn't actually me that met you though. Herself has it on her commute for the sole purpose of playing Layton (only game series she's really loved in the last few years). She's goes from Heuston to Temple Bar every morning and evening so it must have been somewhere on that route....unless you're outside my house right now :eek:

By the way, love the NES hat you have there! Haven't seen that one before! :)
    ...also, thought you were over in Canada?

Hmmmmm well I cleared mine when I got on the bus... Who knows where it was.

Nope moved back to Ireland last month. Working in the city centre now.

I have ALL the hats. Still missing one puzzle pieces though ¬_¬

Damo I hope your not falling for that spotpass story :D

Thinking of getting a 3ds again what's paper mario like??

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Any decent games out now for 3ds?? Might pick one up again
    What games do you already have? Both resident evil games are pretty good, heard mario cart is great. Zelda is brill. The 3ds version of the sims is crap. Ghost recon is also worth a look. Didn't like starfox personally but a lot of people do. Street fighter's also an alright game

• Advertisement

Thinking of getting a 3ds again what's paper mario like??
    Eoin247 wrote: »
    What games do you already have? Both resident evil games are pretty good, heard mario cart is great. Zelda is brill. The 3ds version of the sims is crap. Ghost recon is also worth a look. Didn't like starfox personally but a lot of people do. Street fighter's also an alright game

Yep you heard right, Mario Kart 7 for 3ds is an absolute killer app, I never get tired of playing it since getting it 15 months ago, I still pick it up every day, so much replay value, especially trying to unlock all the different characters, karts, and customizations, plus the challenge of getting 3-star ratings in mirror mode. The online dimension is a never-ending source of fun and entertainment, you can never get tired of racing karters from around the world.

The other Mario games are great fun too - New Super Mario Bros 2 (great 2d platforming fun, with an excellent streetpass competitive feature for added longevity), Super Mario 3D Land (wonderful variety of imaginative levels), and Paper Mario Sticker Star (apparently not as good as the previous PM games but I love it's charm and colourful graphics - it lacks the RPG elements and no streetpass feature [could have been good for sticker-swapping?] but it's still very enjoyable IMO, I like the sticker collecting and discovering their powers in battle). Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is well worth a look, and Virtue's Last Reward too. And there's a Plethora of games coming out for 3DS this year: Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem: Awakening, new Mario Golf, new Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, not to mention Pokémon X & Y...

Pick up your 3DS, treat yourself to some fun, and play to your heart's content - you know you want to! :)

Well I got the final puzzle piece. All streetpass has left for me is achievements :/

MOAR puzzles please

Well I got the final puzzle piece. All streetpass has left for me is achievements :/

MOAR puzzles please
    Lucky you! I've about a hundred or so to go....don't suppose I could arrange for you to pass smokingwoman every day on your way to work by any chance?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've all the pink pieces, and 70 regular pieces to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

MOAR puzzles please

Jealous :(

There should be a Fire Emblem puzzle coming imminently, and there's a new Mii Plaza game rumoured (or was it officially announced?) in summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Was in town for hours today. 7 or 8. Thronged streets at the Big Day Out in Merrion sq. Disney store was mobbed. Grafton Street and college green bustling with the kind of happy families you see in a Mariokart or WiiParty ad.

One measly hit. And that was probably the Gamestop I walked past.

Did St. Patrick drive all the 3DSes out with the snakes?

My guess is that people don't let their kids take the 3DSs out with them, or the kids aren't interested in streetpass. And I think some people stop bringing their 3DS because of the lack of hits (I know I did for a while.)

7 pieces of puzzle left now...

I got one yesterday in Castlebar while watching Mayo get beaten by Kildare. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

My guess is that people don't let their kids take the 3DSs out with them, or the kids aren't interested in streetpass. And I think some people stop bringing their 3DS because of the lack of hits (I know I did for a while.)

Kids never take their 3DSes anywhere! I work with them and never get hits!

I'm just back from a week in London. Got a total of 4 hits, from brazil, South Africa, Italy and England. And only one of them had any new pieces for me! It's not like I have a lot either, I have over 100 pieces to get!

One guy I street passed had 2 boards which I didn't have but when I clicked on them to try and get a piece it said "you must get these through spot pass". Any idea what that was about?

gubbie wrote: »
    One guy I street passed had 2 boards which I didn't have but when I clicked on them to try and get a piece it said "you must get these through spot pass". Any idea what that was about?
    Those puzzles have not yet been released in Europe. Americans have already received Fire Emblem and Brain Age puzzles, which have yet to be released here. There are also some additional Japan exclusives that we will probably never see here.

I presume this happened with either the Brazilian or the South African person.

• Advertisement

Aww I didn't realize there were region exclusives, not fair. :( Dying for some new puzzles (although I still need 5 pieces for the Kirby Wii one, 500/505 at the moment). Only got one hit at the parade today, streetpass hits have fallen on hard times, especially since hmv's closure.

4 in the city centre today including 3 in a group around 6pm who seemed to be playing Pokémon. And I would have passed near Gamers World round that time.. Or may have been when my daughter stole some toilet time from sir Edward of rocket.... Anyway, some very well populated pink piece collections. Hooray.

Luigi's Mansion 2 puzzle live on Spotpass btw.

Got a good few Luigi's Mansion puzzle pieces between the two us, but none of the pink ones yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Luigi mansion jigsaw puzzle pieces just start today on 3ds streetpass

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Luigi mansion jigsaw puzzle pieces just start today on 3ds streetpass
    Depends when you downloaded the spotpass, it was live on Saturday, maybe earlier. Anyone get a pink piece? I didn't :(

Banjo wrote: »
    Depends when you downloaded the spotpass, it was live on Saturday, maybe earlier. Anyone get a pink piece? I didn't :(
    No pink pieces yet! Good few blue, Peach has ALL THE BLUE ONES so I should catch up soonish...

Americans received Miyamoto via Spotpass, complete with all puzzle pieces, to coincide with the Luigi's Mansion release. I'm anticipating the same for us but who knows. All pick different pink pieces if this happens! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

ive just receive new updates for my 3ds

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    ive just receive new updates for my 3ds
    Same here. Wonder what it's updated in particular....WiiU chat integration is what I'd love but doubt it.

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Same here. Wonder what it's updated in particular....WiiU chat integration is what I'd love but doubt it.

I think it's mostly performance enhancements, and you don't have to close the eShop application anymore while you download software in sleep mode.

Advertisement