Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shiny Pokémon

• 13-03-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Do you have any Shiny Pokémon? Did you chain them or did you get them off trades? Which ones did you get?

Discuss the Shinies!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I came across a Shiny Golbat in my copy of Sapphire years ago. I EV trained him, gave him great moves and evolved him. Shiny Crobat looks awesome, but his stats were pretty poor! Last I saw, he was sitting in a Box, looking pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

have a shiny zubat myself on emerald. Shiny crobat looks so good. Have a shiny sneasal (hes pink) on diamond. Found him while going into the place where you get rigigas. Was a good hour session that one. Also while chaining, i saw a shiny chansey, but was in the groove of OHKO on chansey that i fainted it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No shinies myself unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

No shinies, I'm far to lazy to go looking for one.
    If they were extra powerful or something, I might be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Stumbled across a BanetteShinySprite.gif, in Sapphire I think. It's pretty cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I caught a shiny Bronzong in Pearl's Turnback Cave. I keep him safe and sound in my Pokemon Ranch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

I have a shiny Charizard that was my starter in Firered, wasn't even properly trying to reset for a shiny, just a good nature and it showed up within 20 mins or so.

I also have a Bidoof that I got from a chain of two! And I was just trying to find a Wobbuffet at the time. Have a shiny Pichu too, two in fact :D

No shinies myself unfortunately :(

Your Latias looks shiny!
    Ciaran* wrote: »
    I have a shiny Charizard that was my starter in Firered, wasn't even properly trying to reset for a shiny, just a good nature and it showed up within 20 mins or so.

Shiny Charizards are black, aren't they? They (and Rayquaza) look awesome as shinies!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mr. K wrote: »
    Your Latias looks shiny!

Oh it is but it's not mine unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think I got a shiny Pidgey way back in Crystal. Other than that though, nothing else (bar the Red Gyarados ofc)

Although I did get the Pokérus in my Japanese Let's Play of Platinum though. And with that being three times as rare as finding a shiny, and no obvious way of realising the Pokémon you're against has it :D

• Advertisement

I got the pokérus too, was delighted when the pokémon centre lady told me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ciaran*

Mr. K wrote: »
    Shiny Charizards are black, aren't they?

Yes, he looks great! I hate the different shade shinies, they should all have a massive difference to the original colour I think.

I got the pokerus a few weeks ago, I was playing on the bus and just hitting A not really paying attention and then 'hey she's saying something different'.

Is the poke radar grass different in Platinum? I've only had a quick go at it and it seems so. I think a DSi XL will really help me do some shiny chaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I have a shiny 'R' Unown of all things, I got it while trying to collect them all for the Hippopotas cave. It's blue.

I've also had shiny Cacturne, Floatzel and I think Pidgeotto as well but traded them away for legendaries. I recently made a shiny Starly faint right at the start of Platinum with an unwanted critical hit :(

I must be lucky because I also caught Pokérus in both Diamond and Platinum. I still have some Pokémon with it preserved in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Have a shiny smoochum I found by chance and a shiny bibarel I also just ran into.

Bad memories:
    shiny abra that teleported away
    shiny wooper in the safari zone that fled

I've never got the Pokérus...:(

A few years ago, one of my friends offered to use to an Action Replay to get me any Shiny I wanted. It was like being offered the answers to a test or something, the temptation and feeling that it'd be morally wrong were overpowering. I said "NAY!" and realised that I need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Caught a shiney F unown in Diamond (while collecting all the letters) and a shiney Pelipper in Platinum - almost ran from him, was just minding my own business making my way to the waterfall outside the E4 cathedral thingy. Grabbed a couple of shineys off the GTS - a Pichu, a Shinx and a Tyrogue - and then there's the recent shiney Pichu they gave away on WiFi. And I was given a shiney Mightyena for moaning about how I'd never caught a shiney :) Tried a bit of chaining in the past but it never worked out for me despite occasionaly getting massive chains going.

I have the Pokerus in Diamond and possibly Platinum. Was traded to me, and I put patient zero on ice in a Pokebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I have a lot of shinys from trading, but these are the ones I've obtained myself though events or random encounters (this is excluding the Red Gyarados in Silver)
    Spr_3e_336_s.gif- Random Encounter in Sapphire
    Spr_4d_399_m_s.png->Spr_4d_400_f_s.png - Random Encounter in Pearl
    Spr_4p_067_s.png->Spr_4d_068_s.png - Random Encounter on Christmas Day in Pearl
    Spr_4p_399_m_s.png- Random Encounter in Pearl
    Spr_4p_459_f_s.png->Spr_4p_460_f_s.png- Random Encounter in Platnium
    Spr_4p_350_m_s.png - VCG Shiny Event London
    Spr_4p_350_m_s.png - VCG Shiny Event Paris
    Spr_4p_172_s.png- Random Encounter in Platnium
    Spr_4p_172_s.png - PCP Shiny Event

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

What's a pokérus btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What's a pokérus btw?

Pokévirus.
    It's a parasite that attaches itself to your Pokémon and helps them grow stronger and faster, it can also spread through out your team.

Buzz, I came across you showing off that Seviper on another forum last night. I was browsing, scrolled past your name and whipped the screen back up to see if it was you. haha

CianRyan wrote: »
    Buzz, I came across you showing off that Seviper on another forum last night. I was browsing, scrolled past your name and whipped the screen back up to see if it was you. haha
    Oh I always show off my shiny Seviper, she's the reason I got into collecting shinys :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Funny that you already had a shiny Pichu before the download event!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I caught a shiny Rattata and Sandshrew in Gold and Silver, and a shiny Beldum in Emerald I think it was.. After that, I don't recall any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Shiny Charizard is absolutely badass...

Have many people done this resetting business to get a Shiny starter? How long does it take, in terms of hours, and could it damage your cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

You get a shiny once every 8000+ times. You can do it, just expect to be restarting for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Had a shiny green Zubat in Pokemon Diamond. Other shinies I've encountered either got away from me or I accidently knocked them out. Have the shiny red Gyarados now in SoulSilver, but thats a storyline one so doesn't really count

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Had a shiny Sentret back in Gold version but no luck since then I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Teferi wrote: »
    You get a shiny once every 8000+ times. You can do it, just expect to be restarting for hours.

Could it potentially damage the cart? I'm thinking of picking up a a copy of Platinum...when you're selecting the Pokemon at the start does it show that its shiny? Or do you have to have it on your team to see?

wayhey wrote: »
    Could it potentially damage the cart? I'm thinking of picking up a a copy of Platinum...when you're selecting the Pokemon at the start does it show that its shiny? Or do you have to have it on your team to see?
    Soft resetting (SRing for short) does not damage your game in any way. Unless you get so fustrated with SRing 8000 times and FLING your DS at the wall.

In HeartGold and SoulSilver you can see the shiny starter on the top screen before you take it S5030961.jpg

In all the previous games you have to start the first battle/access the summary screen before you find out if you have a shiny starter

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Have a Shiny Stantler now, Cherryghost caught it but traded it to me cause he doesn't care too much for shinys

• Advertisement

Denny M wrote: »
    Have a Shiny Stantler now, Cherryghost caught it but traded it to me cause he doesn't care too much for shinys
    Shinys are awesome, I have just under 200 I got in trades/GTS/random catches etc over my DPP games

Advertisement