Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kinder eggs toys

• 08-04-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else feel the toys inside kinder eggs have gotten stupidly easy to make these days?

Justy opened one and all I needed to do was attach a fin to the back oif some wierd otter creature...thats it.

no wonder kids are becoming stupider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

and it couldn't be the fact that you've gotten older???

ahh no i have to admit they are stupendiously easy these days, stick a hat on an octopus or a ribbon in the top of the head of a female octopus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Cremo wrote:
    and it couldn't be the fact that you've gotten older???
    what i was gonna say ;) ^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Bill Bailey once said of Kinder Eggs:
    'I'm English, and as such I crave disappointment. That's why I buy Kinder Surprise. Horrible chocolate; nasty little toy: a double-whammy of disillusionment! Sometimes I eat the toy out of sheer despair. I actually call them the Eggs Of Numbing Inevitability.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah the toys have definatly gotten crapper. They used to have little cars with motor type things to construct. Now they just have shoite. Worst is when you just get a little promotional collect all 25 statue and theres no challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I used to always pray I didn't get one of those 'collectibles'. You used to get stuff like tiny airplanes that you needed to attach the wings and tailends onto, and tiny cars that you need to put a few parts together to make a pull back one. Good times. Haven't had one in years so couldn't comment on the quality of them now...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Yeah, I got one the other day and there was only an angry looking frog in football kit, like WTF? I want cheap mechano like things if I have to eat that chocolate.

Notice how the last three posts all started with YEAH!!. Now thats consumer anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

yeah, i was always the one of easter sunday who would get either the jigsaw (bad) or the little statue crap (worse)... Also, ever notice that the sheet that comes with your toy showing the rest of toys in that series, the other ones were always way cooler... And you're right, the toys are piss easy to make now, i have a car that you just need to stick on 2 wheels, takes 4 seconds... And they don't come with stickers anymore either :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

As moderator of this forum, I felt duty bound to go out and buy a Kinder Surprise, to see what the complaints are all about (;)). My toy was easy to make, but there were several bits to be slotted in. My problem with them is that they're ridiculously expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

My toy was easy to make, but there were several bits to be slotted in

how many bits?

I have two here in front of me (toys) one from my childhood (just quickly raided my old room) and one from easter.

the one from easter I slotted in one piece, the fin and snorkal piece onto the back of a otter.

the old one, its a sort of house/windmill and i had to attach the floor, the roof, the chinmey and the windmill sort of propellor. Also it appears i stuck stickers on when i originally made it as a kid.

• Advertisement

Eh... 6 bits that all fit together to make a transformer type figurine. You had to attach the helmet, arms and legs to the torso. No stickers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Faith wrote:
    Eh... 6 bits that all fit together to make a transformer type figurine. You had to attach the helmet, arms and legs to the torso. No stickers though.

I reckon they knew you were mod of the sweets forum and sneakily placed that there to sway your mind. Had I gotten a transformer with 6 pieces, I'd have been a very happy bunny indeed.

Alright, I just got one that there was no assembly involved with. Nothing. Just some little smug looking monkey thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

all i get recently are these ****e stickers with some lizard on them,or a little flick book with another stupid lizard:(

Advertisement