Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Weekly LIVE iMPACT Wrestling Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Josh Matthews is backstage at iMPACT!. They better not be considering replacing Tenay.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

We'll just have to agree to disagree. For me, it's worth the expense as they won't be getting much in the States so they may as well try it. It's just annoying to see people constantly complain about everything they do, no matter what.

In other news, they are really over doing the meetings and announcements in the last few weeks. Yes, it's keeping them in the news, but it is over kill at this stage.

For Josh Matthews, wouldn't be have the usual 90 day clause? Tenay has been there from the start so I can't see them replacing him. Taz however, offers nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I don't know what I am disagreeing with. You didn't give me the respect of explaining it in a thoughtful or respectful manner.

Anyway without spoiling IMPACT for future weeks the New York shows are being labelled by talent cutting promos on the shows as a massive reboot.

That Board of Directors thing is probably storyline stuff
    to set up MVP being stripped of the DoWO position
    . I really hope they actually change stuff to go with that reboot. Remember Wrestling Matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

They should have done BFG in Japan when they had the deal with NJPW a crossover show could have been better then,some big talent has left TNA since then.

I would have done one in the UK first really it's there biggest market and you could have done a bit of tv after it in different cities if you booked the usual tour a couple of months earlier.

It's different but I'm not sure it's smart,money is tight in TNA and they'll have to fly their talent and staff in and put them up for a small gate and a spoiled domestic showing of the ppv, I know the numbers aren't great anyway but this will probably hurt it,they also lose the people who travel from abroad for BFG which in my experience is a fairly high percentage and most buy VIP packages or tickets or fan interaction tickets which is more lost revenue in my view.

Call it hating on TNA if you want but this just doesn't seem to make economic sense and that should be the bottom line for a struggling company (within reason)

• Advertisement

The set up for tonight's show looks pretty good:
    BrA557DIQAAE4zI.jpg

EdK wrote: »
    They should have done BFG in Japan when they had the deal with NJPW a crossover show could have been better then,some big talent has left TNA since then.

I would have done one in the UK first really it's there biggest market and you could have done a bit of tv after it in different cities if you booked the usual tour a couple of months earlier.

It's different but I'm not sure it's smart,money is tight in TNA and they'll have to fly their talent and staff in and put them up for a small gate and a spoiled domestic showing of the ppv, I know the numbers aren't great anyway but this will probably hurt it,they also lose the people who travel from abroad for BFG which in my experience is a fairly high percentage and most buy VIP packages or tickets or fan interaction tickets which is more lost revenue in my view.

Call it hating on TNA if you want but this just doesn't seem to make economic sense and that should be the bottom line for a struggling company (within reason)

Meltzer said that Sponsors are footing the bill for BFG. Sponsors are "marks"essentially rich fans/businessmen who traditionally just take Wrestlers out on the town to hang around with them - nothing sexual going on. It is offensive culturally to turn them down. Kind of like in work if you turn down a superior's invite for lunch or dinner.

To me that's an admission that TNA's biggest show is a loss maker.

Also TNA are cost cutting and the SPIKE is up in the air. Seems like this an indication the SPIKE deal won't be renewed or it will be renewed at a much smaller rate.

TNA already have a mark bankrolling them ;)

EdK wrote: »
    TNA already have a mark bankrolling them ;)

Panda Energy has restricted funding a long time ago. They DO want TNA to be independently sufficient.

If this was a set of TV tapings I would say TNA were genius Carny extraordinaires for getting someone else to pay the bills. But their "Wrestlemania"? Come on now that's kind of low rent.

rovert wrote: »
    Panda Energy has restricted funding a long time ago. They DO want TNA to be independently sufficient.

If this was a set of TV tapings I would say TNA were genius Carny extraordinaires for getting someone else to pay the bills. But their "Wrestlemania"? Come on now that's kind of low rent.

I know I'm just messing they are a long way from self sufficient and I honestly doubt they ever will be, too many overheads without the revenue,if they were to make the cuts necessary to achieve it they wouldn't even be able to put out a tv show I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's not going to make TNA any money but B4G in Japan is bad ass. I'll definitely watch it. Loved Global Impact Show back around 2008 and wished they used more Japan talent instead of jobbing out Okada and Tanahashi. This, the recent run of hot crowds, and the aesthetic change of 6 sides has me more optimistic about TNA in a good while.

Hardy's vs. The Wolves for the tag titles is being taped tomorrow. They better give that time because it should be awesome.

Hardy's vs. The Wolves for the tag titles is being taped tomorrow. They better give that time because it should be awesome.

About 4 minutes including a break :pac:

Still annoyed they never did a worthwhile Wolves vs Bad Influence match.

There's one on an upcoming ONO but yeah, it's pretty baffling that they didn't see value in a full Wolves/Bad Influence feud.

Matt Hardy had the following to say:
    "FTR, The Hardyz were only advertised on @IMPACTWRESTLING TV 4 the Fri #TNANYC event, which is SOLD OUT. @TNADixie, you're welcome, DARLING!"

So glad he isn't trying to be a babyface because his current heel character is the most entertaining he has been since his V1.0 days.
    There's one on an upcoming ONO but yeah, it's pretty baffling that they didn't see value in a full Wolves/Bad Influence feud.

Even worse, Bad Influence asked several times for something with them but were told they'll see what they can do. The treatment of Bad Influence towards the end is even more bizarre than the treatment of the Young Bucks a few years ago. One of the best teams in the planet and you let them rot doing nothing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

MOD NOTE:
    Machismo Fan made a thread for iMPACT spoilers for the next 5 weeks so please keep all spoiler & spoiler-related talk there. You guys are very courteous already but I thought I'd make sure so that people won't be mistakenly spoiled.

I assume doing BFG in Tokyo means no Jeff Hardy?

I assume doing BFG in Tokyo means no Jeff Hardy?

His probation or whatever should be up by then. Assuming he stays out of trouble he is likely allowed go.

Angle has made the TV title inactive, meaning they are back to the original four.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Angle has made the TV title inactive, meaning they are back to the original four.

Probably for the best.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how little they did with that title. I can only think of one, maybe two really good TV/Global/Legends title matches in the six years the title was active.

It's amazing how little they did with that title. I can only think of one, maybe two really good TV/Global/Legends title matches in the six years the title was active.

Styles first reign was fairly good. Eric Young's was very good (the Global one) and Devon's long reign was good too. They never seemed to know what to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Styles first reign was fairly good. Eric Young's was very good (the Global one) and Devon's long reign was good too. They never seemed to know what to do with it.

+1 on that loved EY's reign. Could never understand though why they couldn't focus on a name for it (or a decent plan)

Made me feel sad and ancient:
    Petey Williams is retiring this Saturday at XICW. His final match will be against Chris Sabin.

TNA should have brought him for his retirement or something.

Really sad to see because I'm a huge fan of the guy. Sabin is a fitting final match though.

He's only 32. Unless it is due to injuries, I reckon he will be back within a year.

When does the first NY show air?

When does the first NY show air?

July 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I noticed a lot less talking in the latest episode. Just enough to set matches up and move a few stories along.

Also it looked like EY hit the elbow a bit wrong. Looked like his leg hit Lashley's head

And was also trying to figure out when Christy was announcing Gail, was her top see through or just really tight.

Aries vs. Sanada was one of the better matches on this show in a while. Plus I liked the show!

• Advertisement

Aries/Sanada was a major letdown relative to the word of mouth it received the day it was taped. The lack of crowd reaction destroy it but the match wasn't great shakes.

This video was the most productive and smart thing on the show:

Having MVP cover for Lashley's weaknesses shows rare savvy from TNA.

Advertisement