Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I signed up to the €15 deal mid November. It took 3 shop visits and 2 long customer care calls to get my number ported. Seriously how hard is it to port a fecking number!!

Then got my €48 bill yesterday, I've only had the bill phone activated 6 days :rolleyes: Spent 30 mins on hold this morning, got through to a guy and asked what plan I'm on. €30 a month he says. Told him my woes, he said he'll fix it, back date it and credit me €15. Absolutely no idea what my new bill will be like anyway. He promised €48 will not be taken out of my account.

Here's hoping it's sorted.

I'd say your bill should be around the 25 euro mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Beer Baron I feel your pain. In one of the shops when I went in to port my number the lady listened to me, went off to a phone, rang me, and said because my phone rang that means my number is ported :confused: You rang my pay as you go sim, of course it fecking rang!! She stood there looking blankly at the screen, guy beside her prompted her to click on something. She did that, looked blankly again. My eyes were begging that guy to take over my query. He was dealing with another customer while helping her out. Thankfully he finished up with the customer and helped her out. Turns out all they did was kill my pay as you go sim, my bill pay sim was still on the new number that I didn't want.

This was all very soon after a huge UPC overcharging battle so I was fit to kill. I stayed way too calm though, damnit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭John mac

http://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/btlsmart50offer/

The Smart 50 for life campaign is open to all prepay customers who use data and have been selected via the Pre-Post SMS text-out.

Applicants to this message must redeem in store and have proof of ID/address.

The offer is a €25 discount from the customer’s monthly commitment of €50.
    The €25 credit will last as long as the customer remains on this tariff and does not upgrade to another tariff.

The offer is valid to applicable customers until December 31st, 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mika_

John mac wrote: »

The Smart 50 for life campaign is open to all prepay customers who use data and have been selected via the Pre-Post SMS text-out.

The €25 credit will last as long as the customer remains on this tariff and does not upgrade to another tariff.

Ok, so if i did not receive the text, but the sales assistant in meteor store still signs me up for the deal, will I then be charged at standart 50 EUR?

I was in store today and enquired about the deal, all the man asked is - "oh, it's the one with the text message, did you get it", I replied - "yes", and he said he could sign me up right away, I did not have to produce any evidence of the text or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

mika_ wrote: »
    Ok, so if i did not receive the text, but the sales assistant in meteor store still signs me up for the deal, will I then be charged at standart 50 EUR?

I was in store today and enquired about the deal, all the man asked is - "oh, it's the one with the text message, did you get it", I replied - "yes", and he said he could sign me up right away, I did not have to produce any evidence of the text or anything.

No, you will only be charged €25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Same problem

Arrived home to find bill for €30 PCM instead of €15pcm. Silly Meteor. Still on hold of course. Should be as simple of just credit back the money and making sure the next 11 months are €15pcm.

Here's hoping. :rolleyes:

Agreed the €15 deal with customer care, however €30 showed up on the bill. When I reported the error to CC, they said it was a mistake. Seems like they are making lots of mistakes! They are dumb and irritating with their schemes:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

John mac wrote: »

Anyone else have any luck signing up for this without getting the text?

Anyone on the Bill Pay Lite (Sim only plan) have any luck doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

G S R wrote: »
    Anyone else have any luck signing up for this without getting the text?

Anyone on the Bill Pay Lite (Sim only plan) have any luck doing it?

Nope,They are so bad its unreal

They havent a clue to be honest,In order for me to sign up Id need to cancel my rolling contract,get a PAYG sim and then go in and sign up for this new deal

Whats the point?Ive rang up numerous time and been told Id get a callback which has never come....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭G S R

Kev. wrote: »
    Nope,They are so bad its unreal

They havent a clue to be honest,In order for me to sign up Id need to cancel my rolling contract,get a PAYG sim and then go in and sign up for this new deal

Whats the point?Ive rang up numerous time and been told Id get a callback which has never come....

I'd to do that before to get the €15 rolling contract deal when it was €25 for new customers.

I'm on the lookout for a new phone at the moment so if I don't get this offer, I'll be gone over to Three where you can get an S II free on the €40 a month plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I'd suggest that before anyone goes cancelling this rather sweet €15 deal to try get the iphone/galaxy €25 deal, be very sure that you're eligible first.

I was told in a shop and by customer care that it's not just for new connections or upgrades from payg to billpay, you also have to have received the text message. I think they've gotten strict on this since Friday as I was talking to one of the girls in the crescent shop and she said they'd gotten new instructions on who to give this to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kayla Damaged Theology

Daniel S wrote: »
    Nah, you can port it over :)

I'm already with meteor on this pack but with the 250mb allowance.

I was on the. Same deal and justo called them to change over.

Just be careful of the 69c per day if u use the internet on 3g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

du Maurier wrote: »
    Why can't they get this right?:pac: It seems to have happened to plenty of people on here, so surely it's a widespread error. I only signed up last month so they still haven't rectified it. Maybe they're hoping people don't take them up on it and overlook the first bill.
    Judging by the amount of people on their forums posting with the same problem, they must have already wasted hundreds and hundreds of manhours (not to mention their customers' time) on this. Fúcking shambles of a service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It took some time but they corrected my bill and gave me a credit to make up for the hassle, although I haven't checked it's enough yet. I'm also continuing to get incorrect over-quota reports for my data, but the 10GB bundle shows up on my account so they don't really have a leg to stand on if it's wrong. I think that's just another technical hitch though.

To be fair to Meteor, they're tidying up the problem in /reasonable/ time, and although they should have been prepared for the massive popularity of this, I have to say that I've had far worse customer service from the other vendors in this space. Vodafone were far worse when I was with them, Tesco have lovely staff but the Liffey Telecom backend is dire, and O2 basically just told me to shag off when my contract expired this year, by refusing an upgrade.

My biggest complaint would be the disjointedness of the support rather than the delays, which to a certain extent are to be expected (for the moment). I like email and forums but I /hate/ Twitter, and I don't see why I should have to go there to talk to them just because right now they think Twitter is the bees-knees and forums are like, so last year. Support should be delivered equally across all platforms.

Can't use them for my 2 PAYG lines though, Tesco win hands-down with the double-credit thing. Big room for improvement there Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Okay latest/last Update from me

Meteor are a Joke,you'd find better customer service in a third world country..

I rang today and after 20 minutes of a hold the girl told me she wouldn't be able to change my plan and redirected me...another 15 minutes later I get through and ended up back in customer service..the havent a clue what they are up too

I finally ended up ringing Meteor in Blanchardstown where the chap told me he couldn't do it and Id have to ring customer service....

Anyway..Im going with the Google Nexus and they are out of stock at the moment so Ill try again in Jan/Feb...

The chap also told me that SG2 is gone up to 150 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

spockety wrote: »
    I signed up for the offer, and I received the SIM.

But after reading the comments on the last couple of pages here I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of actually following through with a port and becoming a Meteor customer. Sounds like a shambles.

?
    Just wondering if you received a bill?I signed up for this also(15 euro monthly 200 texts and minutes, 1 gb int. on a monthly contract).

Got a bill a couple of days ago but im still on vodafone pay as you go.I got the SIM but never followed up on it by changing over.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

GEM_13 wrote: »
    Just wondering if you received a bill?I signed up for this also(15 euro monthly 200 texts and minutes, 1 gb int. on a monthly contract).

Got a bill a couple of days ago but im still on vodafone pay as you go.I got the SIM but never followed up on it by changing over.

I agreed this 15 euro deal over the phone, but noticed my account on line showed it as 30 euro. Rang customer care and they said sorry it was a mistake and i wouldn't be billed the 30, but guess what? they took 38 euro from my direct debit.Must now go to hassle of trying to get credit back and threaten comreg on em. They're a woeful crowd:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

nightster1 wrote: »
    I agreed this 15 euro deal over the phone, but noticed my account on line showed it as 30 euro. Rang customer care and they said sorry it was a mistake and i wouldn't be billed the 30, but guess what? they took 38 euro from my direct debit.Must now go to hassle of trying to get credit back and threaten comreg on em. They're a woeful crowd:mad:
    Ya,they are getting some really poor feedback alright.

I can sort of understand getting a bill(which,by the way,was 26 euro because they billed me 28th Nov-9th Dec and 10th Dec-9th Jan)but,imo,you should not be billed until you change over.

If you don't activate the card,you should not be billed.You are essentially billing someone for something they have not even used.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

nightster1 wrote: »
    They took over €150 out of my account in August that they were not entitled to and I still haven't got it back do best of luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Beer Baron wrote: »

Our DD is not due till the 22nd December and he said the credit takes 2-3 days which really means 7-10 days but it should be fixed by then.

How did it work out?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Just got a bill from them even though I haven't yet ported, signed a contract, or signed a direct debit mandate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

My meteor page says my bill is 47 euro. DD hasn't come out yet as the bill was dated 24th. Might be delayed but i won't be impressed if they take that amount. Better be a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭fulhamfan

I too signed up to 15 a month deal and duly got a bill for 30 + 7 for VAT. Less than pleased but some helpful folk on this forum suggested emailing stuff@meteor.ie and to them I say a huge thanks. All sorted with no hassle whatsoever and I have to say response time; nature of respond were excellent so while they seem to be an organizational disaster, their customer service via that email route is as good as I've seen with any of the phone companies. Here's hoping it's all plain sailing from here on in as it really is a great offer and will save me a bomb.. Happy new year one and all:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭trevortronics

I had been mis-billed too for this offer. Sorted in a matter of minutes by using the stuff@meteor.ie email address :)

Thanks for posting it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

kmart6 wrote: »
    They took over €150 out of my account in August that they were not entitled to and I still haven't got it back do best of luck with that!

I've had nothing but trouble with Meteor with day one. My first bill was supposed to be for 30 (plus whatever I had incurred through usage), it was DD and one day I saw that 120 had been taken. No idea how it even happened, given that I don't really ever make calls and never use data (and I had 200 minutes calls and 2gb data to cover even the odd time), took ages for it to get sorted as well. Recently got a bill for a similar amount, and again, no data used and maybe 30 minutes call time tops, not sure what the hell is causing it but it's happened a few times too often so I'm moving to another network.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

Just checked my first bill after being transferred over to this plan - it says I'm being charged €20. Now I'm going to have to ring them up and fight over a fiver :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Funny thing happened to me.

I was asked for 50 euro deposit when I tried to switch from Three to Meteor for this 15 euro per month (switching without phone just to rolling contract).

I'm finding this soooo funny.

Looks like working for 6 Years in the same place and living 4 Years in the same place without mortgage or any other credit is not enough for Meteor to let me use theirs network.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Slunk wrote: »
    My meteor page says my bill is 47 euro. DD hasn't come out yet as the bill was dated 24th. Might be delayed but i won't be impressed if they take that amount. Better be a mistake

Just to follow up on this. Emailed stuff at meteor.ie and within about an hour my account was credited with 21 euro. That seems right with paying the month in advance plus the term from when i signed up until billing date. Pretty good customer service :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Also a shout out to stuff@meteor.ie .. they had my erroneous bill sorted within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Signed up for this too. Was being billed from the moment the SIM arrived. Ported about 2 weeks later. Online it tells me that I am on the €30 a mth package, called them and they said it was a mistake and would correct it. 1st bill arrives and I am being billed the €30 per mth. Again called them, they tell me they have credited the account. No way of knowing this is fact until next bill comes though.

Way to smash to bits any goodwill you were getting when we first saw this deal.

Btw online it still reads - Bill Pay Smart Lite EUR30 - 1 Month.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It always said that, the 15 is/was a special offer.

I wonder what's happening to the new customers who haven't and possibly won't spot this. Meteor appears to be dealing with it reactively rather than correcting the problem for all relevant users.

Has anyone reported the problem to ComReg I wonder? It's must be a while now since they doled out a fey, ineffective slap on the wrist to someone. They need to keep their hand... uh... out...?

Advertisement