Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will Georgia Salpa follow Rosanna Davison into Playboy?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

From the end of 2012 Playboy will no longer publish Book of Lingerie, Voluptuous Vixens and any other of its Special Editions magazines. Only Playboy magazine itself will appear, so opportunities for Rosanna, Georgia and all other wannabes will be limited to that.

First Germany, now the USA. According to the Sunday Independent, Miss Rosanna Davison has accepted a personal invitation from Mr Hugh Hefner to appear in the April 2013 edition of Playboy magazine.
    http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/now-rosanna-to-get-naked-for-hugh-hefner-as-she-considers-move-stateside-3276812.html

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Threads Merged.

The Sindo's claim that Davison will be the first winner of Miss World to pose in US Playboy is incorrect. Germany's Gabriella Brum, the 1981 winner who resigned her title shortly after being crowned, appeared in Hefner's magazine the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

:rolleyes: A direct invitation to Hef's bedroom more like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 prescar

marbless wrote: »
    Implied nudity is a bit of a cop-out when a babe is earning big bucks to get all her kit off ;). Readers of men's magazines expect full-frontal nakedness from the girls who pose for them. The sub-title of "Playboy" is Entertainment for Men, and that's what the girls should provide. Thankfully, most of them do.

Some classic pin-up poses are particularly striking. Like when a babe faces the camera with her panties at half-mast (knee level) or fully lowered (warming her ankles). Or when she sprawls on all fours to be photographed from behind, wearing nothing but stockings and high heels.

No pressure, then, Rosanna.....:D

Thanks for your fantasies there, maybe you can take this to the Gentleman's Club?!!

But to answer the Q...yeah I'd say she'd do it if she's offered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

TiT Money

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i guess it would be yes! why not? right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Heres hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

marbless wrote: »
    Boylesports are offering Salpa at 1/4 to appear in Playboy. They quote the rest of the field like this:
    4/1 Roz Purcell
    7/1 Holly Carpenter
    16/1 Pippa O'Connor
    18/1 Nadia Forde
    22/1 Tiffany Stanley
    No mention of Grainne Seoige?

Damn!

• Advertisement

Quotes from Rosanna Davison's end-of-year interview with the Irish Times last Saturday:
    "One of my big worries doing Playboy was my responsibility towards women and towards feminism or towards the movement. I decided to do it based on my academic understanding of women;s writing and literature and that fact that I haven't made a career out of glamour modelling or taking my clothes off.

"I came up with the idea of a tribal beach theme, and I wanted to look both strong and feminine. I wouldn't have done it if they said 'Lie back on a bed with silk and satin lingerie'. I wanted to look strong and fit and toned and healthy.

"I agree it adds to the objectification of women. There are no two ways about it. Every other aspect of modern society, though, from advertising to reality shows, also fuels that. It seems one big cyclical objectification. I wouldn't have done the shoot if I were not in control of the whole thing, from the location to the hair and make-up of the final shots. It was all down to me. There were 100 shots taken, and I picked 40 and I told them what to airbrush and what not to. What I was trying to put across is that you can be everything. You can be desirable and sexy and in control."

So there. (The headline on the interview? "I Don't Know if I'm a Feminist")

Advertisement