Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost service history

• 05-10-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Ive misplaced my service history book and until I find it Id like to get the history to have in the car as its for sale.

All the services where done at a ford dealer but I cant remember the garage name (just that it was ford dealers).

If I go to my ford dealer will they be able to bring up the history of its services and give me a new book? Not all the services where done when I owned the car so some of the services where done in (i think) dublin.

Or am I up sh*t creek?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you remember the town it was serviced in, I'd imagine Googling the town and typing in Ford dealer would bring it up. Possible the garage has gone bust too. I'm not sure on dealer networks sharing information regarding servicing, I think BMW do but I don't know about Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I assume your local ford dealer could check any warranty history to see which ford dealer or dealers carried out any work ? If you found this info then contact the dealers and see if they have any record of service history ? worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Head out in to the Irish sea, you should find plenty of them floating around.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Head out in to the Irish sea, you should find plenty of them floating around.:)

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,096 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

No dealer has any access to another dealers records, for obvious reasons. So they cannot tell you who serviced your own car.

They can check warranty history because it was paid for by the manufacturer and made available by the manufacturer, but only the servicing dealer will have your service records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭trackcar

No dealer has any access to another dealers records, for obvious reasons. So they cannot tell you who serviced your own car.

They can check warranty history because it was paid for by the manufacturer and made available by the manufacturer, but only the servicing dealer will have your service records.

My local Volvo Truck dealership can access the service history for any truck within IRL/UK or EU all they need is a chassis number,

trackcar wrote: »
    My local Volvo Truck dealership can access the service history for any truck within IRL/UK or EU all they need is a chassis number,

Only for trucks on a Volvo contract maintenance package. Again, work paid for by the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

I never suggested that they had. I suggested that they may be able to check any history of warranty work carried out and by which dealer..

The OP could then try the dealer or dealers that had carried out the warranty work to see if they had any service history on the car as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

-Corkie- wrote: »
    :confused:

Theres been a trend over the years of cars "losing" their histories (and thus mileage records) on route to the VRT office.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I'm pretty sure that BMW Ireland can give you service history for a car in BMW dealerships.

• Advertisement

exador wrote: »
    I never suggested that they had.

I was replying to the OP, and made no mention of your post.
    Eoin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that BMW Ireland can give you service history for a car in BMW dealerships.

Having never worked for BMW, I cannot confirm/deny how they link their dealer networks, but I would be genuinely surprised to find that each independent dealer was sharing records with the others.

As an example, I currently process all warranty claims for eight satellite dealers, working from the main dealer in Dublin. (A commercial dealership). Though they operate under our label, though we supply them all their parts, control their franchise, and process their warranty, I still have no access to their service records.

I have worked for Mercedes commercials, Ford, LandRover, Daf trucks and Renault trucks, and this has held true for all of them. Warranty work and service work carried out under central maintenance contracts are recorded on the intra-dealer networks, but if you go in and pay for an oil change, that is between you and the individual dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Hey thanks for the replies. Spoke with the local dealer today and they couldn't pull up the records of services done at other dealers as some here have suggested. Bit of a pain but will just have to keep looking for the feckin thing.

Advertisement