Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***STOLEN*** Orbea Onix TTG CT Full Carbon Road Bike 54cm Black and white in colour

• 26-08-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi,
    Last Night(wednesday 25th august 2010) my bike was stolen when I was jumped by for youths on Bicycles, They were seen heading toward hilcrest when the fled the scene, so if anybody see my bike anywhere in the lucan, clondalkin, RonansTown etc area could you please let me know ASAP.
    My Bike is a white and black orbea onix ttg ct full carbon road bike, 54cm frame, Tiagra front derailer, front crank and ****ers, it has and Ultegra SL 9 speed Rear Derailer, Shimano WH-R500 wheels, Selle Italia (orbea) saddle, that squeeks if u push down on it, 2 pirhanna bottle holders, look keo easy pedals, Sigma Cycling computer with built in HRM, FSA 80mm stem and Airtool mini Pump

The bike could be anywhere in the Dublin area, so If you see it let me know, it will probably be ridden by the sorta people who cant afford such a bike and not used for the correct purpose, so if you see even a bike that looks like it let me know, and if u can push down the saddle and if it squeeks it could be mine,

Thanks

Aaron

23574_387417648289_702923289_3800935_7219704_n.jpg

24884_379012868289_702923289_3599984_2661831_n.jpg

24884_379012878289_702923289_3599986_5949138_n.jpg

24884_380164728289_702923289_3625411_2926360_n.jpg
    19470_291594378289_702923289_3325510_5566900_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

That sucks Aaron. Hope you've been to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

You mean they stopped you and forced them to hand over your bike? ... WTF ... !!!!! That's disgraceful ... I'm sure their mothers are really proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I'm near that area so I'll have a look around for the next few days, there's a lot of scum bags in this area and I know what it's like to have a bike stolen so I'll keep an eye out for you.

Did you identify any of them? Age, skin colour, height, build, clothing, their bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Unfortunatley these f*****s see a nice shiny bright coloured bike and automatically assume its expensive( in your case it was). Anyone interested in roadbikes and is offered this bike will hopefully have the decency to come forward and let you or the gards know.

Drive around those estates and keep an eye out especially in the evening. If it comes to it you might have to 'reward' someone for information.

Good luck finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭bbosco

That is absolutely appalling. I live in the area and will keep a look out for you.

Could also be a good idea popping into Stagg's and letting them know. The thieves might try and sell it to them or the person who buys it from them might drop into the shop with it. Also, they can help spread the word among cyclists in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

What a lousy despicable act. I hope you get your bike back soon.
    Have the Gardai been involved?

Keep an eye on www.gumtree.ie and Buy and Sell

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Awful, I hope you did notify the authorities because you were mugged and I hope they treat it as such. If you find the little turds make sure the Gardai treat it with the seriousness it deserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cyclingmad

Yeah I was in staffs and mailed this link to wheelworx and have adds on buy and sell thanks for the support and even if you know where they might be hanging out it would be a huge help

Thank

Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭columbus_66

Were you riding the bike at the time? Were they? Did it happen on the road? I am from Lucan and will keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

are you okay?

• Advertisement

I was coming form tesco after cycling back to a friends house and was coming down the pedestrian walkway from tesco to the dual carrage way and got surrounded by four youth on bikes and at the bus stop at the bottom one"FELL"and block me and then it all happened, I am ok, I have an injured knee but thats it (knee was already injured but got smashed off the ground when i fell)

Does anybody have any ideas where its gone? or where it could be gone ?

Thanks
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Wow thats terrible. I'm really sorry to here that OP. My gf is from Lucan and I'll say it to her in case she or someone she knows hears anything.

Hope you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭billaustin

Hay man, that is really ****ty, I'm so sorry to hear about that. the Orbea Onix is a nice bike. Was it insured? I heard about this through Cliffy so if I hear anything I will let her know and she can pass it on, that is awful. i hope you catch the toerag mother f****ers.

I hope I catch them and then the guards... Thanks Billaustin,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sorry to see that. Had a fried that lived near Tesco in Lucan, if he was coming from the bus in the evening he would walk up along the dual carriage way and cross at the intersection to avoid that pedestrian bridge and walk way... reckoned it was alway full of scummers. No harm in hanging around there a few evenings (on your way to a hurling match ;)), they most likely hang around there alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

I just cannot believe the nerve of scumbags today!

I've had the pleasure to be out on a few rides with Aaron and this could not have happened to a nicer young lad! This bike was his pride and joy. The scumbags that did this should be shown no mercy... :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

this could not have happened to a nicer young lad!

:eek::eek::confused::confused: .....expression fail :o

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

leftism wrote: »
    this could not have happened to a nicer young lad!

Edit: Should not have happened to nice young lad like Aaron.

Didn't mean it to sound like i'm out to get the poor lad (i hope this doesn't implicate me in this heinous crime)

Yeah, They have alot of nerve, but I'm soirry to say I dont knwo who Leftism is, could I have your initals, or could you mail me to tell me who you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

Dreadfull and frightening stuff hope you get it back
    Ask the Dublin triathlon organisers to circulate I will do to my contacts. :mad:

• Advertisement

XFiles, that would be great, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭X files

Any luck?
    cycled into the park today just to watch the triathlon. traffic mad with down and kildare fans sea of red and black from swords but hardly a cyclist in sight on route

No Luck yet
    was the triathlon any good ?

Scummers like this provide a very strong argument for the pro choice side of the abortion debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

JHC way to go off topic.

I agree, but now that they're alive, I want to get my bike back and then have then delt with accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭redmenace1

scum bags, so many scumbags:mad:

I know, has anybody heard or seen anthing yet ?

Thanks
    Aaron

I'm still looking for this bike guys, so if anybody see it, or something like it, or knows where bikes may be hidden, or know a good place to hide a bike so i could look, or get the guards to look

Thanks
    Aaron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Someone else

cyclingmad wrote: »
    I hope I catch them and then the guards... Thanks Billaustin,

Keep an eye out, you never know. I had a mtn bike taken years ago and spotted a guy on it a fewmonths later, followed him to his work and called to the Gardai eplaining I was fairly sure it was my bike and could they come and check. He finally admitted it and I got the bike back, he had to pay for servicing and the damage o the bike too. I don't think his employer was impressed either (Tesco) when the Garda marched up to the Deli counter and singled him out!!
    Lots more to that story!

Do you have a serial no?? might be worth posting as lot's of people do the classic sportive cycles through the year.

Also contact the organizers of the same classics and try and get an email sent out, some of them (ring of Kerry) have 7000 cyclists.
    Sean Kelly tour of Waterford 1500 on racing bikes last weekend.

Advertisement