Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

hamsterboy wrote: »
    ^^
    This
    Have tried many others but this is just the job.
    Though I just see it as my "Second Captains" app

Cheers, thats the show i am looking to listen too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Otacon wrote: »
    Beyondpod

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

I tried beyondpod and podcast addict. Found the latter better. Try them out and see I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

is there an app that i could could get to download podcasts and play them offline?

Pocketcasts is very good also, it's a paid app but I would recommend it highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Also another one to checkout is Doggcatcher. Been using it for years now and works a charm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Anyone know an app that can send an SMS to your calendar so it will remind me to text that person back later? Like a snooze for SMS

Example – I get a text from Joe Bloggs but I am busy and cant reply to him – I hit snooze and it sets up a reminder to text Joe back at a specified time that I choose. A bit like Any.Do and the way it offers to remind you to call someone if you have a missed call from them.
    see here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Pocketcasts is very good also, it's a paid app but I would recommend it highly.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

To chime in on the podcast discussion: Podcast Addict (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en) is free, does exactly what you need and without any fuss. Can also stream podcasts if needed, and (obviously) supports offline playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Anyone know an app that can send an SMS to your calendar so it will remind me to text that person back later? Like a snooze for SMS

Example – I get a text from Joe Bloggs but I am busy and cant reply to him – I hit snooze and it sets up a reminder to text Joe back at a specified time that I choose. A bit like Any.Do and the way it offers to remind you to call someone if you have a missed call from them.
    see here

Not exactly what you are looking for but Google Calender emails and/or SMS's you on event triggers. You just need to manually put in the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

tui0hcg wrote: »

see here

I'd love to know this as well.

Annother +1 for BeyondPod. Sync it with Feedly as well. I'd love one with notifications that new items were added to the feed

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »
    I'd love to know this as well.

Annother +1 for BeyondPod. Sync it with Feedly as well. I'd love one with notifications that new items were added to the feed

You can set Podcast Addict to automatically check for new episodes. Once a new episode is found it will download automatically (if you want), and you get a notification for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

s_carnage wrote: »
    Also another one to checkout is Doggcatcher. Been using it for years now and works a charm.

Yep gotta agree with Doggcatcher, using it for years now, in fact its one of my first installs on any new device. Not as flashy as some others but I've never had a hiccup using it so its rock solid for everyday use (for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

BeyondPod is a super app.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

100 doors 2013 puzzle game, some very tricky levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Doubletwist is great, but you have to pay for it

naughtb4 wrote: »

Doubletwist is actually the company. I've purchased their Alarm Clock. It's fabulous and wakes me up on time every morning that I want to be woken up on. Give you a Clock Live Wallpaper too. Very nice.

they also have a Music Player that I've never used.

RangeR wrote: »
    Doubletwist is actually the company. I've purchased their Alarm Clock. It's fabulous and wakes me up on time every morning that I want to be woken up on. Give you a Clock Live Wallpaper too. Very nice.

they also have a Music Player that I've never used.

I'd hate to have an alarm clock that only woke me up some mornings that I wanted to be woken!

Talking alarm clocks is my personal favourite, it's amazing how effective someone shouting at you can be at waking you up.

naughtb4 wrote: »

Worth it in my opinion. Probably the best player out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ronoc wrote: »
    Worth it in my opinion. Probably the best player out there.

Yeah its the closest to an "iTunes" experience (podcast wise) i have gotten on Android

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭corkie

Amazon free app today is Babel Rising 3D but it is also available on the playstore for free! Has in app purchases!

There is also a version for €2.49 on the playstore, with No ads, no future in-app purchases!

So i wonder which version amazon are offering?

Has anyone here played it and would you recommend it?

Regards,
    John

!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Surely Amazon would be giving the paid version away for free or it would make a mockery of the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭corkie

VanZan wrote: »
    Surely Amazon would be giving the paid version away for free or it would make a mockery of the offer?

Looks like they are making a mockery of the offer! Because the Amazon version has in app purchases as well.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You in Politics

• Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps
    • Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sparkle 2 is Amazon's free app today. I got it a few months back for my iPod touch and it's a great game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Do any of the podcast apps playback at double speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

MiCr0 wrote: »

Doggcacter does from 1x to 1.5 x playback.

MiCr0 wrote: »

Pocketcasts can be set up to 3 times faster.

DoubleTwist Music Player updated today, optimised for tablets.

Anyone know if it can play from Google Music?

Podcast addict can be slowed down (to 0.4x) or sped up (to 3x).

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Quick one for ye - is there an any other audio players that can play from the Google Play Music service (bar their own 'Play Music' app obviously)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Basq wrote: »
    Quick one for ye - is there an any other audio players that can play from the Google Play Music service (bar their own 'Play Music' app obviously)?

There is a way yes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.gmusicfs&hl=en

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement