Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

jobucks wrote: »
    Hi guys, haven't been on in a long time but went googling after I watched a week of eastenders this evening. The first thing I thought when I saw that scene with Derek and Michael was that there was something more sinister like rape involved. Seems I wasn't the only one who picked up on it, and that would say to me that eastenders is doing what they do best. I have a feeling that Tanya's sister rainie knows something aswell, I remember he made a reference to her not looking as young and innocent as she did when he last saw her at Tanya and maxes wedding. This could well explain her alcohol dependency.

good observation. I actually read on one of the digital spy type websites when derek first came back that there was 'history and alot of tension' between tanya, rainie and derek so tht could be it. I dont know about anyone else but im dying to see eastenders during the week to see how this all plays out.
    If it is true, the one thing thats confusing me is the next day when michael, anthony, tyler and janine went to the pub and derek wa there well it didnt seem like michael had been raped the previous evening....but i suppose all other evidence points to it so il just have to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

qwertytlk wrote: »
    good observation. I actually read on one of the digital spy type websites when derek first came back that there was 'history and alot of tension' between tanya, rainie and derek so tht could be it. I dont know about anyone else but im dying to see eastenders during the week to see how this all plays out.
    If it is true, the one thing thats confusing me is the next day when michael, anthony, tyler and janine went to the pub and derek wa there well it didnt seem like michael had been raped the previous evening....but i suppose all other evidence points to it so il just have to wait and see!
    I noticed that Derek felt uncomfortable with Michael being in the vic and saying everything was alright, it unnerved Derek abit to see Michael was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

qwertytlk wrote: »

i very much agree with this. Derek kept saying not the face etc, then i was thinking maybe it was only a beating but really until it unfolds who knows.
    true form to Ee, keeping us guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Lisha wrote: »
    I thought that line was genius too:)

I almost wet meself

had to admit though that was the best scene so far this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Im hot and Im waiting haaah. Rape seems a bit far fetched but who knows.
    Ben is one of my favourite actors on it, that closing scene was great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

thwy should bring grant back now. he should take on derek and get phil out of prison because phil or the mitchells in general is the only man who can have a monopoly of businesses in eastenders. also how is ian affording everything for mandy. he bought her a new car and his seemed new and especially now since jane took the cafe. is it the chippy and the frit and veg stall is all that he has left? id say soon both ian and janine will be broke

eternal wrote: »
    Im hot and Im waiting haaah. Rape seems a bit far fetched but who knows.

That thought left me with the mental images of Ian:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84,823 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I didnt think Ian and Mandy had a physical relationship

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw mandy the other night .....holy nostalgia....is she a former child actress, that viewers over 33 would recognise from childrensd bbc????....(off to google her now)

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

You really think a creepy sod like Ian would go without sex?:p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

It seems pretty obvious to me that Mandy is a trophy wife. Used for sex and hanging on the arm. But then I would be shallow in saying that ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jack will fall for Bianca pretty soon.

Anyway, Eastenders does love the family in breeding!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Jack will fall for Bianca pretty soon.

Anyway, Eastenders does love the family in breeding!

Jack is Bianca's Uncle :eek:

Jack is Bianca's Uncle :eek:

Forgot about Carol, suppose the sister in law will have to do then!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

The whole Derek/Michael scene was very disturbing....and yet I dont know if it would be as bad as an abuse story? If it is, then EE have done the very unusual step of not leaking it as a story in advance - I dont like this dark side of EE, so I hope they dont linger on it. I think if it was sexual abuse, surely Derek wouldn't have been saying anything to Jack about it??

I think that Derek & Tanya have some secrets from the past - I wonder if he tried it on with Tanya or something, and then warned her never to tell Max.

What really strikes me as completely nuts is Derek's hold over both Max and Jack - I know he is their older brother but still, they haven't come across as anything like gangsters compared to Derek.

Thank God for Kim & her comedy - otherwise I think I'd have to stop watching as it is too dark!

The cover of one of new soap mags
    had a headline Derek rapes Roxy and Max's new lover and pictured was Mandy, Lucy or Kat

his inability to keep it in his pants is beyond me

Kaching wrote: »
    his inability to keep it in his pants is beyond me

Especially with Tanya as his wife! ;)

Must be Kat, keep it in the family and all that!

Exactly like :)

Kim Fox is hilarious and even though her outfits are hideous they are but a big part of Kim :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

She is! Kim is certainly needed now too, with all these dark storylines in Eastenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

The actor who plays Tiff is absolutely brilliant.Always makes me laugh.

Love Derek as well,you can't beat a good old villain in the soaps.

Must be Kat, keep it in the family and all that!

I think he gets flirty with Roxy soon

Derek talks to hitman Andy about putting the frighteners on Roxy. Andy attempts to grab Roxy, but is interrupted by the arrival of the dodgy booze. Derek calls the hit off until he finds out Roxy and Alfie have scammed him. Derek tells Andy the hit is back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I didn't realise Roxy was a cokehead?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Love Derek as well,you can't beat a good old villain in the soaps.
    I hate Derek!
    ... but I suppose I'm supposed to. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

What's going on with Heathers man? He's showing a very aggressive side :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

What's going on with Heathers man? He's showing a very aggressive side :(

SAdly there seems to be a pyscho killer thing going on. Poor Hev:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

am i the only one that finds andrews mood swings very odd, no one else i know seems to see them but me. The minute anyone does something he doesnt like he:confused: gets all moody

And what was with proposing to heather? She keps asking him to say it again because she couldnt believe it and he pretty much snarls "Yer gonna marry me or wut?"

ignorant out!!!
    you hit the nail on the head there;) Andrew is showing his violent/aggressive side now, didn't his mother say something about it the other night? something about his temper :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Andrew frightens me. Him Yelling at heather last night, I just wanted to give her a hug. I hope she doesn't marry him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement