Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doherty gives an interview to Silicon Republic.

Options
  • 11-02-2004 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Jeez. Its a veritable daily newsfeed for Comreg over there. The Article is Here .

Delectable snippets from Doherty for the Blog :D

"What we do is always too far ahead and too quick for Eircom "

...ya mean when a consumer complains about being slammed or pairgained or ripped off John, do ya . The line rental in Ireland is always 'far ahead' of the whole ****ing Planet from what I can see :( ?

"When you phone up for voicemail at the moment, you get an Eircom voice message.!"

Including when there is no Voice Mail set up John, and you get charged by Eircom to be told there is no Voice Mailbox when a simple unbillable NU or Busy tone would do fine instead you muppet. You lot in Comreg allow Eircom to charge callers for NOT providing a service and to charge the Called Party for NOT configuring the service in the first place and call yourselves a Regulator.

Resign, all of you resign , thats how you can stay 'far ahead' .

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Just reminded me Muck,

The old voicemail thing is still doing the rounds, but it looks like its back in the hands of Comreg now again. I sent an email to Dermot Ahern, and they got a lookin into it, including the bit about the Ombudsman not having any juristiction over comreg.

Here is the most recent reply I got. Not very inspiring, but hopefully, there may well be something going on behind it. At the very least, I hope someone in Comreg got told to cop them selves on and at least give a decent reply to the complaint.

As to what comes of it, we will have to wait and see, although its been a while now and I thought I should have heard something by now.

Wexfordman

"Dear £$£$£$£,

I refer to your representations concerning problems you are experiencing with Eircom's call answering service.

While I appreciate your concerns I have no function in these matters. It is the Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) who has the statutory function to investigate consumer complaints about telecommunications companies.

However, my officials contacted ComReg on your behalf and they have informed me that they are currently investigating the matter with Eircom. ComReg will revert to you directly to inform you of their conclusions.

Kind regards,

Yours sincerely, "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Oh dear, that use of revert is spreading like the plague, I first noticeed it starting to crop up about a year ago, it's turning into a bit of an epidemic.

It just looks and sounds fkin stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah, I noticed a rash of it around the same time, and it seemed to spring up out of nowhere. I seem to remember that being another reason I resigned from IrelandOffline. Overt Over-Revert Usage. :)

adam

PS. This is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Jorinn
    Oh dear, that use of revert is spreading like the plague, I first noticeed it starting to crop up about a year ago
    Ah you're behind the times Jorinn. I've noticed idio^H^H^H^Hsuccessful business people using it in letters, memos and emails for at least six years. It does appear to have become very popular in the last year though.

Don't forget we've an English board where you can rant about plonkers starting letters with "enclosed find my CV for your perusal" all you like. Great board at times, I'm sure the mods there would be glad of the traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Originally posted by Muck
    Delectable snippets from Doherty for the Blog :D

Our regulator's new PR postcard. Discover John's secret by simple mouse tickle! And more about another "Ireland first place" issue.
    Go to John's latest blog

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh dear, that use of revert is spreading like the plague, I first noticeed it starting to crop up about a year ago

It just looks and sounds fkin stupid.

Yea.. I only noticed it in the past year when I started getting it in emails.. the number of times I was tempted to reply with "it's RESPOND, not revert" :D

Advertisement