Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anyone an idea where I may find 11.5" bicycle spokes in the city? Only needing one, but every bike shop in town keeps trying to hawk me a wheel so as the make a quick buck :/

Have you tried On Yer Bike / Ar Do Rothar on Prospect Hill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows of any place in the city to watch the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight this weekend, I know its long shot as its on in the very early hours, but would like to see it with a bit of atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Have you tried On Yer Bike / Ar Do Rothar on Prospect Hill?

Yeah I tried them before but no luck. Got sorted out on the tuam road anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

Does anyone know if golf style is open today? I tried ringing but no answer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Anybody know somewhere to get laundry hand washed?
    I know places that do regular laundry as well as dry cleaning, but is there anywhere that does hand washing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nowhere in Europe does hand washing any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anybody know somewhere to get laundry hand washed?
    I know places that do regular laundry as well as dry cleaning, but is there anywhere that does hand washing?
    There is a washerwoman at the Claddagh, only when the tide is going out and the sun is shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Where could I pick up some pinatas in town? Any help in finding them is very appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Woodies wellpark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Where could I pick up some pinatas in town? Any help in finding them is very appreciated.

I've seen em in Dealz before in the party section top shelf. hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Where can I get VHS video tapes converted to a DVD in Galway city??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

O'Connors TV repair shop on Sean Mulvoy Road used to advertise this service, don't know if they still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

There's a guy on adverts.ie from Tuam, he offers to collect & return. Can't comment on quality, just spotted the ad before

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭navigator

does anyone know any place in Galway where I can eat good stuffed backed potatoes? (just like that you once could eat at the Couch Potato, now closed...)
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 galway23

Hi everyone,

Just wondering by any chance would anyone have a copy of the book ' Galway through time and tide, vol. 1' by William Henry, to sell?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Immodium. Before 10 tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere repair a Motorola Moto G for a reasonable price?
    I'm being quoted €99 by the place on Eglinton street

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

dinneenp wrote: »

If its a screen/digitizer, I got one recently for about e30 off ebay. YT video for replacement looked easy enough, although the recipient got someone else to fit it, as I was away

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm looking for some tiger seal, anyone know where I can pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Where is the easiest place/way to get a mass card in Galway City? In the church behind Kings Head is it?

Just wondering, cos back home you can just go into the local shop and they take care of it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh the fellas in the Christianity forum would probably know best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I saw some for sale in the newsagent in Westside, next to Dunnes, today (think they were signed although the norm would be to get them signed at time of purchase from a church office).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I saw some for sale in the newsagent in Westside, next to Dunnes, today (think they were signed although the norm would be to get them signed at time of purchase from a church office).

Yeah, there's definitely a sign up in Newsweek (beside Dunnes Westside) which says "signed mass cards available".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anywhere in Galway that do something like this?

I'm looking for a thin white 'picture rack/ledge', it's a long strip of plastic/wood you put on the wall, with a lip on one side so you can easily put photos on it. Hopefully diy stores might have something that might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Anywhere in Galway that do something like this?

I'm looking for a thin white 'picture rack/ledge', it's a long strip of plastic/wood you put on the wall, with a lip on one side so you can easily put photos on it. Hopefully diy stores might have something that might work.

B&Q?

http://www.diy.com/rooms/living-areas/storage-shelving/DIY825003.cat/Product__Type-34378=Photo__shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TheKaiserChief

Where's best (and the cheapest) to pick up some pairs of chinos and slacks for work?

Not interested in brand names, just as long as they look half decent and respectable, so none of this "skinny" or "super slim" stuff. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Where's best (and the cheapest) to pick up some pairs of chinos and slacks for work?

Not interested in brand names, just as long as they look half decent and respectable, so none of this "skinny" or "super slim" stuff. Thanks.

I would try Debenhams and M&S.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Read that before you go near them.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057202291

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I'm in Galway tomorrow and want to treat my girlfriend to a manicure in the city centre (whilst I work!) around 11am.

Anyone got any recommendations? I have a place in the Retail Park but that's a little far out to expect her to walk to whilst I have the car.

Would be great if I could book it and pay in advance too.

Cheers,
    Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

dan185 wrote: »
    I'm in Galway tomorrow and want to treat my girlfriend to a manicure in the city centre (whilst I work!) around 11am.

Anyone got any recommendations? I have a place in the Retail Park but that's a little far out to expect her to walk to whilst I have the car.

Would be great if I could book it and pay in advance too.

Cheers,
    Dan

Shellys are supposed to be good. Just beside Halo nightclub, if you know where that is.

Advertisement