Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Translation help - a car sticker

• 29-04-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

If you can read Japanese, would you be so kind as to translate this sticker into English please?

I have just bought the car and the details from this sticker might help verify the mileage on the odometer.

Unfortunately I cannot post an URL or embed an image because I am classified as a "new user" on these forums - despite having an account here since 2006, oh well...

Anyway, if you would like to help, could you please replace all "_" characters with "." and you will see the photo of the sticker:

i62_tinypic_com/qx49eg_jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

"タイミングベルトは10万KM毎に交換することをお勧めします。
    実施日:H21年6月30日
    走行距離:93906KM"

We recommend the timing belt is changed every 100,000 kilometres.
    Carried out: 2010/June/30th
    Mileage: 93906 KM

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭foreignobserver

Thank you Tristram.

So "21" stands for 2010? As you can guess I am 100% ignorant about the Japanese language.

I wish I noticed the sticker before buying the car... My current odometer reading is 112350KM, so the odometer is very likely to have been manipulated by the seller.

Oh well, at least I know I definitely need to replace that timing belt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Yeah, calendar years over here are divided into periods/eras that match the lifespan of the emperors. The H stands for Heisei which began in 1989.

Unfortunately I am completely ignorant of all things car-related. I'm not sure what a timing belt is/does. I hope you can resolve your car situation to your satisfaction.

Advertisement